rock bus

Pant wetter ...stupidly getting nervous

Sorry everyone just using this post to air my increasing unnecessary worrying! Whilst everyone else is aboard HMS P the league I’m stood left on the shore.

I just can’t rid of the thought that we have two really tough games coming up. It is not inconceivable we could lose to Bournemouth and Watford.

That then leaves us on a poor run and with ‘just’ 3 games to secure the points we need.

I know that still requires The others to win all their other games but I can’t stop fearing the worst happening.

stupid I know, but maybe that’s just because I’m used to Norwich doing things the hard way and nothing being easy.

Thanks for reading my confession and hopefully some one can resurrect this post Saturday evening when we’re promoted!!

20 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Sorry everyone just using this post to air my increasing unnecessary worrying! Whilst everyone else is aboard HMS P the league I’m stood left on the shore.

I just can’t rid of the thought that we have two really tough games coming up. It is not inconceivable we could lose to Bournemouth and Watford.

That then leaves us on a poor run and with ‘just’ 3 games to secure the points we need.

I know that still requires The others to win all their other games but I can’t stop fearing the worst happening.

stupid I know, but maybe that’s just because I’m used to Norwich doing things the hard way and nothing being easy.

Thanks for reading my confession and hopefully some one can resurrect this post Saturday evening when we’re promoted!!

Many of us have slight doubts I should think.

It's normal to be cautious as over-confidence can come back to hit you where it hurts most and nothings over until it's over.

If you scrutinise the detail though, caution becomes unrealistic.

I think that the demands upon both Swansea and Brentford to match us are unrealistic, and this is without taking into account the various games between  the top sides, many including Watford.

What is it? We need two points from five games to be absolutely sure ... even Ipswich could get that.

Have a little drink. It will help. A few and you might even be talking about European football, along with LDC. 😉

Edited by BroadstairsR

I can understand the OP but anyone not supporting City will find it ridiculous that we have any worries about securing promotion, particularly given how remorseless our team is this season.

Put it this way - Sky’s trailer for Saturday night’s game says  “can Norwich take another step towards the title?”.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, rock bus said:

I'm with you, don't worry. I'm sure we will be fine but it's when I relax and listen to those super confident positive ppl that the biggest disappointments occur.

It's like planes, no matter how safe they are and as far as I am aware there has never been a fatal crash from any major UK airport, I still worry my plane might be the one.

Yes these two games are tricky for us, but it’s worth considering that they are even trickier for our opponents - away at the league leaders who haven’t lost in an age and had one defeat at home all season.  As a supporter of Bmuff and Watford I’d be far more concerned.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, glory.win or die. said:

It's like planes, no matter how safe they are and as far as I am aware there has never been a fatal crash from any major UK airport, I still worry my plane might be the one.

That one’s easily solved. Don’t fly.

Not so easy with worries about a football team as it’s in your DNA but we’ll be fine.

Relax, the only team that has any hope of catching us now is Watford.  Promotion is a done deal.

29 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

I can understand the OP but anyone not supporting City will find it ridiculous that we have any worries about securing promotion, particularly given how remorseless our team is this season.

Put it this way - Sky’s trailer for Saturday night’s game says  “can Norwich take another step towards the title?”.

It would be spectacular- I would venture unprecedented- for brentford and or Swansea to win all remaining games AND a team that has lost 5 all season , to lose the remaining 5 . 
That said , individual games do look more worrying . You can make a case for us losing each game as all - with the exception of QPR have some thing to play for . Also Swansea have a soft run in and have got back to form. Watford and Bournemouth are in good form. 
I would like to get over the line sooner rather than later!  
PS the bookies have stopped taking bets on us finishing in the top two , or “getting in the playoffs “ which was the last Easy way to lay the bet of Norwich going up. Watford are 16/1 to win the league. 

I do have a nagging feeling we will lose against **** and Watford . I think this might go on a bit longer than we would want , but we’ll get there . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

I am a negative Nancy and even I can see it’s over the line 🎉🎉🎉🎉

Is this Nancy yet another account of yours ?

• Haha 1

We aren't messing this up, we're promoted.  The real question is whether or not we win the title, and even that could be wrapped up within the next week.

25 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I am a negative Nancyboy and even I can see it’s over the line 🎉🎉🎉🎉

Sorted it for you. 😇

1 hour ago, rock bus said:

8 points clear, even if we lose the next two (we haven't lost 2 back to back all season, and we're unbeaten in 13 isn't it now, so can't see that happening, can you?) we will STILL be 2 points clear with 3 games to go. I think we'd have taken being in that position at the start of the season, trust the stats, we will do it, and hopefully do it against Watford!

1 hour ago, rock bus said:

It is not inconceivable we could lose to Bournemouth and Watford.

It of of course possible but I can't see us losing to one of them let alone both of them.

It’s not about promotion anymore it’s about being winning the championship, I’d be very happy with a win and a draw, as others pointed out we’ve lost just one game at home and that against a lucky Derby! 
If you think about it, we’re better without a home crowd! 😂

2 hours ago, rock bus said:

Norwich might do some things the hard way, but we are very good at leading from the front. Apart from 1992/93, I can’t remember us not winning a league or being promoted when we have been leading amongst the front runners for part of a season.

I like to be positive and we are in a fantastic position, but until the job is done, we are not promoted. Two points are needed and I won't relax about our position until those two points are obtained.  It is a difficult run in, no doubt, but we need those points asap to stop any more nagging doubts and we can all relax.

In that sense the biggest challenge lies ahead - we are like at match point in a tennis match - and that is often the most difficult point to get. Need the team to be at their best and with the most intensity they have shown all season because any relaxation will be punished by opposition teams, all of whom apart from QPR will be totally up for it having something to fight for themselves. 

50 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I like to be positive and we are in a fantastic position, but until the job is done, we are not promoted. Two points are needed and I won't relax about our position until those two points are obtained.  It is a difficult run in, no doubt, but we need those points asap to stop any more nagging doubts and we can all relax.

In that sense the biggest challenge lies ahead - we are like at match point in a tennis match - and that is often the most difficult point to get. Need the team to be at their best and with the most intensity they have shown all season because any relaxation will be punished by opposition teams, all of whom apart from QPR will be totally up for it having something to fight for themselves. 

Even if we lose the next two (we wont), are you seriously suggesting we wont pick up points at QPR away or beat Reading at home?  Even Barnsley on the last day who could easily be resting players for the playoffs.  Regardless of that, we're already up because Swansea and Brentford WILL drop points at some point.

2 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

I can understand the OP but anyone not supporting City will find it ridiculous 

Plenty of us supporting City think it's bloody ridiculous too 

• Like 1

Regarding the Bournemouth game it will depend on what the desire is from both teams - Bournemouth going for a play off spot will be full of it whereas Norwich knowing we only need two points from the remaining games may take their foot off the pedal a bit - I am going fora draw on this one but will not be surprised to see a Bournemouth win 

But there's one fundamental.... the lads have got this covered!  Remember Brentford and all the pant-wetting then... the lads completely destroyed them.     They want the league title, nothing else will be acceptable now.

It doesn't matter who we play, fact is we will starve all teams of possession, its a different game when they place us, much more likely we get 105 points than we get 92!  

All aboard!!! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bomber said:

Regarding the Bournemouth game it will depend on what the desire is from both teams - Bournemouth going for a play off spot will be full of it whereas Norwich knowing we only need two points from the remaining games may take their foot off the pedal a bit - I am going fora draw on this one but will not be surprised to see a Bournemouth win 

Bournemouth will be up for it, but why on earth would we be taking our foot off the pedal?  All of the worriers are concerned that we aren't promoted yet, and mathematically that's correct, so I'm sure there wont be any relaxing by the players until it's confirmed (even afterwards I can not see Farke letting up until the title is in our hands).