Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Ah right, didn't realise that. Still had a fairly low key start to pre-season though.

I don;t see why the club can;t stream these friendlies so we have a better idea of what is going on. Given there are no friendlies that fans can attend and that they film them anyway it wouldn't take much for them to let us have a stream.

Yeah agreed, would be nice to see.

I don't know how many minutes Cantwell has had. 

20 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Ah right, didn't realise that. Still had a fairly low key start to pre-season though.

I don;t see why the club can;t stream these friendlies so we have a better idea of what is going on. Given there are no friendlies that fans can attend and that they film them anyway it wouldn't take much for them to let us have a stream.

Lewis has a knock and Aarons was unavailable for 'family reasons'. So I don't think there are any signals in team selections as to who may or may not be leaving.

I would imagine that the new signings are prioritised for gametime as they need to learn the tactics and Farke's style. Existing players will already be well versed in those aspects of the game. Also, players like Muamba and McCallum etc haven't played since March, so are in much greater need to getting some match fitness and sharpness. 

As for the streams, on previous Germany tours they have been provided by a third party company who give a slice of the advertising revenue to the clubs. With the regulations on who is allowed into the grounds that isn't possible this summer. However, I believe Dresden are planning on doing a stream on their page for that friendly.

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green
  • Thanks 1

Talks are Going on behind the scenes for 3 of our youngsters 

i am told to expect a bid before weekend for at least one 

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

I'm guessing it has to be Aarons and Lewis or they would be on the pre season tour. Wonder who the other is though? Godfrey perhaps but then we've signed attacking midfielders so you'd have to think Todd or Emi.

49 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

*** Sigh ***

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I'm guessing it has to be Aarons and Lewis or they would be on the pre season tour. Wonder who the other is though? Godfrey perhaps but then we've signed attacking midfielders so you'd have to think Todd or Emi.

My source did not give me names but from the info he gave me a month or so ago i would think it is lewis Arrons and Cantwell 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

My source did not give me names but from the info he gave me a month or so ago i would think it is lewis Arrons and Cantwell 

Can you see Buendia staying? It would be a heck of a coup by the team to keep him!

3 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Can you see Buendia staying? It would be a heck of a coup by the team to keep him!

i do Not think so but i have not heard anything just my opinion

55 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

If what your suggesting is the case, I wouldn't be too upset. Perhaps 50m for the three of them to safeguard the next season or two and justify the "system" for some more potential young talent to keep the conveyor rolling. We look to have the Lewis & Cantwell positions covered already. And with Byram, Mumba, Thomas (loan?) and even Rupp, one could argue that RB may also be covered. Hold on to Godfrey for CB and probably our most important attacking outlet in Buendia and losing those three might not be too detrimental for this level. 

If we have solved the central/defensive midfield issues with Tettey, McLean, Sorensen, Skipp, Rupp & Vrancic and if we have a bit more luck in the CB position (at least one 'big' signing needed here), we might just be in for an interesting season! Oh the naivety of pre-season optimism!

If the three named were sold and we were able to keep Buendia & Godfrey Id be reasonably satisfied with that considering the recruitment so far. Of course you’d want to keep all five but that was never realistic. 

45 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

If what your suggesting is the case, I wouldn't be too upset. Perhaps 50m for the three of them to safeguard the next season or two and justify the "system" for some more potential young talent to keep the conveyor rolling. We look to have the Lewis & Cantwell positions covered already. And with Byram, Mumba, Thomas (loan?) and even Rupp, one could argue that RB may also be covered. Hold on to Godfrey for CB and probably our most important attacking outlet in Buendia and losing those three might not be too detrimental for this level. 

If we have solved the central/defensive midfield issues with Tettey, McLean, Sorensen, Skipp, Rupp & Vrancic and if we have a bit more luck in the CB position (at least one 'big' signing needed here), we might just be in for an interesting season! Oh the naivety of pre-season optimism!

The thing with Transfers they change by the hour !

someone misses out on a player they then go for Buendia etc like Leeds not signing 

be interesting what starts to happen now some of the bigger clubs get their targets 

2 hours ago, sonyc said:

Except they are on the pre season tour. 

So what are you on about? 

20 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Except they are on the pre season tour. 

So what are you on about? 

Only that Aarons was still in the UK (personal reasons cited) as the squad  arrived in Germany and Lewis not involved in either two matches so far. So, I'm adding two and two. Might be wrong but it was not an unreasonable take. You perhaps think otherwise. Fair enough by me. We will see if it's the case if Max and Jamal start appearing in stories 

1 hour ago, paddycanary said:

Would go along with this. I will be chuffed to hold onto to Godfrey most of all. Think if Buendia stays with us for the Championship, he is a major bonus.

7 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Only that Aarons was still in the UK (personal reasons cited) as the squad  arrived in Germany and Lewis not involved in either two matches so far. So, I'm adding two and two. Might be wrong but it was not an unreasonable take. You perhaps think otherwise. Fair enough by me. We will see if it's the case if Max and Jamal start appearing in stories 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

That’s great news, chances are we might not sell, a number of reasons from no one meeting our valuation, players wanting to stay as exciting times ahead at a progressive club, they might see one season with promotion could see us a lot stronger next time round.

I am hopeful if we can off load the fringe players and maybe a Vrancic and McClean too we might just hold onto our better youngsters. Out of all of them Cantwell or Lewis might be the ones we wouldn’t actually miss too much.

4 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

This may or may not turn out to be the case but for me if the fees were to our satisfaction  their loss could be mitigated at championship level  and some of the money put to good use taking us forward on and off the pitch in very difficult times

8 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Messi has told Barca he wants to leave, we can fit in another midfielder right?! 

He's getting on a bit, not sure he'll be up to standard

23 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Messi has told Barca he wants to leave, we can fit in another midfielder right?! 

Really don’t want another journeyman topping up his pension with us! Don’t you learn from Niasmith?😉

Edited by Indy

26 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

He's getting on a bit, not sure he'll be up to standard

Yeah limited resale value too

1 hour ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Looks like Trybull's departure is going to be announced any time soon -

https://mobile.twitter.com/anitajbyrne/status/1298689107980214272

Thanks for this. I feel a bit sad for Tom Trybull. He often gave his best, seemed a very decent human being. Best game I saw him play was away at Leeds. Nice words from his wife too and I'm sure genuine. 

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

Certainly a few in that position I would have shipped out before Super Tommy Trybull but I do get it. Not quite robust/dynamic enough to be the sole DM and not quite creative enough to be the deep playmaker. Still a good age though, expect he'll have found a good club which I belive was a part of the reason he came here.

Edited by KeiranShikari