13 hours ago, Mullet said:

There is no way cancelling the season with only 8 games left was a fair option they either had to play it out eventually as they did or take an average points per game. Obviously some people selfishly would have liked a null and void I think Karen Brady was one but I think the majority could see the craziness of it even us Norwich fans but you'll always get the odd selfish view.

You need to read back on that one, it had plenty of support on here. Common sense and fairness thankfully prevailed in the end. 

Null and void was never really a serious option although some on here were attempting to justify it to save us. As for Leeds, they may be fortunate to have, in West Brom and Fulham, two absolute certainties to go down. I doubt either of those will reach 25 points. So it's really just a question of finding one other team worse than them. You can usually rely on a West Ham or a Newcastle to implode a little but Brighton and Palace already look way too good to be down there. Villa might still have problems - they're a very fragile team despite the money spent and Burnley could struggle if injuries continue to hit them. Not convinced that Sheffield Utd won't get found out this season either, so there's definitely hope for Leeds.

As we saw last season with Southampton and Newcastle a solid EPL team has the means to put results together when necessary. We didn't have that, and I suspect Leeds won't have it either. They need to keep their good start going - the next 5-6 games are critical for how their season goes; if they go to the bottom 3 I don't see them getting out. But it is funny that some pundits are saying they'll finish top half and will comfortably stay up on the back of 7 goals conceded in 2 games.

On 30/08/2020 at 01:24, crab man said:

Leeds will go back down without doubt, their squad isnt any stronger than ours when we went up.

Can't wait to watch them sink again. 27 mill on a nearly 30 yr old spanish striker 😂

Bump.

Great 3 points today in a tight Yorkshire derby.

Dominated possession, had the more shots on target, but the game could of gone either way tbh, but Leeds always go to the end.

6 points from 9 is a good start on our crusade to avoid the "inevitable" relegation according to some experts on here.

Man City up next, a game we will not be expected to get anything from, a point would be brilliant, so good to get some points in the bag early.

On 20/09/2020 at 08:46, kick it off said:

😂😂😂

You let in 3 against one of the worst teams in the league and Pukki had 4 goals after 2 Prem games.

Bamford won't get double figures.

If anything, yesterday strengthened my thoughts that Leeds will be extremely lucky to stay up.

You absolutely sure about this?, that's 3 in 3 for Lady Diana.

Der der der der......... Patrick Bamford.

Just now, Lowfields1919 said:

You absolutely sure about this?, that's 3 in 3 for Lady Diana.

Der der der der......... Patrick Bamford.

Pukki had 4 in 2. Got 11 all season. It won't last. Gail has always been ****e.

On 20/09/2020 at 10:30, Alex Moss said:

Averaging 3.5 goals conceded per match.

This really isn’t going to end well and I’m delighted 😃

Hows it going to end then?

Lovely clean sheet today, Koch was excellent at the back, as was the young keeper.

Always going to take time to gel, we've got Llorente in now too, so some competition at last for the centre back position.

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

Pukki had 4 in 2. Got 11 all season. It won't last. Gail has always been ****e.

Thanks for the ammo again.  😆

Im glad you think Gail has always been ****e, stupid old Bielsa eh, I don't know what the bloke sees in him. 

😚

2 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Thanks for the ammo again.  😆

Im glad you think Gail has always been ****e, stupid old Bielsa eh, I don't know what the bloke sees in him. 

😚

God youre boring.

3 hours ago, Lowfields1919 said:

You obviously do. 😂

I was one who said Bamford was sh1t.  I don't know whats happened to him surely it can't last, form is temporary class is permanent.

I'm scratching my head, If he carries on scoring i'll eat my words.

Doubt you'll get too much reaction on here anymore we've got our own problems to worry about

40 minutes ago, Mullet said:

I was one who said Bamford was sh1t.  I don't know whats happened to him surely it can't last, form is temporary class is permanent.

I'm scratching my head, If he carries on scoring i'll eat my words.

Doubt you'll get too much reaction on here anymore we've got our own problems to worry about

He is being coached properly.

17 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

He is being coached properly.

So Lowfields what's your take on Cantwell? Heading to Leeds or just a figment of his imagination? Seems most NCFC fans think he's out of order with his attitude.

Good start by Leeds by the way.

18 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

So Lowfields what's your take on Cantwell? Heading to Leeds or just a figment of his imagination? Seems most NCFC fans think he's out of order with his attitude.

Good start by Leeds by the way.

Yeah, seen the rumours.

He has split opinions already, mainly due to his "attitude", some see him as a bit of a to55er, the clips I've seen of him seem to back that up.

I don't think its going to happen though, as its just broken that we have signed Michael Cuisance from Bayern Munich for 20mill, which is an unbelievable signing, absolute wonder kid.

1 minute ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Yeah, seen the rumours.

He has split opinions already, mainly due to his "attitude", some see him as a bit of a to55er, the clips I've seen of him seem to back that up.

I don't think its going to happen though, as its just broken that we have signed Michael Cuisance from Bayern Munich for 20mill, which is an unbelievable signing, absolute wonder kid.

Think his attitude since he was linked to you has backed those opinions of him up, he’s really let himself down there. We’ve got Max Aaron’s heavily linked with the likes of Barcelona and Bayern Munich still giving his all for the club and Cantwell’s toys are out of the pram through a link to Leeds ( no offence but you get the point )

There does seem to be some weight in today´s French & German press behind the story that Cuisance has now agreed terms for joining Leeds.

Bit of a surprise, given that he was lined up for more integration into the Bayern first team this year, and looks like they could have used him after their nasty 1-4 reverse in Hoffenheim at the weekend...

However, the issue here is where that leaves Cantwell. It would be a real shame if he & Buendia did in fact go, because I feel sure that if Farke could somehow pull this all back together, the Canaries with a settled side would easily be in with a shout of top 6 this season, looking at the level of competition they currently face.

Anyway - ftr - first post here, and I came across this forum searching for what became of the old Pink ´Un, and was glad to see that it still exists in one form or another (immediately removed adblocker, btw, to help support its necessary advertising income). I´m no longer in the UK, but still like to follow the fortunes of both ITFC (I have to admit!) and NCFC.

Good luck to City for 2020 / 21 - hope the crowds can soon return to CR, and before a few posters on here start feeling depressed about promotion chances, the season is barely underway for goodness sake. Let´s not forget how the table stood after 3 games in 2 years ago, and look how that eventually turned out!

Cheers everyone.

Edited by Ellis XI
  • Like 1

On 21/09/2020 at 03:55, Surfer said:

Deface is key in the EPL and after two games Fulham have conceded 7, Leeds 7, WBA 8. That is why they will all be in the bottom three at the end of the season. You can play as as pretty as you like but you can’t give up more than 3 goals per game and expect to stay up in any division. 

Koch has to gel with the team as well as Rodrigo. Leeds have since bought Diego Llorente from Real Socieded. You can't expect a great understanding in partnership after two games and I doubt if we had the White/Cooper partnership this would've happened. Having said that they are seeing signs that Koch is better than White, he was also in a pundits team of the week after the Sheffield game. Early days. 

Edited by Rob Whites

3 hours ago, Foxy2600 said:

They just bought a Bayern U21 midfielder - BBC I know but probably true.....

Cuisance as I mentioned a few posts back, its done apparently.

Regarding Cantwell, I have it on very good authority that he isn't coming to Leeds, its not happening, you can hold me to this.

Can’t deny Leeds have started well and in fairness Lowfields deserves his opportunity to gloat, we have given Leeds fans plenty down the years and if we give it we will have to take it on the chin. 

I thought Leeds got the type of win we struggled to get last year, we dominated sheff Utd and lost 2-1 because we couldn’t defend. They have a chance because West Brom and Fulham look shot already but the key will be that when the inevitable hammering from someone comes and the momentum stops can they still get the points. For all their poor spells West Ham, Newcastle etc seem to be able to find a way so Leeds will have to as well to stay up.

Good luck to them and hope they take Cantwell and we keep Buendia, I’m more worried about is getting some momentum ASAP so it doesn’t turn toxic as it usually does. We need to progress quickly 

17 minutes ago, Big O said:

Can’t deny Leeds have started well and in fairness Lowfields deserves his opportunity to gloat, we have given Leeds fans plenty down the years and if we give it we will have to take it on the chin. 

I thought Leeds got the type of win we struggled to get last year, we dominated sheff Utd and lost 2-1 because we couldn’t defend. They have a chance because West Brom and Fulham look shot already but the key will be that when the inevitable hammering from someone comes and the momentum stops can they still get the points. For all their poor spells West Ham, Newcastle etc seem to be able to find a way so Leeds will have to as well to stay up.

Good luck to them and hope they take Cantwell and we keep Buendia, I’m more worried about is getting some momentum ASAP so it doesn’t turn toxic as it usually does. We need to progress quickly 

Fair play mate.

But trust me, the club aren't going after Cantwell, it won't happen.

2 hours ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Regarding Cantwell, I have it on very good authority that he isn't coming to Leeds, its not happening, you can hold me to this.

Can you persuade whoever that is that they are making a big mistake and to take him off our hands 😁

7 hours ago, Rob Whites said:

Koch has to gel with the team as well as Rodrigo. Leeds have since bought Diego Llorente from Real Socieded. You can't expect a great understanding in partnership after two games and I doubt if we had the White/Cooper partnership this would've happened. Having said that they are seeing signs that Koch is better than White, he was also in a pundits team of the week after the Sheffield game. Early days. 

Fair dues, it was a major step forward to keep a clean sheet Saturday. We will obviously see how it goes from here, but WBA and Fulham shipped another 3 each.... and they said our defense was bad? ( it was, but there were reasons 🙂 ) 

On 30/09/2020 at 14:15, Lowfields1919 said:

Cuisance as I mentioned a few posts back, its done apparently.

Still so sure, Lowie? Now that Cuisance has failed a medical, and then this:

2 hours ago, Ellis XI said:

Still so sure, Lowie? Now that Cuisance has failed a medical, and then this:

Yep, still sure.

It appears Cuisance has failed his medical, so that's that.

The tweet above was yesterday, before he had failed the medical.

Its Cantwells agent who is pushing his name about and knocking on Leeds door, seems he is desperate to drum up interest so that he gets his slice.

8 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Yep, still sure.

It appears Cuisance has failed his medical, so that's that.

The tweet above was yesterday, before he had failed the medical.

Its Cantwells agent who is pushing his name about and knocking on Leeds door, seems he is desperate to drum up interest so that he gets his slice.

What about Buendia?

Just now, KiwiScot said:

What about Buendia?

His name won't go away.

Rather him than Cantwell.

Leeds will sign another 2 players before the deadline, it was obv going to be Cuisance +1.

Rodrigo de Paul from Udinese still in the mix, and he wants to come, just Udinese playing hardball over the price.

Theres also strong links for Gyrano Kerk from FC Utrecht.

Then you've got Buendia and Benrahma, who are obviously in the extended transfer window, so who knows...... if these foreign targets fall through, they could turn their sights to these.

Been wrong many times, but got it on good authority they are not going for Cantwell, but maybe things could change after this medical falling through, but I very much doubt it.