Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Why the Username?

Quality thread. mine stems from my blistering pace on the football pitch , those people who remember the comic book character Billy Whiz will understand.

Completely seperate note Diznazza Phillip Pullmans books are quality. the dark materials trilogy is awesome as is his other collection. looking forward to the movie of nothern lights come december. Currently reading the noughts and crosses books by Malorie Blackman, and interesting read that makes u think

Mine emerged last season when I lost count of the number of times Gary Doherty promised us in interviews that he was out for revenge, or the team were really focussed on winning, which was inevitably followed by humiliating defeat and particularly inept performances from the man himself. The one that really stood out was the Burnley at home defeat which ended up with Worthy getting the boot.

Great thread.

In the late 70''s/early 80''s, a song about a duck called Captain Beaky was released (anyone remember it?).

"The bravest creatures in the land

Are Captain Beaky and his band"!!!!

Anyway his enemy was a snake called Hissing Sid.

I sit in the Snakepit, seemed logical to put the two together.

When I was younger I was a "hairy". Had long hair, wore bright yellow bell-bottom trousers to matches and all that. Still makes me cringe.

Now I just wish I had some hair!

Also it rhymes - like mello''s - which can''t be bad.

blahblahblah - Extraneous verbosity to the detriment of content.  On other forums, people have complained that my posts are far too long.  In my more pompous, self-important moments I like to think that I inspired BlyBlyBabes, and Jas''s yada yada yada blog.In another life I was CupHalfFull on Worthyout.co.uk.  I chose this username as an attempt to annoy as many pompous, self-important people as possible.  I like to think that I succeeded.My "gamertag" (although strictly speaking I''m too old for such things) is NorwichCityNil, which was chosen for obvious reasons during the glorious reign of Bryan Hamilton, and harks back to the old Jasper Carrott joke "Birmingham have got so bad this season, they''ve changed their name to Birmingham City Nil."

[quote user="Hissing Sid"]

Great thread.

In the late 70''s/early 80''s, a song about a duck called Captain Beaky was released (anyone remember it?).

[/quote]

Timid toad, reckless rat, artful owl and batty bat....  apparently.

Staines Canary..

Very simply, am from Staines, or St Aines as us poshens like to say and Canary cause I support and love the great Green & Yellas!

My previous incarnation was "Iwans Front Teeth" due to the comic irony of the big lad not having any. I initially thought it funny after David Brent in the Office mentioned other quiz team names of "Steven Hawkins Football Boots". I just tried to think of City related people and things they couldn''t / didn''t have.

I changed this to Karl Pilkington a while back. Anyone who used to listen to Xfm will know him as the producer from the Ricky Gervais show. He is also the funnier person on the Ricky Gervias Podcats. The picture is of the man himself.

Follow the link to read some quotes. http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Karl_Pilkington

I love our club and I want the Future to be Yellow. It was hard to live the name last season, the future looked black, for me it`s brightening up a bit now.I want to see a new striker and a new decent centre half before I can honestly say, THEFUTUREISYELLOW!  

Originally from Devon, but I have lived in Norfolk for the past 20 years, 19 of which have been as a season ticket holder at FCR.

I''m a great believer in supporting your local team, but I must admit I''m delighted that City are off to the southwest to play my former club, for the previous 28 years, Exeter City, in a pre-season friendly.

I''ll be there in yellow & green, but with a carefully secreted pair of red & white striped ''lucky pants''!![:D]

I have spent the last 3 years on this board under my actual name, but, being Devon born, Devon bred, strong in the arm, but thick in the head, I did''nt realise until today that I can change my details!

Mine comes from a rude song in which the choruses go ''All in pink all in pink'', or ''All in green all in green'' etc before making a rude comment about a one night stand that rhymes with each colour... Obviously I can''t go into any more detail here...

There isn''t a verse for yellow....

I''ve been using this tag for years, 3Canaries - just substituted the ''Lions'' for ''Canaries''.  Simple as.

I used to get told i look like the killer in the film scream ''Billy Loomis'', I''m not entirely sure thats a compliment

Anyway, The 9301 was the number of my favourite song in my local pub, and whenever i went in there for a game of pool and a pint, i would always put it on. They had a little league table of which songs were selected most, i think it ended up number one for about a year. I re-assesed my drinking habits after that..........

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="Hissing Sid"]

Great thread.

[/quote]

Timid toad, reckless rat, artful owl and batty bat....  apparently.

[/quote]

They march through the woodland singing songs,

That tell how they have righted wrongs.

Once Hissing Sid an evil snake,

Kept the woodland folk awake,

With fear and trembling in the night,

In case he gave someone a bite.......

Naw.  Don''t remember that one!!

Mines a long-standing net ID, maybe 10 years now, and comes from the name of a fictional character invented by that funny fella Eddie Izzard.A side effect of it is I find quite often when I post I get the response "you must be crazy eddie"ahem.

Needed a new name to use on the net a year or so ago. Had a look around and the word ''Quantum'' was on the back of some book that was lying about. That seemed decent enough and it''s stuck.