Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

1 hour ago, duke63 said:

Reality bites once clubs actually get promoted.

Doesn't matter who it is or how big the club is, their is a realisation that hits that the expectation amongst the football world is that all newly promoted clubs will spend most of the season struggling and just hoping to stay up.

Fine if you are linked with younger players who have something to prove or older players who are in the twilight of their career but generally well established players don't want to move to those clubs.

Even Emi must look at it and i think, do i want another season of struggle and be back in the Championship next year or a decent season in the Champs and hopefully be back in the Prem next year?

I would imagine from a player's perspective, two consecutive struggling seasons in the Premier league is very hard to take.

I can’t see Emi wanting to go to a struggling/promoted club, I would only be concerned if a top half club came knocking.

20 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I can’t see Emi wanting to go to a struggling/promoted club, I would only be concerned if a top half club came knocking.

Lets be hones he will. He will be gone as soon as any has decent offer comes in to the board (which it will), who will accept it having spent the last few weeks 'getting the locals onside with a few signings first. Can't see him wanting to stay at a mid table champ level when the prospect if prem football and a decent salary will be open for him

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Possibly but a lot of overseas players would like the kudos of having played in the EPL regardless of if their team will be fighting relegation. Not to mention the money!

Doubt it thought. I think Sander Berge at Sheffield United is a good example. They tried to sign him last summer and he'd turned them down as he didn't want to sign for a newly promoted club. When they were comfortably in the top half of the table in January they were able to resurrect the deal.

43 minutes ago, Adelaide Canary said:

Lets be hones he will. He will be gone as soon as any has decent offer comes in to the board (which it will), who will accept it having spent the last few weeks 'getting the locals onside with a few signings first. Can't see him wanting to stay at a mid table champ level when the prospect if prem football and a decent salary will be open for him

Mid table? 

That's the spirit! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I doubt there is a single Premier League team Emi would turn down. Remember he’s just had a 50% wage cut - I’m pretty sure he’d join a team expected to struggle if a deal could be agreed with Norwich. 

there are a few he wouldn't kick up a storm to join though, making us accept a low offer.

Say Leeds offered £15m for him, we'd say no and Emi would carry on trying his best for us and wait for a big side to bite.

If Athletico Madrid came in with £15m then I'd imagine it'd unsettle him far more and we'd probably end up having to talk.

12 minutes ago, Tetteys Jig said:

there are a few he wouldn't kick up a storm to join though, making us accept a low offer.

Say Leeds offered £15m for him, we'd say no and Emi would carry on trying his best for us and wait for a big side to bite.

If Athletico Madrid came in with £15m then I'd imagine it'd unsettle him far more and we'd probably end up having to talk.

Like when Liverpool came in for one of our players?

22 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I doubt there is a single Premier League team Emi would turn down. Remember he’s just had a 50% wage cut - I’m pretty sure he’d join a team expected to struggle if a deal could be agreed with Norwich. 

Just like Pritchard did, although hopefully for treble the transfer fee. 

3 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

What's funny is some of the stuff I've read on twitter about how big they are, how they're going to spend like Villa and get Champions League football 🤷‍♂️

Will always be deluded beyond all doubt! I'm away to Leeds on Friday actually. It's funny cuz I've met some really nice people that way. But some of the fans... Wowza 😂

2 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Will always be deluded beyond all doubt! I'm away to Leeds on Friday actually. It's funny cuz I've met some really nice people that way. But some of the fans... Wowza 😂

Christ, they really are setting the bar low with their pre-season schedule.

• Haha 6

8 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Like when Liverpool came in for one of our players?

That offer was so low that it even insulted Lewis to be fair.

9 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Have it on good authority he’s happy at Norwich. He may still go I suppose if we get a bid the club can’t refuse but I don’t think he will force a move.

9 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Have it on good authority he’s happy at Norwich. He may still go I suppose if we get a bid the club can’t refuse but I don’t think he will force a move.

I think it’s possible for him to be happy at Norwich but also want to leave to get a pay rise that would most likely be over 100%. I suspect whether he kicks off or not is down to who makes an offer and when it arrives. 

Edited by Bethnal Yellow and Green

12 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

That offer was so low that it even insulted Lewis to be fair.

The point being the same with £15m for Buendia. It doesn’t matter who offers it, if it isn’t our valuation, we aren’t accepting!

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Not one of ours but a good source has told me that Harry Maguire will go on a 3 month loan to Mykonos Prison FC.

It has been said on this Board that Mr Maguire is a thug. I cannot possibly confirm or deny that assertion.

On 22/08/2020 at 11:39, Adelaide Canary said:

I doubt Buendia sees us as a midtable championship team.

In fact, you appear to be the only person on the planet that does.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

It has been said on this Board that Mr Maguire is a thug. I cannot possibly confirm or deny that assertion.

I know we are just joking around, but an Englishman going abroad, getting pissed and getting into fights?

Who knew that could ever happen

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

I don’t know, there’s probably several other Ipswich fans as well as Adelaide ‘Canary’ who would say it as well.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

TBF we are currently mid table 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Yes, and with a zero goal difference, so the defence must have tightened up, or we are scoring more.

Still got the same problems as last season, we cannot score! 0 in the column again!

Anyone else starting to think we might end up holding onto our 'stars youngsters' until January... finding it hard to see a club that is both interested and also financially capable. The Lewis to Leicester one still looks a little like 2 + 1 + 1 equalling 4, I've not seen anything beyond fans putting it together.

17 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Chilwell to Leicester in doubt due to fitness, can’t see Lewis going  there

Chilwell’s already at Leicester so that would be a shock 😉

2 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Anyone else starting to think we might end up holding onto our 'stars youngsters' until January... finding it hard to see a club that is both interested and also financially capable. The Lewis to Leicester one still looks a little like 2 + 1 + 1 equalling 4, I've not seen anything beyond fans putting it together.

In my optimistic moods I agree, but the transfer window isn’t shutting until end October I think? Plenty of time for late moves as desperation creeps in toward the end. 

10 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Sky Sports are reporting that Chilwell to Chelsea is almost done. We could see the 'Lewis to Leicester' links intensify in the coming days...

Apparently Tagliafico is their number one target and they want to bring in an experienced player who can slot straight into the team. They may face some stern competition for him though. Interesting to see where they do go for a Chilwell replacement, but it certainly seems Lewis isn't at the top of their list currently.