Sign in to follow this  
Nexus_Canary

Moro - Can we now all agree ?

It is a shame, Moro can play the role brilliantly - I thought he was top-notch against Swansea last season, but all too often doesn''t seem fully interested. You do wonder whether CH will look to move him on, but not before someone else comes in and it may have to wait for the summer.

The only forward we have who is capable of being a Premiership regular is Grant Holt.

Yes, we need two more ....... and to offload much of what we have.

When Chris Hughton came in he recognised our biggest problems and brought in a goalkeeper, four defenders and a defensive midfielder in an attempt to sort out our defensive frailties. This worked.

I am sure that he now also recognises that we have problems in other positions and that they need improving.

I am confident that he will improve our squad in January by replacing some of the squad members and, if he can find a replacement, I am sure he would listen to serious offers for Morison.

Apologies, posted on the wrong thread. It is a little annoying when multiple threads are started on the same topic.

Just back from the game.

I thought Morison was disappointing today and, dare I say, seemingly disinterested. I think it goes to show, yet again, how much Holt brings to the team. He also works in combination with Hoolahan.

It was also disappointing to see how our away support has fallen away this season. We sold out the allocation last season and had a good go at the entire end in the cup. Worrying given this is only our second season back.

We need to strengthen in January. Without a new striker we will struggle. I don''t think it''s realistic to expect Holt to play the single front man role for the rest of the season without getting injured on burnt out.

I''m sure I''ll get flamed for this - I think we''ll lose the next three PL games - Newcastle at home is absolutely vital. Lose that too and the 95 scenario is upon us again.

To finish on a positive - Snodgrass impressive again today

Two similarities Nutty:

1. A belief held by many that we''re already safe. Hopefully, the management team have the nouse to strengthen. We desperately need an experienced PL striker. Morison was really poor today.

2. The loss of a key player. Gunn''s absence was a significant contributing factor to our demise. Credit to Hughton for signing Bunn but he''s no Ruddy who I fancy would have tipped the ball over the bar when West

Always been one Morison''s biggest critics and performances like todays are all too common from him: He was virtually anonymous for large swathes of the game and he has far more games like this than games like the CO Cup. Last season he got goals but even then didn''t play particularly well - troubled some of the best cb''s in the league? Don''t remember many games that he did tbh. Get rid and reinvest

It was also disappointing to see how our away support has fallen away this season. We sold out the allocation last season and had a good go at the entire end in the cup. Worrying given this is only our second season back

i went could not see one empty seat, plus we out sang wba all game, i think u r moaning for the sake of it, sums up this poor message board

had his chance and blew it, time for some a goalscorer or two, delia time to get that big wedge of notes out from between your tits and get us a up and coming grant holt type.

Just back from the game...Today highlighted to me just how much we rely on Grant. Scarily in fact.I would never accuse Morison of not putting in effort but I''m sorry he was terribly slow today and just didnt look interested until his little run down the wing at the end. If we had a better strikeforce e.g Holty and 2 others we''d have a superb team. As it is we''ve got a great defence, midfield and striker. Nothing against Morison, I just don''t think he''s good enough. Particularly in the lone striker role.

Sorry Highland, I can''t see any similarities. Everything we''ve done as a club over the last 12 months is the polar opposite of the 12 months leading to Christmas 1994.

FIIIIVE HUCKERBY''S!

?

please tell me we haven''t nicked another song? Oh the shame.

(i''m guessing this is the ManUre "Cantona/12 days of Christmas song")

[quote user="spencer 1970"]FIIIIVE HUCKERBY''S!

?

please tell me we haven''t nicked another song? Oh the shame.

(i''m guessing this is the ManUre "Cantona/12 days of Christmas song")[/quote]Eh?We''ve sang the Hucks song every christmas since Hucks signed back in 2003...

Spencer the Huckerby song is well old...

Although I imagine was originally copied off this Cantona one. Football fans nowadays don''t make up new songs, I was very surprised at Villa away to hear a song for Tettey that was more creative than the usual.

English football is full of generic chanting, about 2/3rd directed at other fans not making noise/rubbish support/rubbish ground/ etc and then most of the chants for the team are either just names repeated or one of a very few select generic formulas changed at different clubs.

I remember going on a website that had football chants for loads of teams, could spend ages on there just looking at the Norwich ones. Remember my first away game, at Ipswich about 10 years ago was various chances. Bar this new Tettey one, last good unique chant I can remember was the McKenzie one...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Sorry Highland, I can''t see any similarities. Everything we''ve done as a club over the last 12 months is the polar opposite of the 12 months leading to Christmas 1994.

[/quote]

Agreed, the run up to that relegation was littered with strange player sales. Ekoku to Wimbledon for £900K and Robins to Leicester for 1 million spring to mind.

I remember Mike Sheron and Rob Newman up front for a couple of games. Can anyone be surprised we went down.

My main complaints this season are Hughton''s reluctance to use subs. And we desperately need a decent new striker.

Nexus, he''s obviously not ***, he got double figures last season. He might not cut it consistently at this level, but your constant witchhunt is fairly childlike. Is that the sort of well reasoned argument you teach your students?

Still, haters gonna hate I guess...

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]watching the game on the pc I thought he was ok - not great but not poor either, he had a chance early in the second half well blocked, some decent link up play and worked the line and contributed defensively. he could have linked up play a little better and his touich was poor, but he provided decent cover for Holt. on the negatives he is not grant holt, for me moros performance was on a par with many of grants performances this season but nowhere near grant best efforts. Playing the grant card from earlier in the season should we wait until he has had 5-6 consecutive games to enable him to get match fit too and then judge? If Morison was worse than any other player on the pucth I could understand this post, however your witch hunt persecution overlooks an overall poor team effort with Garrido, Tettey, Pilkington and wes all well below recent performance levels and no worse than Moro today. It was a 6/7 out of 10 performance - just like very city player today with the exception of Snodgrass (motm 8 ) and bunn (5 whose mistake cost us a solitary point)[/quote]

I think the thing is though that Morison is playing for his place. I mean I know every player should be playing for their place but Moro is obviously not a first choice player and I think you''ve got to ask if it was the performance of someone who was going all out to give the manager a real selection headache. Was Morison doing everything he could to challenge Holt''s place or just a place in the team?

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]hehehehow can I be polite, but I TOLD YA SO, been harping on about how shite he is for months [/quote]

I called it after the Wolves away game last year and was SLATED for it by all and sundry on here. He simply isn''t good enough. His first touch is evidence enough that he was a non-league player a few years ago, he''s slow, he''s lazy and he offers no outlet whatsoever with movement off the ball.

The post on the first page made me laugh saying he played well against Judas and his boys in the Cap 1 cup... he missed 4 or 5 absolute sitters which would have killed the game and seen us go through to the Semi''s. Yes he scored a goal, but personally, I think scoring 1 goal out of 6 golden opportunities to be a pretty poor return for a striker.

[quote user="I.S."]Nexus, he''s obviously not ***, he got double figures last season. He might not cut it consistently at this level, but your constant witchhunt is fairly childlike. Is that the sort of well reasoned argument you teach your students?

Still, haters gonna hate I guess...[/quote]

Have u seen him play? Ever? Yes he got double figures last season, but what exactly has he done in the last 12 months? Scored 1 goal in the cup, Zero league goals by my count (although I haven''t checked that so I may be wrong). I know he''s not been starting, but you would expect a striker who normally gets on the pitch at some point off the bench to notch one or two in a calendar year.

[quote user="I.S."]Nexus, he''s obviously not ***, he got double figures last season. He might not cut it consistently at this level, but your constant witchhunt is fairly childlike. Is that the sort of well reasoned argument you teach your students?

Still, haters gonna hate I guess...[/quote]And your niavity is also pretty child like. I do love how the pro Moro argument always comes down to "he got double figures last season" can i remind you that the form that got him those goals ended over 12 months ago. Other than one goal vs Arsenal he did nothing else.The man plays with no passion and is blatently not a team player in any sense of the word. He''s lazy has no pace and his finishing is out of the window.I have no problem if someone is going through a rough patch of form , but it is very apparent that Moro is not working as hard as he can and is not performing as well as he can. ( Your argument regarding double figures highly supports my arguement so thank you for this )A well reasoned argument is exactly that, and something that you Moro happy clappers cant actually present.

I accept that in so many ways the club''s situation is fundamentally different (improved) cf 1995.

But (1) the collapse is at least part of the club''s history and our collective memories (2) better we don''t forget such seasons and recognise we need to improve our team - possibly GK, certainly forwards (3) acknowledge that if we survive at 17th that''s a fantastic achievement - talk of a top half finish is foolish at best, dangerously complacent at worst (4) we''ve had a good run, others will do so too - I don''t think we''ll finish above Villa, Sunderland, Newcastle or Fulham. Controversially, I also believe that QPR will stay up, comfortably as well. So, we''re in for an exciting ride - which is more often the case than not as a Canaries fan - I really hope that the Board give Hughton the funds he needs to bring in an experienced striker. An Ashton equivalent may well get us over the line this time.

The worst striker Norwich have ever had by a mile. Utter crap my mum could do better.

Get rid of him along with Martin and Jackson. Useless tools

And Bryan gunn u never did say how big your c**k was lol.

the fact he has done nothing major of note in the last year for us is a tragedy.

He was brilliant for us in that first half of last year and has gone off the boil, i fear this is beyond repair while he is at us, he seems bereft of confidence and unlikely to recapture that sort of form anytime soon.

Maybe time to shuffle the forward pack.it might take time, but we need a rethink up there.

Morison has had his moments for us but we now need better.

He is a player who is not quite upto the level we aspire to and seems to be immensly attitudinal to boot. Sell him to Ipswich, he might fit in well there with all their other nutters.

Sorry Moro, loved you once but  we now want a classier act up front.

If only he put as much effort into his game as he does his hair.maybe he knew he would get a big close up on the telly at the start of the game.