TeemuVanBasten

You Can Keep Two.... Aarons/Skipp/Buendia/Cantwell

So as to not complicate things, Skipp would stay on a permanent and Cantwell would extend his contract by two years. 

Which two are you saying goodbye to in the summer?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Emi so good, he gets named twice in the thread title....... ☺ 

You Can Keep Two.... Aarons/Emi/Buendia/Cantwell

Edited by Greavsy
  • Haha 1

Emi and Buendia 😉

I'm guessing you meant Skipp to be in the list rather than one of those two?

If so, it's Buendia and AN Other to keep. If I had to choose, I'd probably say Skipp because it means we only need one central midfielder rather than two.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Emi and Buendia 😉

I'm guessing you meant Skipp to be in the list rather than one of those two?

If so, it's Buendia and AN Other to keep. If I had to choose, I'd probably say Skipp because it means we only need one central midfielder rather than two.

Snap!

26 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Emi so good, he gets named twice in the thread title....... ☺ 

You Can Keep Two.... Aarons/Emi/Buendia/Cantwell

Thanks, edited

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Think I’d go with Skipp and Emi, though would happily keep all.  

Same here. 

They're all good players but it's really a question of how easily they can be replaced. Cantwell would be difficult and Emi nigh on impossible. The other two could be replaced with less impact on the team (but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate their efforts this year).

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that given Skipps progress, and the fact that Spurs desperately need some better players, that the chances of him staying are unlikely. However, I can see Sorensen being equally effective in that position.

Aarons is unquestionably good but it's easier, marginally less important and cheaper to replace a right back than it is replace your 2 main playmakers.

Who knows, we may already have another Giannoulis or Quintilla lined up for right back.

The bottom line is that you need players like Emi & Todd as they can win you games and players like that don't grow on trees.

They would be my preference.

Buendia and Cantwell.

there are more available and vaguely affordable players to replace the other two. 

28 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Buendia and Cantwell.

there are more available and vaguely affordable players to replace the other two. 

I’d agree with that. Particularly in regard to Aarons who is brilliant but far easier to pick up a decent full back at a reasonable price.

I think Skipps imapact on the team is greater than Emi's

He gives us the platform and footing to play our nice football.

However Emi's impact on matches is more important.

His flashes of genius single handly win us points.

Its tough on Max, I'm a big admirer of his, think he genuinley has the potential to be one of the best RB's in Europe.

And whilst I think hes fantastic, I believe he is more replacable than Oli and Emi.

Todd is very good and is in great form but not quite sure he is in the same bracket as the other three just yet.

So for me, keep Oli and Emi and relucantly let Max and Todd go.

Emi and Todd all day long. 

However we'll need to replace Max and Ollie with near equal quality to avoid a net weakening of the squad.

Emi and Skipp. Right backs are a bit more replaceable and while I like Cantwell he's not quite at Buendias level.

Emi and Skipp on a permanent. I think Norwich might actually be looking to sell Aarons for a big fee this summer to help fund upgrades across the team - having Aarons and Dimi bombing on in the Prem is going to be a big risk.

• Like 2

Emi and Todd.  I'm already resigned to the fact that Aarons will likely go.  Todd also showed that he was better suited to the prem than the champ last time around and proved himself at that level... we're yet to see know how Skipp will perform against better teams / players.

23 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Emi and Skipp on a permanent. I think Norwich might actually be looking to sell Aarons for a big fee this summer to help fund upgrades across the team - having Aarons and Dimi bombing on in the Prem is going to be a big risk.

Completely agree on all of this.  Although Aarons will be a huge miss to that side of the pitch, as much as Mumba is promising I don't fancy him learning his trade in the Premier League.

Emi and Skipp without a doubt are the key ingredients required in this side. That's taking nothing away from Todd and Max who are also mighty, mighty important to our team. I think RB is less key, perhaps, and as replacing Jamal with Dimi has proven there are good options out there, but Max is far above what level Jamal was/is at. Todd isn't at the level of Emi just yet is also the reality. I think Max is by far the best RB in this division though

I think Cantwell and Aarons are excellent. However, and without question, I'd keep Emi and Skipp (permanent, not loan), who will deservedly be 1 & 2 in player of the season awards.

Edited by All the Germans

4 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

They're all good players but it's really a question of how easily they can be replaced. Cantwell would be difficult and Emi nigh on impossible. The other two could be replaced with less impact on the team (but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate their efforts this year).

Would tend to agree. Buendia undoubtedly top of the list. Fair points above about needing two central midfielders if Skipp went, but I reckon bringing in two decent cms would be easier and (probably more importantly) cheaper than bringing in one decent cm and an attacking player who offers as much as Cantwell.

I think Aaron's is just as much a talent as Emi and potentially has an even higher ceiling. I could really see him going all the way to the top.

That said, we did look better last season with a more defensive minded right back in Byram. Particularly against the larger sides.

Because of that, I'd go with Emi and Skipp.

Ideally we'd keep all 4. Each one of them have a lot to offer in the prem.

I will answer this after the Bournemouth and Watford games, as if Skipp is the real deal and he shows what we have watched all season long in those two games, then we need him next season. 

Max: Go and join Barcelona, huge move needed for us as a club, being able to attract youngsters from the rich London clubs who get pushed out, in the knowledge that we are the best club for them 

Emi: If he gets the big move, great. If not,load up his contract and each season we stay up, the millions will be added to his value.

Todd: Will be a big hit for us next season, he has the talent. 

If I had to pick two now. Skipp & Todd, with the others getting the big money moves. 

3 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

But surely it is far better to have both full backs capable of 'bombing on' so you can mix it up and keep the opposition guessing, if the opposition know that we only have one full back capable of attacking then guess which side they are going to prepare all week to attack.