26 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Aye, every pundit and neutral who watched the game all said Leeds were outstanding.

Alex Moss on the Norwich forum says they were sh1te.

Alex is right, everyone else is wrong.

Dear me.

I'm calling it, Lowfields1919 is officially Billy Boy

Simple really had Liverpool defended against us the same last year we’d have scored three. The difference is Norwich will never be held in the same light by the media we were told that we defended naively and needed to learn, Leeds conceded the same but gave Liverpool as game, but I believe we actually created more chances when we played there last year.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Norwich fans are not interested in what Leeds fans think but are really shocker. 5 pages so far and it’s the hottest topic of the morning. 

Don’t give him more reason to gloat. It’s a bit different when it’s not a football debate but a sad man on a crusade to rub peoples’ noses in it after a... *checks notes*... loss on the opening day of the season.

I think a fan from any team trying to get a rise out of the posters would garner a similar response.

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

19 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I quite like Leeds and enjoyed what I saw of them yesterday

But I sure don’t like @Lowfields1919

Looks like you’ve had a massive rush of blood to the head with this gloating. There’s 37 games to go yet mate! Was your performance (not result) that much better than our opening season performance last year? 

We certainly created a hell of a lot more chances than you did, 3 shots on target, 3 goals. 2 half chances and a defensive error. Don’t get me wrong they were class goals, but I don’t think you’ll be able to continue converting goals at that rate for the season. Expected goals of 0.26 and 3 goals scored - I don’t think you can keep that up! 

Credit to your team if you stay up, it’ll be done the right way and you’ll win lots of neutral supporters in the process. What won’t help is your continuous and childish gloating to other fans who predicted a newly promoted side to be relegated (hardly outlandish).

So up to you, if you really want to spend your season of success on here, rather than just enjoying your own football, then I’ll have to say you are a bit of a loser, with some kind of complex.

I suspect if you turn out some bad performances you won’t be back to face the music - it’s easy to enjoy a loss when it’s a good performance and narrow / exciting defeat to Liverpool.

Good luck for the season, but have a think about the image you are creating of your club with these antagonistic and OTT posts. It isn’t a good one.

Think you may have to go back and read the thread as a whole if you want to see where the antagonistic and OTT posts are coming from.

2 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Don’t give him more reason to gloat. It’s a bit different when it’s not a football debate but a sad man on a crusade to rub peoples’ noses in it after a... *checks notes*... loss on the opening day of the season.

I think a fan from any team trying to get a rise out of the posters would garner a similar response.

I didn't create the thread.

I didn't state "Leeds were going down without a doubt".

I didn't challenge myself to come back here after a defeat.

Here we are.

2 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Here we are.

This is a Norwich messageboard, not Waccoe if you come on another teams board prepare yourself to find that fans of other clubs might not like your club or fans, it’s the same for all teams not just Leeds, if you get upset over it the simple solution is to not post on here anymore, just browse and permit yourself a wry private smile as you storm to the Champions League places at the expense of Manure.

• Like 1

It definitely depends what era you are from. I missed the “dirty Leeds” “everybody hates Leeds” era tbh so they aren’t on my hitlist. I actually hate Liverpool a lot more than Leeds for every obvious generic reason you can think of so I was kind of cheering them on.

24 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Norwich fans are not interested in what Leeds fans think but are really shocker. 5 pages so far and it’s the hottest topic of the morning. 

Clearly you're ignoring the small but relevant fact that most of the posts are in response to a Leeds fan posting on a Norwich messageboard.

Very tinpot small club mentality from massive Leeds 

2 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Here we are.

Okay then, whatever floats your boat. Yes you came back after a defeat, but it was good performance with lots of positives against the champions? I’d like to see you still come back after a prolonged period of disappointing performances and results. I doubt it after such OTT and odious levels of gloating after just one game...

This is a forum for NCFC fans, I imagine you could go to any other clubs’ forum and find similar predictions about your club or indeed any of the promoted clubs. I’m sure there are posts on the Leeds forum about us dropping like a stone now we’ve gone down again.

But who cares? Just you it would seem. I have absolutely no intention or desire to rub any fans’ predictions in it like a spoilt child. 

If you want to debate football seriously then go for it, FWIW I hope you guys stay up. But I’m not sure I’d still feel that way if you continue to gloat the entire season.

No doubt @Rob Whites will be over at some point to apologise on your behalf. 

2 hours ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Could you remind me of the result at Carrow Road, or are we erasing that one from history?

Yes we lost but ended up Champions. According to your enlightened support Your team were clearly the best in the chapionship and promotion was nailed on. Remind me how that one ended.

Leeds were magnificent under Revie and good under O'Leary. Fell on bad times after Ridsdale but are now back where they should be.

Followers of other EPL clubs I have spoken to welcome them.

But not their supporters. Dirty beggars who spit at you. If you want to throw a punch and pretend you are hard then go ahead but spitting is the paedophilia of football supporting. It isn't acceptable.

A chip on both shoulders helps.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Leeds were magnificent under Revie and good under O'Leary. Fell on bad times after Ridsdale but are now back where they should be.

Followers of other EPL clubs I have spoken to welcome them.

But not their supporters. Dirty beggars who spit at you. If you want to throw a punch and pretend you are hard then go ahead but spitting is the paedophilia of football supporting. It isn't acceptable.

A chip on both shoulders helps.

Aye, of course they do, of course they do.

Keep spinning the stereotype narrative, repeat it enough times and it becomes true.

Things I like to do on a Sunday;

1. Relax 

2. Catch up with family and friends 

3. Watch the football, debate it on here

4. Go for a bike ride or run

5. Eat roast dinner 

197. Do some simple chores around the house

198. Wash my car

1561. Do some work to get ahead of the coming week 

1562. Spend the day in bed with a stinking hangover

54829. Trawl through prediction threads on a Leeds forum and gloat to all their fans after one game where we lost to the champions despite being fortunate enough to score 3 times.

56755. Attend a funeral of an extremely close relative.

56756. Burn in hell.

Things @Lowfields1919 likes to do on a Sunday...

• Haha 1

Just now, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Things I like to do on a Sunday;

1. Relax 

2. Catch up with family and friends 

3. Watch the football, debate it on here

4. Go for a bike ride or run

5. Eat roast dinner 

197. Do some simple chores around the house

198. Wash my car

1561. Do some work to get ahead of the coming week 

1562. Spend the day in bed with a stinking hangover

54829. Trawl through prediction threads on a Leeds forum and gloat to all their fans after one game where we lost to the champions despite being fortunate enough to score 3 times.

56755. Attend a funeral of an extremely close relative.

56756. Burn in hell.

Things @Lowfields1919 likes to do on a Sunday...

Lot of effort gone into this one.

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

From what I saw on MOTD Fulham are down. Looked like us after the restart last season.

Yep, I like Fulham, good club and ground, and their fans always seem a good grounded friendly bunch but unfortunately for them I think they’ll finish bottom. It’s very hard to make a case for them staying up even if it is only one game into the season, yesterday sort of played out how I guess most of us thought it would. West Brom and Leeds look in a better position to make a fist of it. I stand by exactly what I said about the time I saw of Leeds last night, they must have been exceptional throughout the rest of the game because they weren’t very good in the passage of play I saw at all. Liverpool of late don’t look as good as they did last season, despite the score line we gave them much more problems on the first day as the stats posted earlier prove. If Leeds make a few more signings then I might change my mind, but as it stands, I think they’re in for a rude awakening in a league that is far more unforgiving than the Championship. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Bookies were impressed with that performance, drifted from 7/2 to 4/1 to be relegated. Fill your boots time if you believe Leeds are going down. 

So they weren’t *that* impressed then - I was told the whole world was impressed with Leeds last night? Might see what happens after the Fulham game as I’d expect Leeds to get a narrow win against them.

Just now, Alex Moss said:

So they weren’t *that* impressed then - I was told the whole world was impressed with Leeds last night? Might see what happens after the Fulham game as I’d expect Leeds to get a narrow win against them.

Well they were actually, you would expect the odds to slightly shorten but they went the other way after a defeat. 

3 hours ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Well the challenge was laid down by one of your own.

Fun isn't it.

Some great quotes for ammo so far to be fair.

One game which you lost and suddenly you think you’re world beaters! There’s a long hard season still to play

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Leeds were magnificent under Revie

Really? I remember them from that time being the most arrogant, conceited, bullying, cheating and generally unpleasant club/team I've ever seen. They were a successful outfit up to a point, won a league and a cup or two, but their football was as cynical as it could get and ok, Leeds supporters will obviously think it was all wonderful, but I am sure the memories for one heck of a lot of people who remember that time is one of a tainted club that set itself apart from the rest of football and which tarnished it's achievements through a kind of arrogance that to a lot of people ruined their legacy. 

They had some good players and I can still remember the whole team without much difficulty which says something for their fame at the time as a team, but they often failed at the final hurdle, often finishing second or just missing out on the league, or finishing as runners up in several cup finals when they should have won more. A lot of people said at the time that missing out so many times was due to the lack of honesty and heart in that team.

What made it worse was the way the players reacted after Revie left and disgraced the Leeds name in the Charity Shield match against Liverpool and in the matches following. Ok they had Clough to deal with, but they responded to him with a visciousness on the pitch that was utterly disgraceful.

They were spoiled, mollycoddled, arrogant, conceited, playing for themselves not the fans, disrespectful to anyone that was not to do with Leeds......ok they won matches but they also won very few friends in the process. They created something and it achieved some success, but they were not (imo) magnificent.

2 hours ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Aye, of course they do, of course they do.

Keep spinning the stereotype narrative, repeat it enough times and it becomes true.

In denial are you? Don't tell me. Ask the rest of the world. Admire your team. Despise so many of your supporters.

4 hours ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Well the challenge was laid down by one of your own.

Fun isn't it.

Some great quotes for ammo so far to be fair.

1 season in 16 in the Premier league and you choose to spend your time gloating on a forum of a club 200 miles from you. Literally one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard, but whatever turns you on 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Really? I remember them from that time being the most arrogant, conceited, bullying, cheating and generally unpleasant club/team I've ever seen. They were a successful outfit up to a point, won a league and a cup or two, but their football was as cynical as it could get and ok, Leeds supporters will obviously think it was all wonderful, but I am sure the memories for one heck of a lot of people who remember that time is one of a tainted club that set itself apart from the rest of football and which tarnished it's achievements through a kind of arrogance that to a lot of people ruined their legacy. 

They had some good players and I can still remember the whole team without much difficulty which says something for their fame at the time as a team, but they often failed at the final hurdle, often finishing second or just missing out on the league, or finishing as runners up in several cup finals when they should have won more. A lot of people said at the time that missing out so many times was due to the lack of honesty and heart in that team.

What made it worse was the way the players reacted after Revie left and disgraced the Leeds name in the Charity Shield match against Liverpool and in the matches following. Ok they had Clough to deal with, but they responded to him with a visciousness on the pitch that was utterly disgraceful.

They were spoiled, mollycoddled, arrogant, conceited, playing for themselves not the fans, disrespectful to anyone that was not to do with Leeds......ok they won matches but they also won very few friends in the process. They created something and it achieved some success, but they were not (imo) magnificent.

What about the sock tassels and arm up turnaround pre kick off? That was funny. 

17 minutes ago, Michael Wynless Jones said:

1 season in 16 in the Premier league and you choose to spend your time gloating on a forum of a club 200 miles from you. Literally one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard, but whatever turns you on 🤷‍♂️

Just let the fella post. He obviously is upset enough to do so. And feels better (I hope) when he does. He gets feedback that will feed the need to feel better too.

If he comes back after every game, he will have had some of the week thinking about it, there gnawing away somewhere in the back of his mind. Otherwise, life would be too compelling to bother with f***ing idiot Norwich fans.

It's important for him to get it off his chest.

But there's better things to get on with life I would suggest. Why waste one's time on a few folk here! 

On a personal note to you...good luck to your team Lowfields1919. Good team, great manager. Won't be easy but you ought to make a better fist of it than we managed? The EPL love you too. Hope this genuine note of positivity makes you happier. Stay safe too.

Zero people liked that Revie team... Clough was right... This team I have no interest in at all. Interested where the manager will go next but that's about it...

Best not to get carried away after one game - whether it was a positive of negative experience. The real test for Leeds will come with a few trips to London - they haven't done well there at all in recent seasons. Next up they have Fulham(h), Sheff Utd(a) Man City(h). They could be just like us after four or five games, looking very good maybe a bit unlucky and then the bully boys get to work on you.

My main thought from yesterday  was ... if only Stiepermann had buried one of his two chances in the first 15 min v Liverpool.....

6 hours ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Every media pundit is lauding Leeds

You weren’t in the room when Souness gave his opinion were you ?