Sign in to follow this  
Nexus_Canary

Moro - Can we now all agree ?

[quote user="Thirsty Lizard"]The thing is Nexus that unless he does step overs, Cruyff turns, blistering pace and work ethic you''re going to hammer him.

He wasn''t brilliant today, but he wasn''t terrible either. He did some good things and some bad things.

But you''re watching with your eyes closed.

The moment I heard Lukaku was playing I basically knew we were going to lose. Nothing to do with Morison. Go figure.[/quote]

What a complete bullsh*t statement !! I suppose you knew we were going to lose to Man U because RVP was playing or Arsenal because Corzola was playing, or is Lukaku suddenly the next Messi? Tw@t!

I think most people watching the team realise that Morison is not the answer.

But, at the moment, what is the answer?

We play the system that we are used to, the one which gave us ten matches unbeaten, and we need a lone striker.

Have we got anyone better than Morison at the moment?

Continually knocking him won''t help. I feel that in the absence of Holt he is the best option. Perhaps that tells us of the need to buy in January but until then we can do little about our situation except accept it.

If in January we do nothing to improve our situation then that will be the time to complain.

Unfortunately, once Howson came on for Hoolahan, most City supporters must have felt that if WBA were to take the lead, then there was very little hope of an equaliser. Morison huffed and puffed, never seemed to be on the same wavelength as the other City players, and in all honesty doesn''t fil you with confidence when faced with anything resembling a chance.

Not getting much game time cannot help, but then nor does his body language when City fans are looking for a Grant Holt replacement.

Where did I say Morison is the answer? I think he is a useful squad player but never going to be much more than that. What I was pointing out is that he obviously can''t be *** as he has performed in the past.

I don''t understand people who have to turn everything into this pathetic polarised whipping-boy scenario, who always have to have one player who they slate and then revel in it when they are struggling or don''t make the grade. Well, Nexus I bow to your superior football knowledge - ex non-league player who cost a couple of million in "not setting Prem world alight" shocker.

Rather than wasting your time saying "I told you so", why not tell ua all which proven quality goal scorer you would get in on our budget (or for a similar cost to Morison) in Jan?

Some of the posters on this board really need to take a reality check on all things Norwich City whilst also consider posting in a more pleasant manner.

Putting aside whether Morison had a good season last year or whether you like him as a player or not, yesterday was a huge opportunity for him to cement his place in the squad and ensure Hughton was impressed enough to see him as Holt''s automatic replacement or even a long term squad option.

Unfortunately, it''s frustrating to say that when he needed to shine he didnt, and he probably put in one of his poorest performances in a City shirt since he has been at the club, which I found strange. For me the one thing that really showed him up, was when he chose not to chase down a ball that was heading for the corner and Snodgrass took it upon himself to set an example and to do just that, I feel his heart isnt with our club anymore. 

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="I.S."]Nexus, he''s obviously not ***, he got double figures last season. He might not cut it consistently at this level, but your constant witchhunt is fairly childlike. Is that the sort of well reasoned argument you teach your students?

Still, haters gonna hate I guess...[/quote]And your niavity is also pretty child like. I do love how the pro Moro argument always comes down to "he got double figures last season" can i remind you that the form that got him those goals ended over 12 months ago. Other than one goal vs Arsenal he did nothing else.The man plays with no passion and is blatently not a team player in any sense of the word. He''s lazy has no pace and his finishing is out of the window.I have no problem if someone is going through a rough patch of form , but it is very apparent that Moro is not working as hard as he can and is not performing as well as he can. ( Your argument regarding double figures highly supports my arguement so thank you for this )A well reasoned argument is exactly that, and something that you Moro happy clappers cant actually present.[/quote]

There is a point you know when such a deep seated hatred becomes a disorder, scapegoating is far far to easy, and I`m afraid IS naive. Morrison is playing in a role not suited to him, he does not have the pace, the power, or the brain to play that role in the way that Holt does so will always look poor compared to him. That doesn`t make Morrison a bad player however, and does not warrant the sort of constant scapegoating that takes place on here and in certain areas of the crowd. He is a goal scorer whether you like it or not, he is just not in his best role at the moment and if we are to continue playing in this stye, which of course we will, we need a striker with different qualities. That doesn`t make Morrison deserving of your hate campaign and you should be ashamed of yourself!   [:@]

I am not keen on the Moro hate that seems to be filling these pages.

I wouldn''t regard him as Premiership quality because if we were relegated I don''t think any Premiership teams would be interested in signing him. He is a decent championship striker.

That said, he is certainly good for a goal or two at this level when given the chance. But I would be looking for a new striker as the next signing the club needs to make.

Sports Desk Pete deleted my post. I can see why many people have stopped posting on here now, you aren''t allowed to speak the truth.Ah well, Morro will be off in January and hopefully we can get someone in who actually cares about Norwich.

I think most of us felt when Wes went off that we more than likely to go on and lose the game. It takes some adjustment to Hughton''s strategy of attempting to protect a point, as regards Lambert who would have attempted to win the game. Hughton is in my opinion very conservative in his use of substitutes.

As regards Morison he would do a competent job in the Championship but does not seem to be on the same wavelength with Wes which is a particular problem in the system we are currently playing.

Reading this thread is a bit like reading a transcript of the Pendle witch trials. Steve Morison may well not be good enough to lead a Premier League attack: his first touch is suspect and he lacks confidence in front of goal, but the constant villication from people who feel that they can sit in judgement of the guy''s mental processes is shameful.

It''s just too easy to trot out the lazy Morison line, yet it becomes self justifying because so many do it. The fact is that he worked hard yesterday and did some good things and bad things. He''s never going to be Grant Holt because he''s a different type of target man and consequently he''s a convenient scapegoat.

No one expecting morro to be Grant Holt. We dont expect jackson or harry Kane to be grant holt. We want to celebrate a striker doing his job in his own style but we have now got to a point where people are praising morro for his performance against villa. It was average - the problem we have is that he has set his benchmark so low that any performance above the norm is now celebrated as him having a good game. Its tiresome.Quite simply not good enough But until he leaves i will cheer the lad on everytime he wears the shirt.

Lets be fair. We paid a little over £2m for him at the start of last seasonand his goals played a big part in keeping us up so he owes us nothing in that regard. This season has shown that he cannot fit into the tactics and style of play of Hughton. I can think of no other premiership side who would want him, but there would be many championship sides. It is not his fault he is a championship striker, we got lucky in seaon 1 and reaed the rewards. He should be playing in the championship as well as jackson and i am sure that will be sorted out withing the next  year. weowe both a debt of gratitude though, Jackson for getting us up and Morison for his contribution in season 1. The both deserve better than the hate campaign

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Reading this thread is a bit like reading a transcript of the Pendle witch trials. Steve Morison may well not be good enough to lead a Premier League attack: his first touch is suspect and he lacks confidence in front of goal, but the constant villication from people who feel that they can sit in judgement of the guy''s mental processes is shameful.

It''s just too easy to trot out the lazy Morison line, yet it becomes self justifying because so many do it. The fact is that he worked hard yesterday and did some good things and bad things. He''s never going to be Grant Holt because he''s a different type of target man and consequently he''s a convenient scapegoat.

[/quote]

So that is the literature of choice in the Beauseant household is it?! Well,well...[;)][:D][:P]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

So that is the literature of choice in the Beauseant household is it?! Well,well...[;)][:D][:P]

[/quote]

That was last week. I''m on Malleus Maleficarum now.....[;)]

I don''t think Morison is a world beating striker but there is a big difference in that and him being good enough for a squad place.

His constant vilification on this thread and others is pretty pathetic for a player who''s goals last season played a big part in keeping us up.

He suffers from the major problem that he''s not Grant Holt. I love holt, but I also realize there are few players with all of his attributes and work rate and we are unlikely to end up with four strikers of his calibre in our squad for a few transfer windows yet.

He didn''t have the best game yesterday, but he wasnt awful, and neither did some of our better players of this run. You also can''t expect the guy to walk in to the team with minimal game time and strike up an instant partnership with Wes, it''s ridiculous.

I also find it ironic that some are suggesting Kenwe jones as a good replacement, while saying you can''t base Morisons ability on what he was like a year ago.....

I hope the guy moves on in January for his own sake, we can get someone else to not be Grant Holt, and to be honest if he is less than bothered about playing for NCFC, which I don''t agree with, I could see why. People are idiotic if they think that just because someone gets paid a lot and is a professional that the crowds constant moaning doesn''t affect them.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh dear. This is betokens an inevitable slide down towards the devilish Collected Works of PurpleCanary...

"He suffers from the major problem that he''s not Grant Holt."

Nor is he Robert Fleck, Kevin Drinkell, Chris Sutton, Ewan Roberts etc. etc. 

Sorry Monty but I like many others have become disallusioned with this player in a yellow shirt. We/he should now move on and Hughton must surely have a better option on his shopping list in January.

Morison and NCFC no longer work, good while it lasted, but I really do not believe he has any further to go with us. He has proved himself to be a pretty good Championship player who had a purple patch in the Premiership but is unable to replicate it.

Nowadays I would prefer Simeon, but heal quickly Grant.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh dear. This is betokens an inevitable slide down towards the devilish Collected Works of PurpleCanary...

[/quote]

It''s on my list, but not until I''ve finished Fifty Shades of Grey.......

Now I reckon old Morison''s getting a bit of gyp because he doesn''t naturally look busy.  If you remember that Chrissy Martin, he used to run around an awful lot but because he didn''t have sweat pouring off his brow and pump his arms like an olympic sprinter, and because he was alongside Holty, people reckoned he was lazy and I think the same misfortune has befallen Morison. 

Does anyone have any link to player stats? I’ve looked but can’t find any. It would be interesting to know what players pass completion was yesterday.

The role he was asked to play as a lone striker simply means it’s your job to hold the ball up and bring others into play, I don’t think he did that.

I don''t agree with the Moro bashing. Wes and Pilks both had off days, even Tettey was below par. Holt would have struggled yesterday, and yet City nearly had a draw away from home (first goal shouldn''t have been allowed). I fail to see how all this Moro bashing will help the team. Ridiculous, IMO.

Scooby - first it''s rather rude and chirlish to call other posters a tw@t, but if you can''t debate in a mature and sensible manner then I guess that''s your problem.

You''ll have to believe on me on this, but my old man asked me at about 2.30 how I thought the game would go. My reply was this:

"Lukaka''s playing so I think we''ll lose. They''ll put balls into the box and put pressure on Bunn and I think we''ll concede from a corner or crosses."

Now, you''ll just have to trust me on this and if you choose not to believe me that''s up to you.

Bunn is agile and a good shot stopper, but he just doesn''t have the physical presence and mentality to dominate his penalty area. We were spoiled by having John Ruddy, because this is something he does brilliantly.

When you compare Lukaku to Messi and Cazorla in your post you are missing the point in absolutely spectacular fashion. The danger from Lukaku (and also Olsen and McCauley who are big and good in the air) was obvious before the game.

Good to see a rare outbreak of measured comment breaking out. Beauseant, my well thumbed copy of Shades is available should you you wish to bury your nose in it![:-*] 

Why is it Moro bashing to have an opinion that the player is not quite good enough. Whilst appreciating his past achievements for us, as short lived as they were, he pales into insignificance compared with some of the fabulous strikers we have had in the past.

Moro bashing? No way. He is just not up there and let''s hope Hughton has something better in mind.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Why is it Moro bashing to have an opinion that the player is not quite good enough. Whilst appreciating his past achievements for us, as short lived as they were, he pales into insignificance compared with some of the fabulous strikers we have had in the past.

Moro bashing? No way. He is just not up there and let''s hope Hughton has something better in mind.

[/quote]

Repeated and multiple threads slagging the man off, together with other threads being taken off topic for the same purpose, may give a clue.[:)]

It wasn''t just Morison that was disappointing yesterday, apart from Snodgrass, the rest of the team were definitely below par......

[quote]Yes, let''s throw the next two home games, no chance in getting anything from them.

Have we played arsenal or united at home yet this season? If not, let''s throw them too!!

Facepalm[/quote]

im hoping you are watching the chelsea/villa gameyknow villa - the team that put 4 past city at carrow road in the cup the other week ? currently getting schooled by citys next opponentsplaying the second string, resting the first choice legs (and not letting their confidence/egos get to hammered by heavy defeats) and bring them back in january