31 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

It's been four seasons since the transformation began Nigel and the last three have been hugely successful given the **** that went before. I'd say that getting Bielsa in has been as influential to the success at Leeds as appointing Webber and Farke at City.

I'll take your word for it because I don't follow Leeds. To me you're are having a season in the sun like Sheffield Utd last season. Maybe you'll last longer than them. Are you confident you are or will be established? Or do you think you'll be relegated in the next few seasons. 

We had a great transformation with Bowkett and McNally that took us to three PL seasons. We've had another with Webber and Farke which has led us to two championships which is all going to plan.

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

It baffles me why so many don't defend the running of the club, in all honesty.

Hes still not said what ambition is. I guess it's throwing money around. But only if it works. If it works its ambitious. If it doesn't its a calamity.

I actually think trying to achieve what we are in modern football with our self sustaining model is far more ambitious than throwing 100m at some players, crossing your fingers and sacking a manager every season or two.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Hes still not said what ambition is. I guess it's throwing money around. But only if it works. If it works its ambitious. If it doesn't its a calamity.

I actually think trying to achieve what we are in modern football with our self sustaining model is far more ambitious than throwing 100m at some players, crossing your fingers and sacking a manager every season or two.

Wise words. 

10 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I'll take your word for it because I don't follow Leeds. To me you're are having a season in the sun like Sheffield Utd last season. Maybe you'll last longer than them. Are you confident you are or will be established? Or do you think you'll be relegated in the next few seasons. 

We had a great transformation with Bowkett and McNally that took us to three PL seasons. We've had another with Webber and Farke which has led us to two championships which is all going to plan.

The wheels started to fall off the Sheff Utd bandwagon after the re-start last season when they only won three out of nine and over the summer the players brought in were just not PL standard, it's therefore not hard to see now why they've failed. Whilst I can't see that happening at Leeds they are far from being an established PL club which takes several seasons, my worry would be who replaces Bielsa as his style is unique but very demanding and anyone coming in will undoubtedly want a complete change. On the plus side though some of the owners are in it for the long haul and have the money to keep investing so the future is very bright.  

On 21/05/2021 at 20:10, nutty nigel said:

Well if we say we are confident then it looks cocky and probably a typical "stereotypical" response from a Leeds fan point of view, however many pundits have said that Leeds will kick on next season. Bielsa is as good as staying another season and many didn't even think he would have signed another contract 2 years ago when they failed to go up so personally and without sounding cocky I just think that Leeds will not suffer a second season syndrome. Whether they do as well as this season remains to be seen. 

Fair play to Leeds this season, been excellent. Hoping we can do what you did and target a mid-table finish while still being good to watch.

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Fair play to Leeds this season, been excellent. Hoping we can do what you did and target a mid-table finish while still being good to watch.

Exactly, i agree. i don't get why so many of our fans seem to hate Leeds so much. We had a little mini rivalry with them the season before the last and back in L1. That rivalry caused some great games and both sides pushed each other on to try to be better. I get that some of their fans are kn0bh3ads, but so are some of ours and every other club out there.

For me there are plenty of other much more offensive clubs out there to hate, your ultra wealthy boutique small London clubs that have nothing about them except the wealth of their owners for one. Or clubs that play horrible football and basically sh!th0use their way to results like Bournemouth and Burnley or if you want arrogant, jumped up fans try popping over to the Brighton forum for a laugh. How about the club that basically kick-started all the trends that have ruined modern football? Chelsea, plenty to hate there as well.

Leeds? Not to much for me. Don't get me wrong I don't particularly like them either, I just feel complete indifference and I can't understand why some of our fans seem so upset by them. If anything they should hate us more for nicking all their best players when they were sh!1

• Like 1

Yep,  Leeds are just another  team, having  said that they are one of the most entertaining to watch since Bielsa arrived and made his mark.  I do wonder though, are they creating a 'Leeds identity ' or a ' Bielsa identity....if it's  the former,  then good work leeds, if it's the latter, then they'll have to tear it up and start again when he leaves.... I know what Norwich  are doing, can't say I know too much about Leeds long term plan....do they have one? Would be rather daft  not to, after it taking them so long to get back up. Anyway  best of luck to them except against us, but especially  against  our immediate  rivals.

The Warehouse was  fun back in 1980 ish.... Good Times. 

55 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Exactly, i agree. i don't get why so many of our fans seem to hate Leeds so much. We had a little mini rivalry with them the season before the last and back in L1. That rivalry caused some great games and both sides pushed each other on to try to be better. I get that some of their fans are kn0bh3ads, but so are some of ours and every other club out there.

For me there are plenty of other much more offensive clubs out there to hate, your ultra wealthy boutique small London clubs that have nothing about them except the wealth of their owners for one. Or clubs that play horrible football and basically sh!th0use their way to results like Bournemouth and Burnley or if you want arrogant, jumped up fans try popping over to the Brighton forum for a laugh. How about the club that basically kick-started all the trends that have ruined modern football? Chelsea, plenty to hate there as well.

Leeds? Not to much for me. Don't get me wrong I don't particularly like them either, I just feel complete indifference and I can't understand why some of our fans seem so upset by them. If anything they should hate us more for nicking all their best players when they were sh!1

I don't think it's a hate thing. I also don't see them as any sort of rival. It's just that all the time they're in our shadows their fans don't post on here. Then on the odd occasion they are above us they are here, often just talking amongst themselves, on our football forum.

Perhaps that's normal behaviour? I just don't get it...

2 hours ago, BigManInTheBarclay said:

Let's see if Leeds will ever match our highest finishing position in the Prem 😉

Already done - 99/00.

Question for you BMITB, who has played more games in the PL - Leeds or City?

On 26/05/2021 at 06:39, DraytonBoy said:

Already done - 99/00.

Question for you BMITB, who has played more games in the PL - Leeds or City?

In the last 16 years Norwich City for sure 😏