I see you've all fallen into the trap, Leeds fans revel in being hated and despised so you're just feeding their enjoyment.😀

My take on the spending - 

Meslier, Koch and De Paul (if it happens) - excellent

Costa and Rodrigo - too expensive

Gvardiol (if it happens) - unnecessary

As for Augustin, one hell of a mistake if they have to cough up.

14 hours ago, 1902 said:

I disagree that Leeds have a higher number of objectionable fans, just those that are objectionable really really over compensated during their EFL years.

Quite true, we also have a number of objectionable fans, some on this forum. Comical to see the Leeds ones wind up ours on this forum. I little bit of self knowledge wouldn't go amiss.

Their new German centre back seems very popular and is bound to boost shirt sales and associated name/number printing. So even more Kochs in their crowd than normal then.🤭

Apples

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mr Apples said:

Their new German centre back seems very popular and is bound to boost shirt sales and associated name/number printing. So even more Kochs in their crowd than normal then.🤭

Apples

See what you did there Apples. 

Guessing then that they'll be selling lots of XL or XXL then as a the bigger shirts seem more more apt 😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, DraytonBoy said:

I see you've all fallen into the trap, Leeds fans revel in being hated and despised so you're just feeding their enjoyment.😀

My take on the spending - 

Meslier, Koch and De Paul (if it happens) - excellent

Costa and Rodrigo - too expensive

Gvardiol (if it happens) - unnecessary

As for Augustin, one hell of a mistake if they have to cough up.

As I believe  you are a fan of Leeds, Drayton(?) , what is your opinion on the article ? They didn't publish it for fans of other teams (nor for us on here BigFish) , did they? They want to create a siege mentality to cover up shortfallings. 

I don't hate or despise Leeds (I have a few thoroughly nice friends who are Leeds fans) I just find things like this rather sad and pathetic, that grown men want to write stuff like this. A sign of the times I guess. 

As someone familiar with the Leeds of the late 1960s and1970s I have quite a lot of time for the club and most of their supporters. They made up for being a little less talented than others by being generally organised and obnoxious, allowing their opponents to either lose their cool or their own organisation as a result. Their supporters thought they were all great footballers - some were (Giles, Clark, Lorimer), most weren't (Jones, Bremner, Hunter, Madeley) but they all bought into the siege mentality thing and have been living that particular dream ever since. Having spent some time there, it isn't just a football thing, it goes to the heart of their psyche and keeps their blood flowing. You could call it the ultimate inferiority complex.

Bielsa is different though. A man of principle, who believes in winning the right way. He won't let his players dive to win penalties or feign injury like every other EPL team will. Most of their supporters haven't quite made that evolution yet - hence this delusional article, which seeks to do what the Leeds of the 70s did. It's a shame the writer hasn't yet caught on but I find it very amusing when people fall into the trap rather than just laughing it off. Whether Leeds have enough quality to step up over the season is one of the most interesting things to watch for. 

Personally, I think they will be OK as they have strengthened in the right areas and have a realistic hope that their better players can elevate their game in a way ours mostly didn't. However, most of their supporters have no idea what's coming and will be expecting Europe as a right and as soon as they experience the inevitable slump, Elland Road will go as quiet as a mouse again. If Bielsa can continue to quell that fear of failure and ridicule and keep the fan base positive they could do really well.

Or it could all fall apart like we did. Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

As someone familiar with the Leeds of the late 1960s and1970s I have quite a lot of time for the club and most of their supporters. They made up for being a little less talented than others by being generally organised and obnoxious, allowing their opponents to either lose their cool or their own organisation as a result. Their supporters thought they were all great footballers - some were (Giles, Clark, Lorimer), most weren't (Jones, Bremner, Hunter, Madeley) but they all bought into the siege mentality thing and have been living that particular dream ever since. Having spent some time there, it isn't just a football thing, it goes to the heart of their psyche and keeps their blood flowing. You could call it the ultimate inferiority complex.

Bielsa is different though. A man of principle, who believes in winning the right way. He won't let his players dive to win penalties or feign injury like every other EPL team will. Most of their supporters haven't quite made that evolution yet - hence this delusional article, which seeks to do what the Leeds of the 70s did. It's a shame the writer hasn't yet caught on but I find it very amusing when people fall into the trap rather than just laughing it off. Whether Leeds have enough quality to step up over the season is one of the most interesting things to watch for. 

Personally, I think they will be OK as they have strengthened in the right areas and have a realistic hope that their better players can elevate their game in a way ours mostly didn't. However, most of their supporters have no idea what's coming and will be expecting Europe as a right and as soon as they experience the inevitable slump, Elland Road will go as quiet as a mouse again. If Bielsa can continue to quell that fear of failure and ridicule and keep the fan base positive they could do really well.

Or it could all fall apart like we did. Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

Is this a Yorkshire thing in general? I’ve been to loads of Shed Seven gigs-they’re from York-and there was always a “Yorkshire” chant at some point of the evening. At one gig Rick Witter just said “This is London mate, I think you’re in the place” and it hasn’t happened since.

Nothing wrong with being proud of your team or where you come from, but don’t be boorish about it.

I know I'm not a typical Leeds fan so when I read the blog from roblufc I just laughed, there are though 0000's who actually believe that tripe and I guess they also blindly assume that now we're back in the PL success will follow when in reality it's going to be a struggle to stay there. The club have done their best to add quality to the team so it will be a test of Bielsa's coaching ability to see whether his non-stop pressing game will work at the highest level, my fear is though if it all goes 'pear shaped' he'll just walk away.  

They are a big club that have been out of the top flight for many many years now. They lost their position as a leading club in England by financial mismanagement. Personally i do not begrudge them a place in the top flight with their following and history, i cannot comment upon their source of finances, that will be critical as to how this goes. having been away from the big time for so long i can fully understand the desire to try and stay there. It will be hard, it can be done the wisdom of the investment will totally be decided by the outcome

I understand Leeds fans wanting to be optimistic they are a big club with a big history and at long last they are sitting at the top table again. Is spending big the answer? I believe spending big in the past put the club in the wilderness for 16 years

16 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

Why do a Leeds fans seem to have the biggest inferiority complex out of all fans in this country

Because  they know , deep down, that they ARE inferior  to the clubs they wish they were among , yet outwardly would say they belong with. ... you know, the  really big clubs  , the Liverpools, the man utds. In reality, they're below Newcastle  and Everton nowadays.  

18 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Because  they know , deep down, that they ARE inferior  to the clubs they wish they were among , yet outwardly would say they belong with. ... you know, the  really big clubs  , the Liverpools, the man utds. In reality, they're below Newcastle  and Everton nowadays.  

Their massively below those clubs imo. You’ll find Leeds fans on other clubs forums up and down the country telling everyone how much of a big club they are. I don’t comprehend why they care so much about how they’re perceived by fans of other clubs.

I guess a generation of Leeds fans have only ever seen their team playing in the 3rd/2nd tier of English football. Whilst being repeatedly told by the older generation, who are desperate to cling onto their glory days, that they’re one of biggest clubs in the country... which they ain’t.

Many Leeds fans tend to share the same viewpoint as Ipswich fans, by relying on their past glories to convince themselves that they are not only still relevant in modern football, but just as big a club as the likes of Man Utd and Liverpool despite all the evidence to the contrary.

It's happened to numerous clubs over the years with teams like Preston once being big names and since descending to lower levels and never reclaiming their former glory.

You can't spend over 15 years out of the top flight and still claim to be as big as the clubs that have remained in the PL throughout AND who also have impressive history, it just doesn't equate.

Leeds fell from grace due to horrific financial mismanagement, they've spent a long time recovering from that fall and have finally made it back to the top level, that's all understandable and I can totally appreciate their fans being ecstatic that they are in the top division once again, but you can't simply pretend the intervening years didn't happen, nor that those years didn't have an impact on their global perception, and that they are simply not as big as they used to be.

IF they can maintain their position in the top flight for a number of years AND actually get some decent league finishes, then they will start to be in a position to make claims about their size and relative position in both English and International football, but until such point as they can consistently finish in the top half of the table (or even challenge for European places), they need to accept that they are a once big club who got smaller and are now working their way back, rather than claiming they've always been massive and that the last decade and a half was some sort of alternative universe where the mighty Leeds somehow became bang average at best, and pretty poor at worst...

On 30/08/2020 at 06:51, Fuzzar said:

Just as long as you're man enough to pop back if things don't pan out as you think.... 

Bump.

Lets make it fun, I will be back after each game.

First game, and a loss, an expected loss, but in typical Bielsa style - glorious.

More than proud with that display.

Don't forget.......... Leeds are going down without doubt.

8 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Bump.

Lets make it fun, I will be back after each game.

First game, and a loss, an expected loss, but in typical Bielsa style - glorious.

More than proud with that display.

Don't forget.......... Leeds are going down without doubt.

I was amused at how tinpot you really have become, celebrating a loss playing the big boys. You claim to be some huge club, but do you think Man Utd fans would celebrate losing 4-3 at Anfield? 

Embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

I was amused at how tinpot you really have become, celebrating a loss playing the big boys. You claim to be some huge club, but do you think Man Utd fans would celebrate losing 4-3 at Anfield? 

Embarrassing. 

Who's celebrating?

If you're going to play arguably the best team on the planet, then you're obviously going to go into the game as an underdog?

I thought we were magnificent, you sound a bit bitter with your "embarrassing" comment?

See you after the next game, and don't forget.................... Leeds are going down without a doubt.

8 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Who's celebrating?

If you're going to play arguably the best team on the planet, then you're obviously going to go into the game as an underdog?

I thought we were magnificent, you sound a bit bitter with your "embarrassing" comment?

See you after the next game, and don't forget.................... Leeds are going down without a doubt.

You weren’t playing the best team on the planet.

They were playing Huddersfield 👍

Edited by Alex Moss

Fair play to Leeds, they gave it a go and arguably deserved a point.

Its what we did at the start of last season.

Problem will be if they keep losing and confidence starts to go.

Bamford is not a Premier League striker.

9 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Who's celebrating?

Btw, there is nothing ‘magnificent’ about conceding 4 goals, what on earth makes you think that? Trust me, we should know (or used to). Personally I think the mask has slipped because like I say, if you really believed all this big club nonsense you would not be celebrating a 4-3 loss. That’s what supporters of the smaller clubs do when they push one of the big boys in the FA Cup or something. You need to start walking the walk - if I was a Leeds supporter I’d be angry we lost 4-3. But fair play on your plucky loss big boy 👍

Some of their fans are truly delusional. The jewel in the EFL crown? Everyone’s cup final? They haven’t forgiven us giving them a football masterclass at Elland Road on nationwide TV when we were last inthe Championship. I don’t know about turds on the dressing room floor, we made them look like turds on the pitch. 🙂

FWIW I thought Leeds were really good yesterday. Creative and clinical with a sustained energy and never say die attitude. 

The worry is obviously defensively and in particular, set pieces. Sort that out and they’ll comfortably finish mid table. The other slight concern was that the goals they scored were some great control and sublime finishing - will they be that clinical every week? I don’t think Bamford is good enough for the PL and was lucky VVD gifted him a goal. Need a poacher to convert the chances that will come their way with the attacking build up play they are more than capable of producing consistently.

Early days (and we were also predicted to stay up after beating Man City and other early performances) but good signs for Leeds fans.

8 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Btw, there is nothing ‘magnificent’ about conceding 4 goals, what on earth makes you think that? Trust me, we should know (or used to). Personally I think the mask has slipped because like I say, if you really believed all this big club nonsense you would not be celebrating a 4-3 loss. That’s what supporters of the smaller clubs do when they push one of the big boys in the FA Cup or something. You need to start walking the walk - if I was a Leeds supporter I’d be angry we lost 4-3. But fair play on your plucky loss big boy 👍

Full of optimism after that performance, like I say we rightly went into the game as underdogs and came out of it with plenty of positives (but no points).

Nobody is "celebrating" losing a game, but it was a pretty good performance considering the opposition.

Every media pundit is lauding Leeds and I think you may be a bit jealous of the attention............ I mean Norwich hardly got this attention did they? then again........ you're Norwich, you hardly get the pulse racing do you.

See you soon. X

1 hour ago, Lowfields1919 said:

lets make it fun, I will be back after each game.

**** me, how pathetic are you?

Your club's first game back in the premier league, putting up an admirable display against the champions of England and what are you doing? You're on another club's forum (who aren't even a rival!) arguing on the internet with people you're never going to meet.

You really are the man, aren't you?

That's why Leeds United are universally disliked. You've got great players, in a great stadium managed by a truly special manager - but you and a small portion of other Leeds fans are utter, utter knobjockies.

Don't come back. Don't be that **** trying to act like Billy Big **** for no reason whatsoever. Go and enjoy the success your team is having. It might last. It might not.

Edited by Terminally Yellow

Really good game and fair play to Leeds, they gave it a good go and looked dangerous. The problem they have is that was like watching us at the beginning of last season. And like us if they get injuries as we did they will get torn apart with that type of football

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

**** me, how pathetic are you?

Your club's first game back in the premier league, putting up an admirable display against the champions of England and what are you doing? You're on another club's forum (who aren't even a rival!) arguing on the internet with people you're never going to meet.

You really are the man, aren't you?

That's why Leeds United are universally disliked. You've got great players, in a great stadium managed by a truly special manager - but you and other Leeds fans are utter, utter knobjockies.

Don't come back. Don't be that **** trying to act like Billy Big **** for no reason whatsoever. Go and enjoy the success your team is having. It might last. It might not.

It was a challenge.

Im up for the challenge.

First game and a loss, here I am.

See you after the next game, because................ Leeds are going down without a doubt. (according to your enlightened support) X

1 minute ago, Lowfields1919 said:

It was a challenge.

Im up for the challenge.

First game and a loss, here I am.

See you after the next game, because................ Leeds are going down without a doubt. (according to your enlightened support) X

Further proof what an absolute **** you are.

7 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Some of their fans are truly delusional. The jewel in the EFL crown? Everyone’s cup final? They haven’t forgiven us giving them a football masterclass at Elland Road on nationwide TV when we were last inthe Championship. I don’t know about turds on the dressing room floor, we made them look like turds on the pitch. 🙂

Could you remind me of the result at Carrow Road, or are we erasing that one from history?