Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

McCormack wants to join us and fee agreed with fulham

You can see this a-happening...Villa will come back  very quickly with a 13-14 mill bid, get McCormack, leaving Alex left behind  as usual. This is all to familiar.

What makes me shake my head at this 10 million bid is that Sheff. Wednesday had a 11.5 mill bid for him turned down a couple of weeks or more ago..so why are City supposedly bidding 10 mill?

[quote user="Essjayess"]You can see this a-happening...Villa will come back  very quickly with a 13-14 mill bid, get McCormack, leaving Alex left behind  as usual. This is all to familiar.[/quote]Sounds good to me.There''s little to no doubt that McCormack can, and has scored plenty of goals at this level, but there are 4 main issues here IMO:1) He doesn''t fit AN''s preferred system, which means that even if we sign him to play off Jerome, WTF happens when Jerome gets injured/suspended and we have NO-ONE who can play the same role?2) He''s badly overpriced. In what world does a player like McCormack have a higher transfer valuation than players like Dzeko & Sturridge have gone for????3) He''s a month away from being 30, not that big a deal in modern football granted, but it does limit potential resale value, which could be a huge sticking point in the event that we don''t get promoted straight back up and are left carrying a very hefty wage that may or not be easy to shift on (look what''s happened with RvW) should we require it to happen.4) I''d argue that if we were going to replace Wes in the no10 position, we already have Naismith who I think is more than capable at this level, along with Maddison who has all the potential to be amazing for us, so how can we justify 12-15mil on a position that is already fairly well covered, when we actually need a big, strong ''target man'' player to compete with Jerome so badly instead???At those sorts of prices, I''d rather he did go to Villa or Newcastle - again, not because he''s a bad player - far from it, but it''s too much cash for a player who doesn''t ideally suit and we already have good alternatives to begin with.

Perhaps someone should tell Fulham theft they have agreed the fee as SSN reckon they have turned down two bids from us one of which was £10 million.

We''re hopefully on the verge of signing a proven classy championship striker who in the last 3 seasons has scored 66 goals in 132 games with two poor teams and people are complaining cos ''he''s nearly 30!'' ''he''s too expensive!'' ''he dunt fit tha system Buh!'' Absolutely pathetic.

The mail is reporting we have made a bid that could rise to £12m with add-ons. I guess it could just need tinkering to get to something they''ll accept, but as AN says, we''ll otherwise move on. Fact is, you have to pay the going rate for any striker, and he''s currently the most proven in the Champs, but there is also a point at which you say it''s too much.

[quote user="Keith Scott"]We''re hopefully on the verge of signing a proven classy championship striker who in the last 3 seasons has scored 66 goals in 132 games with two poor teams and people are complaining cos ''he''s nearly 30!'' ''he''s too expensive!'' ''he dunt fit tha system Buh!'' Absolutely pathetic.[/quote]No, what''s pathetic is when fans can''t see the risks involved despite all the evidence being there in front of them...McCormack HAS proven himself a goalscorer, nobody is denying or arguing that point, but it''s been done as either part of a front 2, or playing off a front man in the no10 role.AN has almost always focused on having a lone striker in the no9 position who is strong, quick, good in the air and capable of handling the physicality of competing with 6ft4 defenders built like the proverbial brick outhouse. That is NOT what McCormack offers, which means it''s more likely to be playing off someone like Jerome, but where does that leave our most creative and influential midfielder, and where does it leave the guy we paid 8.5mil for only 6 months back who ideally suits that role as well?We need cover/competition for Jerome, NOT the no10 role behind that, which is why many of us are baulking at the idea of blowing the clubs transfer wad on a position where we already have more than enough talent and players to cover, and when we desperately need another target man type player instead.

The odds are now drifting on us to sign him and shortening on staying at Fulham. Coupled with the comments from AN last night it seems like this deal is going to fall through, possible someone is asking too much and we are standing our ground on it.

When you consider RvW cost 8.5 million, and he''s complete dog shit, then over 10 million for a striker who''s at least twice the player he is is a f ucking bargain.

Actually Indy whats more pathetic is you seemingly thinking you know something AN doesnt. Strangely enough i reckon he knows what style he wants to play more than you, and probably understands Mccormack as a player more than you do.

So if AN wants him, im more than happy for us to buy him.

Besides one thing we can guarantee is he''s a fck load better than RvW!

This article today will probably tells us a bit more, although I swear when i read it early this morning it said ''''Fulham were looking to have all the money upfront'''', now it says Fulham are looking for a less incentived deal referring to the £10m plus adds on making it £12m

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/norwich-city-go-back-drawing-11668689

If someone could make it into a link that would be great.

Well the 10 mil bid has been rejected, so I guess the deal is off. Neil has stated that was his final ''market value'' bid.
Time to turn attention to Assombalonga. And quick.

Really? did Alex actually say it was his final offer for the particular player that hes chasing, which we all presume is McCormack? i saw him say last night that indeed, every player has a certain value, but did not interpret what he said as it being the clubs final offer.

He did only say "I guess the deal is off" so it was obviously a wild stab in the dark.

[quote user="hogesar"]Actually Indy whats more pathetic is you seemingly thinking you know something AN doesnt. Strangely enough i reckon he knows what style he wants to play more than you, and probably understands Mccormack as a player more than you do.

So if AN wants him, im more than happy for us to buy him.[/quote]Ah, the old Glenn Roeder defence - love it![quote]Besides one thing we can guarantee is he''s a fck load better than RvW![/quote]Actually you can''t guarantee that, and without a time machine to go back and play him correctly, or for him to be given a fair run this season, then you never will be able to say that.If I was building a brand new first XI and given the choice between the two of them 3 years ago (and now for that matter), I''d STILL take RvW over McCormack, I appreciate others may not agree, but it doesn''t make the opinion wrong or invalid...

@Indy

Did you say given the choice now you''d take RVW over McCormack? For a team in this division?

Sorry but that''s just bloody mental.

Id take the fact that clubs have been after mccormack for years at around 10 mill whilst we couldn''t offload RvW on a free as a suggestion that theyre somewhat poles apart in quality and ability.

Actually Hogesar what''s even more pathetic is calling other fans pathetic for having an opinion.

Personally I feel 15 million is way to much for a player on the brink of 30 who hasn''t played above Championship level.

As you say it''s up to Alex Neil but his dealings in the transfer market thus far have hardly been a great success.

If we don''t get promoted at first attempt we''ll be lumbered with a 31 year old McCormack on big money and with very little resale value.

They say managers live or die by their ability in the transfer market and if Neil decides to blow 15 million on a 30 year old forward the axe will already be raised if things start to go wrong.

Rvw over mcormack hahahahahhahahah ahahahahahah ahhahahahahahha ahhahahahah ahhahahahaha ahahhahaha ahahhahaha ahhaahhahaha ahhahahaha ahhahahahaha ahahahahaha ahhahahahahaha ahhahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahaha ahhahahahaha hahahahahaah hahahahahha hahahahahahahahah aha ahahhahaha ahahahha ha ah ah ah ah ah ah ahhahhhha aha ha ha hha ha haahhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah haaaaaaaa

I take it you''ve never seen a game of football in your life.

''''If we don''t get promoted at first attempt we''ll be lumbered with a 31

year old McCormack on big money and with very little resale value.

''''I''ve seen this mentioned a few times but don''t really understand it. If he suddenly stops scoring goals then this will be bad but that''s pretty unlikely. He''s still got a good few years in the tank. Why would we want to sell him just because we didn''t get promoted? Surely we''d want to keep him for another push.Next summer a lot of big wage players are out of contract. Wolfswinkel, Mulumbu, Turner, Bassong and Ruddy to name a few - Naturally we''ll replace these with smaller earners. So McC''s wages surely shouldn''t be an issue.

I''d get McC and then Assombalonga next season after we''ve been fired to the Premier League. After such an bad injury £10m is a £5m too big a risk.

KerianSkikari

If we don''t get promoted at the first attempt the Premier League could soon feel like a distant memory. Ask Bolton fans, Blackburn, Charlton, Leeds, Birmingham, Forest, Wolves, Fulham, Derby, Ipswich.. the list is endless.

If it does take us a few years to return I honestly can''t bare to see the club return to days of Delia having to stump up 40k to bring in players like Carl Robinson.

Just because we''re sitting pretty financially currently doesn''t mean we should be irresponsible.

Of course hopefully McCormack bangs in 30 goals, we walk the Championship and we can bring this thread back up as egg on my face.