Sign in to follow this  
Nexus_Canary

Moro - Can we now all agree ?

Probably the first time ive ever moaned about Morison

To be honest im more worried about Moro''s attitude and passion than I am his ability

From minute 1 it was like we had 10 men, at least Jacko would have give us a outlet and a honest shift

Remind me when ''I changed my tune with Wes''????

[url]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/3/2718395/ShowPost.aspx[/url]

[url]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/1/2676284/ShowPost.aspx#2676284[/url]

unimaginative negative tactics lost this game not morison, its also worth noting turner, martin and johnson all missed free headers!!! all from about 7 yardspeople also seem to be forgetting city dont have anyone else whos fit that are better than him either

Yes, get rid of him asap imo. He''s not premier league standard. But we have to get a good replacement in , otherwise we''ll have to stick to the squad we have, which is what I will expect will happen tbh... Just like the last transfer window, I can''t see us doing much bussiness although we would like some as fans...overinflated prices is not something for NCFC to have a go at...

Insanely Stupid....

I have put some spec savers vouchers in the post to you.....

You appear not to see what we all see.....

I tend to agree with your views on Morison Nexus and i have long been advocating replacing him and i have no doubts that is Hughton''s intention.

I don''t think today was his worse performance though, he did tend to run for balls, just a good couple of seconds later than Baggie players, but he didn''t offer us any attacking threat, his chance when he was through in on goal was something i wouldn''t expect a sunday league player to mess up.

The performance was by no means like his Leicester performance but he didn''t do himself any favours if he wants to stay here beyond January. I''m hoping we can offload him as part of a swap deal for a championship striker (CMS) but i am not sure if he would be wanted.

I think the fact Morison is/has been hated by he majority of fans at his last 2 clubs speaks volumes.

Exactly right Technika. Not sure I agree about tactics, it''s our usual method of trying to control the game, but we missed so me sitters today and defended very poorly for the goals.

Our matches are being dictated by fine margins at the moment, and we''re not good enough for it to be anything more comfortable (yetl). Morison may very well not be good enough at this level, but who else in the squad is?

A lot of people have a hard time with the concept that a player can play very well in one game, but not so well in the next.

These are the same kinds of people who believe literally the last thing they were told.

[quote user="Monty13"]No. Poor team performance, he didn''t play well but neither did the team, that''s not his fault.[/quote]

Well said Monty, a loss like that, particularly with the way we played in the second half,  is down to the team, manager included, most of whom could have done some things better, it`s not down to Morro, singling him out for critisism is unfair.

Sorry, formatting was shocking (good website this). Anyway, they were the first two posts I found, think it illustrates the point.

[quote user="I.S."]Exactly right Technika. Not sure I agree about tactics, it''s our usual method of trying to control the game, but we missed so me sitters today and defended very poorly for the goals.

Our matches are being dictated by fine margins at the moment, and we''re not good enough for it to be anything more comfortable (yetl). Morison may very well not be good enough at this level, but who else in the squad is?[/quote]

should have mirrored them and gone 442 when they did, morison was not really getting enough of the ball, bringing a second striker on in the 86th minute is a waste of time. Holt might be able to play as the one up top but morison doesnt look happy at all, we dont have anyone better either so change it around and play 2 strikers, morison looked very good in a 442.

i would rotate for the next two games and give the second choice a couple of games, rest the first choice 11 (most of them) and avoid anymore risk of injuries or fatigue against chelsea and man city, its very unlikely city will pick up points from those games anyway so give them a break and get them back in fresh for newcastle and west ham in the new year

javier , today - whittaker, bunn and pilkington were all playing with or picked up

knocks or illness (pilkington was on the sideline taking tablets during

the match). this was also the reason every single bit of play was going

down the right hand side with snodgrass. Rest them, keep them fresh and

get the fitness levels up for those that are on the fringes. The second

string stand as much chance as the first in the next 2 games, not worth

running them into the ground for and having even more first choice players out for longer, its bad enough theres no holt or ruddy, throw in a bassong, pilkington or snodgrass and they will be royally in the 5h1t

[quote user="vos"]

Just not good enough. Not even championship class. Can''t remember him winning a ball in the air from our goalkicks etc.

Other glaring weaknesses today. Pilkington virtually non-existent in second half and Bunn must come of his line. Possibly should have taken one of the crosses where goals resulted.

[/quote]

clearly

Media report suggests city lacked ''punch up front'' so obviously Morro was maybe not at the races today in a side that had 58% of play. He is a confidence player, his goals for us early last season possibly indicate as such, but as a bit part player he does not have any impact. With regular games he may improve, but cannot see that happening for him here.

nexus deserves credit for bringing Morisons poor run of form (ie since he joined) to my attention... prior to the legendary "down to 10 men" post every other Saturday I thought he was alright but even I agree... Moro is f ''kin sh it! [:D]

[quote user="Carra Rud"]nexus deserves credit for bringing Morisons poor run of form (ie since he joined) to my attention... prior to the legendary "down to 10 men" post every other Saturday I thought he was alright but even I agree... Moro is f ''kin sh it! [:D][/quote]Wahey :DMy work here is done  !  ( almost....)

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Carra Rud"]nexus deserves credit for bringing Morisons poor run of form (ie since he joined) to my attention... prior to the legendary "down to 10 men" post every other Saturday I thought he was alright but even I agree... Moro is f ''kin sh it! [:D]
[/quote]

Wahey :D
My work here is done  !  ( almost....)
[/quote]

I do believe Kenwyne Jones is free to talk to clubs in January, What do people think about him, Morison IMO is no prem player can we use him in a bid for Austin

£15m minimum for Austin, think Burnley would laugh at us for offering Moro.I think we should look elsewhere as we would prob be gazumped by the likes of Liverpool.Kenwyne Jones is another one who is classed as "lazy" i remember watching him do f*ck all for 89 mins last season at Carrow Road.... ( bear in mind that 1 min was him rising like a salamon and scoring a late winner )

[quote user="City 2nd"]Media report suggests city lacked ''punch up front'' so obviously Morro was maybe not at the races today in a side that had 58% of play. He is a confidence player, his goals for us early last season possibly indicate as such, but as a bit part player he does not have any impact. With regular games he may improve, but cannot see that happening for him here.[/quote]

If he is a confidence player, he best not read the posts on here by the OP who doesnt ever support the team when he plays and is now joined by an inbred.

you have to love some of our supporters

[quote user="jedi"]Haha, typical, we lost so blame Morison.........pricks.[/quote]

No I blame Bunn, He has 2 hands why not catch the ball instead of trying to tap it over the bar, Pillock

watching the game on the pc I thought he was ok - not great but not poor either, he had a chance early in the second half well blocked, some decent link up play and worked the line and contributed defensively. he could have linked up play a little better and his touich was poor, but he provided decent cover for Holt.

on the negatives he is not grant holt, for me moros performance was on a par with many of grants performances this season but nowhere near grant best efforts. Playing the grant card from earlier in the season should we wait until he has had 5-6 consecutive games to enable him to get match fit too and then judge?

If Morison was worse than any other player on the pucth I could understand this post, however your witch hunt persecution overlooks an overall poor team effort with Garrido, Tettey, Pilkington and wes all well below recent performance levels and no worse than Moro today.

It was a 6/7 out of 10 performance - just like very city player today with the exception of Snodgrass (motm 8 ) and bunn (5 whose mistake cost us a solitary point)

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]watching the game on the pc I thought he was ok - not great but not poor either, he had a chance early in the second half well blocked, some decent link up play and worked the line and contributed defensively. he could have linked up play a little better and his touich was poor, but he provided decent cover for Holt.

on the negatives he is not grant holt, for me moros performance was on a par with many of grants performances this season but nowhere near grant best efforts. Playing the grant card from earlier in the season should we wait until he has had 5-6 consecutive games to enable him to get match fit too and then judge?

If Morison was worse than any other player on the pucth I could understand this post, however your witch hunt persecution overlooks an overall poor team effort with Garrido, Tettey, Pilkington and wes all well below recent performance levels and no worse than Moro today.

It was a 6/7 out of 10 performance - just like very city player today with the exception of Snodgrass (motm 8 ) and bunn (5 whose mistake cost us a solitary point)[/quote]
This post is far to sensible to be on this thread, shame on you! [;)]

God it is boring.

We are bringing this up once more. Morison scored goals last season. Therefore last season he was a big part of our season in staying up. We all know we needed a striker in the summer, we all know we need a striker in January. In fact ideally we need 2 strikers.

Martin, Jackson, Kane and Vaughan will not be here in 6 months as if we stay up they will be taking vital spots in our prem. team.

In fact all four are not contributing on the field to our current position. We upgraded in vital areas in midfield with tettey and a class wide player. We upgraded in defence and in goalkeeping. Our defence is massively better than last. Upfront we now need to bring in players.

Morison was a big part of why stayed up last season, he troubled the best centre halves in the league, played through injury. I still think he is part of the squad while the others need to go. If Morison goes then we need 3 strikers to be here by the summer. To me that is worry. 2 strikers is what we need.

Yeah, why not use the existing thread where Webbo have us his opinion on Morison.... Oh wait, he didn''t. That would involve talking about Norwich and not having a go at every other poster.

Keep up the good work Webbo, maybe you could give us your opinion on a NCFC related matter one day so we can tell you that you''re stupid or have posted in the wrong place?

On topic, didn''t watch today''s game and although I''m not a Moro basher I was worried that we wouldn''t be as effective wilt Holt. I think Holt actually allows Hoolahan to play better, gets him more space, Moro perhaps isn''t as good at doing that?

Just back from the game.

I thought Morison was disappointing today and, dare I say, seemingly disinterested. I think it goes to show, yet again, how much Holt brings to the team. He also works in combination with Hoolahan.

It was also disappointing to see how our away support has fallen away this season. We sold out the allocation last season and had a good go at the entire end in the cup. Worrying given this is only our second season back.

We need to strengthen in January. Without a new striker we will struggle. I don''t think it''s realistic to expect Holt to play the single front man role for the rest of the season without getting injured on burnt out.

I''m sure I''ll get flamed for this - I think we''ll lose the next three PL games - Newcastle at home is absolutely vital. Lose that too and the 95 scenario is upon us again.