Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

McCormack wants to join us and fee agreed with fulham

That''s odd - the more it rambles on, to me it seems the more likely it is. But whatever - there''s other fish to fry if it doesn''t come off.

Actually i feel the deal could be very close, seem like Fulham need to tie down their proposed new 6 mill striker and for City and Fulham to finalise everything. But time is of the essence, im sure Alex has definite ideas about how much longer he will prepare to wait for the deal to get done. Purely guesswork but id reckon the deal has to be done next 24-48 hrs or Alex will go elsewhere.

if he isnt here in time for the last pre season friendly this Saturday ,we have to assume that things aren''t going according to plan........thats not to say it still couldnt happen afterwards but the longer it drags on it can only be that there are sticking points that are pointing to this falling through...

A journalist on Twitter

Ross McCormack to Norwich is a 99.9% done deal. Four year contract. Undisclosed fee believed to be in excess of £10million. #ncfc #ffc

Ross McCormack will become the most expensive British player to never play in the premier league. [Stat: @bobby_wilson1] #ncfc #ffc

When you say journalist, do you mean student journalist?!

Following the delightful RvW shock, I do wonder if this stuff is all pure baloney, & we end up with someone completely off the radar. Perhaps even someone exciting ...

I agree with Essy, now we''ve negotiated getting RvW off the books and are a striker down so to speak, I think this means a new striker is imminent, I''m guessing we''ll know by Friday afternoon as the cogs are well and truly in motion - don''t think AN would let a striker go without confirmation that an upgrade (hopefully!) is done and dusted 👍

[quote user="JF"]A journalist on Twitter

Ross McCormack to Norwich is a 99.9% done deal. Four year contract. Undisclosed fee believed to be in excess of £10million. #ncfc #ffc

Ross McCormack will become the most expensive British player to never play in the premier league. [Stat: @bobby_wilson1] #ncfc #ffc[/quote]

Thats a sports journalist at Huddersfield Uni with 400 odd followers

I read a post on the Wrath site about Fulham fans saying that McCormack has an achilles injury and will be out for a few weeks-can''t find anything to confirm this, anyone else heard about this or is it BS?

Next thing is we will sign him but because he''s had no pre season he will be fatter than Hooper and won''t be fit enough to play until October

I agree, its either in the next 24 hrs a done deal, or we have been very quiet with other business and someone else is in the building very close to signing the dotted line. Theres surely no way after last Summer, we would let RVW go, however bad he''s been before getting assurances of replacements in.

We could be gazumped at the final hurdle on our 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice targets and find ourselves with Jerome, Naismith, Lafferty and Morris as our strikers... Awful if that happened!

[quote user="tonythai"]New bid over 10m according to sky sports[/quote]That would be the Redmond money topped up with whatever pittance we received for RVW. [:D]

Someone is trolling as Sky Sports I think, Ipswich have enquired?? What are they going to buy him with?

NORWICH IMPROVE MCCORMACK BID

Sky Sources understand Norwich have made an improved bid in excess of £10m for Fulham striker Ross McCormack.

We understand Fulham are considering the offer.

Ipswich have also made enquiries about the player.

Saving RvW''s wages is the main benefit. Good news, if true, about the new bid. It may also be that Fulham want a replacement sorted before they let McCormack go. Villa''s new owner/CEO is furious at us on Twitter, which makes me feel that our nearest competitor is dropping out, even if nothing happens today.

Big difference between bidding for a player and making an enquiry.

Worried it''s only touted as £10m+. Surely we should match their valuation of £12m else it''s Afobe all over again.

Fact AN has stated he feels we need to pay top dollar is an indication to the Board to pull their fingers out

I wonder if Ipswich were enquiring if they could have him for free? Or enquiring to see how many charities they''d have to steal from to afford him?

i am a little disappointed that our scouts can not find a striker who is younger with potential

there must be a striker somewhere in world football who can play in the champs BUT most important has potential to play in the premier

we would then have a younger player who would then have a resale value

we have a striker who can score in the champs in jerome but we know he struggles in the premier why buy another one for 10 million who has not even played in the premier ?

Perhaps I''m being thick here, but we seem to have gone from wanting players like Afobe and Gayle - fast, on the shoulder, one up front types - to, erm, McCormack.

I''m looking forward to seeing this new style of play next season.

Fuzzar,

That is what many, including myself, have been saying. There doesn''t seem to be a place for McCormack in the current formations Alex Neil like to use. Unless he is planning on putting McCormack in the role Naismith/Wes play. Which doesn''t address Norwich''s chronic lack of strikers.