Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

McCormack wants to join us and fee agreed with fulham

All better value on paper and better suited to AN system, you can add Wood to that list.

so what you are saying tiger is that there is not a striker in the world who we could get who is better than McCormack for 12 mill ?

all those players playing in different leagues and McC is the best available for 12 mil i am not having that you have to dig deep for gems

other clubs seem to find these player why don''t we

[quote user="Indy"]Chris Martin, Kodjia, Wells[/quote]

Assombalonga, Hemed, also what about a cheeky loan for Jay Rodriguez? There''s tons cheaper or younger better options I agree.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Most of these players aren''t going to be much cheaper and they''re certainly not better. Younger, sure.[/quote]

But you''re kind of agreeing even if it''s a small margin, they are likely to be 8-10m and younger and around the same goal threat... Surely that''s a better option.

For us, at this moment in time, I''d still pick McC from that list of players.Assombalonga would be my next choice but I''d want to see him play for another 6 months before splashing that much money. Wells and Kodga, another season and maybe.Martin - nah.Wood - Would literally rather have RIcky back. hahaha

I do agree that we should look abroad  too. Just not for the main striker in a season where we''re looking to bounce back into the Premier League. McC is the closest thing to guaranteed goals next season, well worth the risk. His game isn''t about physicality so he should be effective for years to come, so even without huge sell on value it would be worth it for us, now.

What the same Chris Wood at 6ft 3, scored 13 in 36 last season, yep I''d say he''s a better fit to AN system and players we have then McCormack, who will if here could end up being the new RVW!

The thing about McCormack is he has a remarkxbly consistent scoring record - even playing for a poor side. It strikes me that some players may have one golden season then drop back to mediocrity. So paying an extra £4m for a near guaranteed 20 goal a season striker is good value I feel.

You never know. He may break a leg, or inexplicably lose form, but his record is damn good.

That''s football. Who''d have thought that a barrel chested, few-goals-a-year ageing lower league player could strike fear into the heart of Premiership defences? Or a young Dutch striker with a rising reputation would turn out to be ... ?

It''s a funny old game.

[quote user="Indy"]All better value on paper and better suited to AN system, you can add Wood to that list.[/quote]

No way is Wood better than McCormack! The others you could argue the case at least but Wood isn''t in the same class as McCormack.

Did you get to see AN playing system? He likes one up top to hold the ball and bring others into the game, McCormack isn''t that, that''s why he''d be another RVW here, unless played alongside another striker, not likely with AN.

I think you might have to try and get to a game this year ;-)

McCormack or any new striker is going to need the right service

we have struggled in that aera so no striker is a 20 goal a season guaranteed

As for style of play what is AN''s style i dont think he even knows that and lack of service might put McCormack off more than anything

I didnt realise until a couple of weeks ago that Leeds had signed Kemar Roofe from Oxford for £3m... ....as it stands we could have done a hell of a lot worse than that.

I resigning myself to the fact that we will start the season with the strikers we''ve got.......and once again probably force something through at 11.55pm on transfer deadline day night.

I would appear that McCormack will be this summer''s Steffen Iversen

Guys we could be at this all summer, at the end of the day, McCormack is not better than Jerome and has never played the lave Jerome has yet none of us would pay 12 million for Jerome so why do you think a player at this level, not a good fit for AN and costing our budget is worth the risk? Surely a couple younger options already stated would be a better bet?

We didn''t really struggle that badly in creating chances last season did

we? We missed quite a few but there were chances, especially before the

Newcastle game and after January.  Also we were scoring plenty in the

other half season under Neil. McC takes chances and Neil should be

sacked if he can''t get him scoring.My interpretation is that

Neil will play to the strengths of his best forwards. Jerome and Grabban

(similar but not identical) were better the Hooper. Last year we had

what we had.I could be wrong but if we but McCormack we will see a fairly substantial change. I''ll get to a game but you need to get into reality.

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]We didn''t really struggle that badly in creating chances last season did

we? We missed quite a few but there were chances, especially before the

Newcastle game and after January.  Also we were scoring plenty in the

other half season under Neil. McC takes chances and Neil should be

sacked if he can''t get him scoring.My interpretation is that

Neil will play to the strengths of his best forwards. Jerome and Grabban

(similar but not identical) were better the Hooper. Last year we had

what we had.I could be wrong but if we but McCormack we will see a fairly substantial change. I''ll get to a game but you need to get into reality.[/quote]

Yes but you still miss the point, we only have one striker, we need to buy two or loan one buy one, Laffs will be gone and Morris isn''t there yet!

So the reality is 12 million might be far too much for us anyhow one one player!

All (apart from the really shit ones like Wood) of the players you''ve suggested would cost about the same. Wouldn''t be surprised if we did just buy 1. In an emergency Naismith could play on the shoulder.

Yes but Naismith couldn''t play off the shoulder of McCormack, that''s the point, the last player in his style was Hooper, a far better player IMO, he was sold, so why now buy an older version for five times the price?

If you compare Hooper who we sold for around 3 million, he scored a goal every 177 minutes to McCormacks 192'' scored 13 in 2301 minutes, where McCormack scored 2i in 4036 minutes.

So again why sell a player better on paper for 3 million to then buy an older like for like at 12 million?

Lets get this right KeiranShikari.

To break down stubborn opposition defences. You are suggesting a more technical/passing game, utilising McCormack & Naismith up front. We drop Hoolahan to the bench.

Lets see now.

With the transfer negatives of RVW still discuss in multiple threads on this forum, we get a player who has a good goals record for his last 3 clubs but never in a promotion team. Team up with a "big time Charlie" whose presence on the pitch was probably a bigger contributor to us going down than people realise.

You take out a player who was a key to our last two premiership promotions, "player of the match" against World Champions Germany & effectively took out Italy with one ball.

You think you can break down stubborn opposition defences with these two ???

It''s diabolical !

A Twitter ITK who has regularly got a lot of breaking news correct, but also a lot wrong, has posted tonight that a 11.5 million fee has been agreed. Expect an announcement Saturday.

Im utterly amazed on these posts, still debating and stating that McCormack  is overpriced at 12 mill, or trying to compare his fee to what other strikers fees are. Its so very simple to understand why hes 12 million. Fulham bought him for 11 mill 2 years ago and they have never ever wavered from the fact that they want to make a profit, be it big or small, but a profit, as the only way he would be let go. Its a one off situation, Alex is 100% sure this is the guy he wants and hes made it plain that you pay the going rate for what a guys  valued at by his club or get left behind.We are here and now, we badly need the best there is at this level for this season, and no one but no one else comes close to proven and consistent scoring in this division, so lets get McCormack in and leave it to Alex to manage him and the rest of the squad. We can always debate how great or poor McCormack has been further down the line.

If we buy McCormack for anything more than we sold Hooper than AN deserves to be fired! IMO.

People still not answered me, why the hell are we paying 12 million for someone no better then a player we sold for 3 million and couldn''t get a game under AN.

This is nuts!

Selling Hooper was a mistake although Neil never really used him and no manager found a way to use him effectively so it was perhaps that which was more the mistake.

That does not mean that we should not sign MCCormack in the position we are in now. Yes he is perhaps slightly over priced but we are in the fortunate position where we only really need strengthening in one key area and need to get the best players at this level we can.

Dr Ink, would been good if you could post the so callefd ITK tweet. I do think this will happen as to my knowledge we are the only team to have actually bid for him