Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

Leeds gamble

Recommended Posts

Hope it doesn’t pay off would love to see them return to championship 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah leave Leeds be - next year let’s see Crystal Palace, Brighton and West Ham come down, with us, Forest and Stoke going up - then we can have a proper EPL season. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean, Villa spent over 100m and managed to stay up by.. what was it, 2 points?

By virtue of a dodgy goal-line tech computer.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a fan of the fake selling of stadiuns, so would like villa to get relegated. 

Not a fan of Leeds and would like them back down too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Leeds will go back down without doubt, their squad isnt any stronger than ours when we went up.

Can't wait to watch them sink again. 27 mill on a nearly 30 yr old spanish striker 😂

Edited by crab man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, crab man said:

Leeds will go back down without doubt, their squad isnt any stronger than ours when we went up.

Can't wait to watch them sink again. 27 mill on a nearly 30 yr old spanish striker 😂

The absolute state of this.

You know absolutely nothing, totally ignorant.

I will take any bet you like that Leeds will not "go back down without doubt".

Better and twisted fool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mr footy said:

They have taken a gamble spending to keep in prem.crazy.

Yeah absolutely crazy.......... fancy spending some of the lucrative TV money on players to improve the squad and take it to the next level, whilst keeping yourself well within the financial constraints of your income streams.............. absolutely CRAZY stuff!!!!!!!!

 

What would you recommend? maybe pocketing the TV money and not spending any of it on improving the squad to give yourself a fighting chance? How did that model go for Norwich City last season?

 

Leeds are a very, very well run club at present and are at last going in the right direction, with an ambitious owner, world class renowned coach, and an improving squad with some brilliant youth signings for the future.

 

Take that chip off your shoulder, and stop talking nonsense.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Yeah absolutely crazy.......... fancy spending some of the lucrative TV money on players to improve the squad and take it to the next level, whilst keeping yourself well within the financial constraints of your income streams.............. absolutely CRAZY stuff!!!!!!!!

 

What would you recommend? maybe pocketing the TV money and not spending any of it on improving the squad to give yourself a fighting chance? How did that model go for Norwich City last season?

 

Leeds are a very, very well run club at present and are at last going in the right direction, with an ambitious owner, world class renowned coach, and an improving squad with some brilliant youth signings for the future.

 

Take that chip off your shoulder, and stop talking nonsense.

 

Why are you hanging around on a Norwich forum?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Why are you hanging around on a Norwich forum?

I thought I would pop back in here and have a nosey as my spider senses were tingling, and the spider senses were right........ a Leeds thread, full of BS as per usual.

Crazy Leeds, buying some players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lowfields1919 said:

I thought I would pop back in here and have a nosey as my spider senses were tingling, and the spider senses were right........ a Leeds thread, full of BS as per usual.

Crazy Leeds, buying some players.

You “pop back” awfully quick! Just learn from how poor we were last season and you’ll be ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

You “pop back” awfully quick! Just learn from how poor we were last season and you’ll be ok.

I'm very confident we will be ok.

It will be good to "pop back" to this thread again during the coming season.

Because like the enlightened guy says - "Leeds are going down without doubt".

Lets see eh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

I'm very confident we will be ok.

It will be good to "pop back" to this thread again during the coming season.

Because like the enlightened guy says - "Leeds are going down without doubt".

Lets see eh.

We were confident too.

It’s not as easy as you think.

A couple of heavy defeats and a lot of injuries and it becomes a struggle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

We were confident too.

It’s not as easy as you think.

A couple of heavy defeats and a lot of injuries and it becomes a struggle.

You didn't invest in your squad and improve it.

I know its not easy, infact quite the opposite.

But we are in very safe hands these days, on and off the pitch, and I am very confident we will be fine.

We made an outstanding signing yesterday - Robin Koch for £13 million, an absolute steal, 24 year old German centre back, 3 years Bundesliga experience and full international for one of the best international teams on the planet.

A player Bielsa requested.

Lets see how we do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

I'm very confident we will be ok.

It will be good to "pop back" to this thread again during the coming season.

Because like the enlightened guy says - "Leeds are going down without doubt".

Lets see eh.

Just as long as you're man enough to pop back if things don't pan out as you think.... 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think people are looking solely at Rodrigo and his price tag when actually he's one of several players they've brought in whilst at the same time giving long term contracts to the youngsters they want to keep. I'd see it more of a gamble if the money was borrowed but Leeds are setup differently now and a bit like Norwich have planned for the future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My opinion - comparing the Leeds squad with the squad we had when we went up.

Both clubs - same "all out" attacking philosophy

Forwards & attacking midfielders - we had the better individual players

Defence - the Leeds defenders are just as wobbly as ours

Central holding midfielder - Tettey is probably better than anyone Leeds has

But I think Leeds with their strengthening will not only survive but challenge - reason BIELSA !

If Leeds hold on to him, their fans will sleep easy at nights. But the Leeds board must listen to him, if they decline a transfer suggestion - Bielsa may walk ! So they need to try to keep him happy, to do so they need deep pockets !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t understand this bitterness and wasted energy against other teams (excluding our nearest and dearest of course). I don’t particularly like Leeds or Villa or anyone else but if they do well then good for them, we have enough to concern ourselves with this season. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

My opinion - comparing the Leeds squad with the squad we had when we went up.

Both clubs - same "all out" attacking philosophy

Forwards & attacking midfielders - we had the better individual players

Defence - the Leeds defenders are just as wobbly as ours

Central holding midfielder - Tettey is probably better than anyone Leeds has

But I think Leeds with their strengthening will not only survive but challenge - reason BIELSA !

If Leeds hold on to him, their fans will sleep easy at nights. But the Leeds board must listen to him, if they decline a transfer suggestion - Bielsa may walk ! So they need to try to keep him happy, to do so they need deep pockets !

I love tettey but Phillips is much better. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lowfields1919 said:

You didn't invest in your squad and improve it.

I know its not easy, infact quite the opposite.

But we are in very safe hands these days, on and off the pitch, and I am very confident we will be fine.

We made an outstanding signing yesterday - Robin Koch for £13 million, an absolute steal, 24 year old German centre back, 3 years Bundesliga experience and full international for one of the best international teams on the planet.

A player Bielsa requested.

Lets see how we do.

I know what we did in the premiership, it was such a cheap way of doing things. 
 

hope he works out for you. Generally not bothered if you stay up or not. 
 

Bielsa isn’t a football god, just because he requested him, doesn’t mean it’s the best signing ever. I look forward to seeing how he gets on and I’d sooner see Villa go down, than yourselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lowfields1919 said:

I thought I would pop back in here and have a nosey as my spider senses were tingling, and the spider senses were right........ a Leeds thread, full of BS as per usual.

Crazy Leeds, buying some players.

Or more like we live rent free in your head.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair to Leeds, Koch is an outstanding signing for them, Gelhardt similarly but probably more one for the future. No idea if Harrison can step up, not seen enough of him.

Rodrigo is a joke at that price. I don't think they even wanted to sign Helder Costa did they? The others are no marks/kids so hard to say one way or the other. Know nothing about Allen but it's fair to say the step from the Irish league to Prem is HUGE and Drameh appears to be signed for the youth squad.

I think they'll be similar to us last season - they'll be better than us defensively, but inability to score goals will kill them.

I'd be terrified going into a season with Rodrigo and Bamford as the top two strikers on the books. If I was a Leeds fan, that is where my concern would be firmly placed right now.

Vlad is right by the way, Kalvin Phillips is a better footballer than Tettey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leeds are just adding a few players, maybe it works, maybe it doesn't.

 My personal opinion is that I thought we were going to rock the Prem off the back of how good we looked coming up- the reality turned out a lot harsher than that. Life is hard at the top for promoted sides and I think certain sections of Leeds fanbase will be a little disappointed when/if that becomes clear.

 Really though I'm only here to watch the ever-entertaining Lowfields. Pretty sure the OP is making a thinly-veiled stab at NCFC and their attitude towards spending last year, but sure, it's CRAZY!!!

Chip, meet shoulder.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kick it off said:

To be fair to Leeds, Koch is an outstanding signing for them, Gelhardt similarly but probably more one for the future. No idea if Harrison can step up, not seen enough of him.

Rodrigo is a joke at that price. I don't think they even wanted to sign Helder Costa did they? The others are no marks/kids so hard to say one way or the other. Know nothing about Allen but it's fair to say the step from the Irish league to Prem is HUGE and Drameh appears to be signed for the youth squad.

I think they'll be similar to us last season - they'll be better than us defensively, but inability to score goals will kill them.

I'd be terrified going into a season with Rodrigo and Bamford as the top two strikers on the books. If I was a Leeds fan, that is where my concern would be firmly placed right now.

Vlad is right by the way, Kalvin Phillips is a better footballer than Tettey.

Koch is indeed a good signing, but at the same time they have made some mistakes as you point out.

Rodrigo is of course a decent signing, not the best striker but good enough for a top 10 Prem team- But at the price they got him at they have been robbed, absoloute rip off Valencia laughing all the way to the bank.

 

And them not bothering to buy Ben White is a bit of a strange one, easily the best defender they have had in a long time and given they are splasing the cash you would thiink they wouldent mind coughing up for him.

 

..And while Kalvin Phillips is an alright player and clearly talented I would much rather see how he fares in the Prem before I start comparing him to other players

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, kick it off said:

To be fair to Leeds, Koch is an outstanding signing for them, Gelhardt similarly but probably more one for the future. No idea if Harrison can step up, not seen enough of him.

Koch is a great signing, exactly the sort of signing we should have made last season and still need this season.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the spending will work and they stay up this season but what about next season the one after, keep spending until in debt ,crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Koch is indeed a good signing, but at the same time they have made some mistakes as you point out.

Rodrigo is of course a decent signing, not the best striker but good enough for a top 10 Prem team- But at the price they got him at they have been robbed, absoloute rip off Valencia laughing all the way to the bank.

 

And them not bothering to buy Ben White is a bit of a strange one, easily the best defender they have had in a long time and given they are splasing the cash you would thiink they wouldent mind coughing up for him.

 

..And while Kalvin Phillips is an alright player and clearly talented I would much rather see how he fares in the Prem before I start comparing him to other players

 

Ben White was outstanding last year, played every minute of every game, arguably player of the season alongside Pablo and Dallas.

But Brighton are taking the p155 with their valuation of a player as of yet unproven in the Premiership, but that's up to them, he is their player, we move on and sign a full German international with better experience for far less than half of what Brighton want - smart business by any standard.

Rodrigo fits the Bielsa style perfectly, he isn't an out and out striker, he is an attacking forward who can play any role across the front line, Bielsa wants versatile players and he is perfect for this. (think Buendia but a level above, but chips in with goals)

As for "Valencia laughing all the way to the bank", this is the same player who this time last year had agreed a move to Athletico Madrid for 55 million, only for the deal to fall through at the very last minute.

What is the going rate for a full Spanish international nowadays anyway?

Valencia are having a fire sale, they are in complete financial meltdown, as most teams in Spain are at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mr footy said:

Maybe the spending will work and they stay up this season but what about next season the one after, keep spending until in debt ,crazy.

Pfft, everybody knows "Leeds are a massive club huge household name blah blah blah blah champions of Europe blah blah" so don't try bothering to explan reality and how it works to them

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...