Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

I wonder how much our transfer situation is being limited by our bigger players having not attracted the interest we would have expected? 

Meanwhile, south of the border, our good friends have turned down £2m from Palace for someone called Downes who has now submitted a transfer request. All this on top of reports that the players all hate each other but they are united in their hatred of Lambert. And we're moaning that we haven't signed a centre half. 

You can still get 15/1 on Ipswich to be relegated which is quite generous bearing in mind they were two from bottom based on the last 23 games 

38 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Meanwhile, south of the border, our good friends have turned down £2m from Palace for someone called Downes who has now submitted a transfer request. All this on top of reports that the players all hate each other but they are united in their hatred of Lambert. And we're moaning that we haven't signed a centre half. 

You can still get 15/1 on Ipswich to be relegated which is quite generous bearing in mind they were two from bottom based on the last 23 games 

Decent odds, and how sweet would that pay out be?

https://www.twitter.com/MattWoosie/status/1300711929783242752?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1300711929783242752|twgr^&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.twtd.co.uk%2Fforum%2F485490%2Fpage%3A4%2F76

Not one to want us to buy Ipswich players.. but

the binners already crying about his loss. Young, english and clearly very talented. Think hes worth a punt?

37 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

https://www.twitter.com/MattWoosie/status/1300711929783242752?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1300711929783242752|twgr^&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.twtd.co.uk%2Fforum%2F485490%2Fpage%3A4%2F76

the binners already crying about his loss. Young, english and clearly very talented. Think hes worth a punt?

Think we have enough central midfielders. 

The article in the link says Palace only want him to bolster their development squad. Also, pretty funny as Downes did an interview less than a week ago say he is ‘hopefully’ still at Ipswich once the window closes. 

2 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

Limited? We've signed 10 players!

I meant in respect of the bid for Ben Gibson. I wonder whether we were expecting to have moved on certain players, undoubtedly freeing up resources which might have allowed us to make a permanent move for Gibson, rather than the loan move we want.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He's a good player but having seen him twice last season I have my doubts about him being Premier League standard. I'd rather have Skipp for one year than Downes for 3

23 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

He's a good player but having seen him twice last season I have my doubts about him being Premier League standard. I'd rather have Skipp for one year than Downes for 3

We are not in the prem though

According to the Pinkun podcast Isak Thorvaldsson had his loan cut short at St Mirren after a falling out with the manager when he wouldn't warm down with the rest of the players (he argued that he didn't need to because he hadn't played). Hence why he's on loan in Iceland.

11 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

According to the Pinkun podcast Isak Thorvaldsson had his loan cut short at St Mirren after a falling out with the manager when he wouldn't warm down with the rest of the players (he argued that he didn't need to because he hadn't played). Hence why he's on loan in Iceland.

The St Mirren manager has said it is due to Thorvaldsson wanting to be closer to his family in Iceland. The warm down thing sounds rather far fetched (Freezer even said so on the podcast), I guess if Isak had been starting at St Mirren he'd still be there, but probably didn't want to have another season of being on the subs bench.

It's a shame as he is a player who is really interesting and I was hoping would get regular football. Going to Iceland does seem a backwards step, but the league there finishes at the end of October I believe and he can hopefully find another club in a better league from January.

17 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

To be fair last season I thought the midfield was equally culpable as the  defenders. The amount of times McLean, Trybull, Leitner or Vrancic were out muscled, weak in the tackle and bypassed like a knife through butter was unreal. Add in the silly square passes etc and that’s where a good proportion of our goals came from. So to get back to transfers, I wouldn’t be too unhappy if we went with the CB’s we’ve got. If Godfrey goes then I’d dip into the transfer market at that point.  I’m not convinced with Gibson. I don’t see him being much better than Hanley and I certainly wouldn’t pay him £35k pw neither. 

To be fair, I don't think Leitner and Vrancic were outmuscled that many times last season, given that they barely were played!

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The St Mirren manager has said it is due to Thorvaldsson wanting to be closer to his family in Iceland. The warm down thing sounds rather far fetched (Freezer even said so on the podcast), I guess if Isak had been starting at St Mirren he'd still be there, but probably didn't want to have another season of being on the subs bench.

It's a shame as he is a player who is really interesting and I was hoping would get regular football. Going to Iceland does seem a backwards step, but the league there finishes at the end of October I believe and he can hopefully find another club in a better league from January.

If he wants to be closer to his family, what will he do if he makes it with us?

Another confusing day on the Ben Gibson saga  it seems, early in the day The72  said Sky Sports had said Boro had put in a bid for him, but mid afternoon the Teeside Gazette saying Boro had not made an offer but that City and Forest were interested in him. Wherever he eventually lands up at, i hope the lad gets some games under his belt, one appearance in 2 seasons is  a crazy state of affairs for a guy signed for 15 mill.

3 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Could be a Number of Reasons maybe a one of the Family is ill or something ? i do agree though if it is Not the case he has to start playing further away than iceland 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I saw some links, he is a back up option. They are chasing someone else, but feel his price is too high!

it seems a lot of our younger players were on Clubs Transfer lists but further down the list than we thought

Nobody has Really come in and Really wanted our youngsters and got into a bidding war  

i think it is more the case we will look around first and see what is on the Market then if we need to we Know Godfrey etc  is at Norwich for £20 mill

7 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

it seems a lot of our younger players were on Clubs Transfer lists but further down the list than we thought

Nobody has Really come in and Really wanted our youngsters and got into a bidding war  

i think it is more the case we will look around first and see what is on the Market then if we need to we Know Godfrey etc  is at Norwich for £20 mill

Could be agent talk. We have been the victim of it for years (on incomings). Maybe our players agents have cottoned on 😂

On 30/07/2020 at 07:44, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

All I could see were two dubious ‘ITK’ accounts mentioning it. 

Dickie has been heavily linked to Reading (he was in their academy and is a Reading fan) this summer. Reading are likely to sell Liam Moore this summer and will use the money to get Dickie.

Dickie had a great season in League One and can certainly handle the passing game Norwich play. Whether he’d be an improvement to the first team is a question mark though.

He's been signed by QPR.... he probably just wanted to play in blue and white hoops

Meanwhile Reading have replaced Mark Bowen with some 'foreign johnny' as manager

16 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Scott Pollock a rumour surfacing, assuming that would be development

A quick Google reveals three interesting facts:

1) He was League Two Apprentice of the Year this season
2) He started his career at Hashtag United, which I've only just found out is a thing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashtag_United_F.C.
3) He is a midfielder 😂

7 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

A quick Google reveals three interesting facts:

1) He was League Two Apprentice of the Year this season
2) He started his career at Hashtag United, which I've only just found out is a thing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashtag_United_F.C.
3) He is a midfielder 😂

Haha I know hashtag United, I play a lot of FIFA Ultimate team and have actually played one of the pro players (got hammered). 

you know we love a midfielder!!!

• Like 1

On 01/09/2020 at 09:24, TheGoogler said:

I wonder how much our transfer situation is being limited by our bigger players having not attracted the interest we would have expected? 

Lewis seems to be the only one attracting any interest. But as we don't have to sell this shouldn't be an issue... squad looks top heavy given Farkes stated preference for a smaller tight squad.

On 01/09/2020 at 11:35, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Think we have enough central midfielders. 

The article in the link says Palace only want him to bolster their development squad. Also, pretty funny as Downes did an interview less than a week ago say he is ‘hopefully’ still at Ipswich once the window closes. 

I don't know the details obviously but I would have thought that if he went to palace he could increase his wages by 5 or 10 times? I think that most of us might consider this a worthwhile incentive against charges of hypocrisy! 😄

On 01/09/2020 at 16:23, Dr Greenthumb said:

I would imagine he’s been with us since he was 15/16 ? I know he would get home every summer but perhaps he does just need some time closer to his family for a while. If he was on 5k a week he could bring them over here whenever he wanted but that’s obviously not the case. As someone else has said there could also be other reasons for him to go home for a while