Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Thank You Nigel

My thoughts on the Worthington EraWhen he was first appointed, I was disappointed in the club for not looking to bring in someone new with fresh ideas, I was under the impression that the assistant manager has a big say in how the team plays and operates, and I thought that he would just be continuing where Hamilton left off taking us further down away from the promised land of the premiership. Whilst the rest of that season did nothing really to change my opinion of that he was just continuing the Hamilton style of football, we was saved from relegation. The next season brought new hope with all the new faces but carried on with a 4-0 drubbing away to Millwall. At that point how was any of us to know we was embarking on a tremendous journey that would see us playing some great football and taking us to within penalties of promotion. The next season was met with great expectations, but myself I thought that we had over achieved the last season by getting to the playoffs and a mid table place was probably what we deserved. The 02/03 season was again a step in the right direction with us finishing 8th and playing again some great football. When we started the 0304 season, who would have thunk that it would thought it would play out how it did, with the development of the new south stand and the signings of Hucks, Crouch and Harper pushing us towards the top end of the table, and then the signings of McKenzie and Svensson and going top of the league at portman road what an amazing season with it being like a carnival atmosphere everywhere we went.The premiership was again a rollercoaster of a season, with the club and playing staff having proven itself in division 1 it was now time to face the big boys, and nobody thought it would be easy, and it most certainly wasnt. We came so close it was agonising, i remember walking back from Fulhams ground to the coaches distinctly, it was strangely also the day that I could stop wearing the support on my broken finger which sticks in my mind as well (dont know why, I just remember throwing it in a bin near fulhams ground after the match, maybe I thought it had brought us luck as I had broken it before the Man Utd match)Its at this point I was also thinking that we had the coaching staff and players at the club to win the league the next year, along with the rest of Carrow Road no doubt. I dont ever think we got over that defeat at Fulham last season at all, it was poor on all accounts really, but my faith never yeilded we had turned it around before and I thought we could again. And at the start of this current season I thought yes, this is it we are going to do it. And here I am now, not upset that Nigel has gone, because like alot of people I think he has taken us as far as he could. As a fan today, I was ashamed to be a Norwich fan, not because of the result, not because of Nigel going, but because the way the fans treated him. The way the crowd turned on him, you would have thought Ian Huntley was sitting in our dugout with the way some of the abuse was thrown at him. This is a man that has taken us from the brink of relegation to division 2 and to the premiership. The club is financially stable, we have a great crowd and a superb squad that has been left by him, far cry from what was left with him when he took over. As a fan of this club and proud, I thought that our fans where better than treating people like that, we are a friendly club and a well respected club for our fans. We are not Leeds fans, or Birmingham fans, we are Norwich fans and we are better than that.To summarise really, i want to say thank you Nigel for everything you have done, the highs and the lows its been a fantastic 6 years. I wish you all the best in your next management job as there is no doubt that you will get another club wanting you.

Worthy was a good manager for the club.  Unfortunately there are some very happy "supporters" of Norwich City who have seen their witch hunt succeed.  You got what you wanted, there are a lot of you that should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves.

Best of  luck Nige - just had a text from a West Brom mate who said he would love to see you there.

I haven''t seen the Sky interview yet, but I don''t need to. I already knew that Nigel is a genuine and likeable man who didn''t deserve the abuse he received for the past few months. A victim of his own success in many ways. He raised everybodies expectations and unfortunately couldn''t keep it going.

Thank you Mr. Worthington, and good luck.

Thanks Nigel, for the first few years, I am sure however, that the last two and a bit seasons were in retrospect not all of your making, you didn''t always get the supposed support of the board and the statement (a la ultimatum) should never have happened. 

You are obviously a proud loyal man and I wish you well at your next club. Good luck in the future.

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

I would also like to add that i was

extremely impressed with the interview he has given sky sports news. It

just confirms whta i already believed that Nigel Wortthington is a

good, honest manager who perhaps is too nice at times. The way he

refued to blame anyone, and praised the fans etc made him appear a true

gentlemen.

Once again thank you nigel and good luck.

[/quote]

I agree, Nigel Worthington''s dignified response to the questions posed

to him was of great credit to him. I hope our next manager enjoys

similar qualities. Thank you Nigel Worthington, & good luck

Worthy made me feel guilty for all the ''Worthy Out'' protests I took part in, in his sky interview >.< I hope thats not what he intended to do. lol

A sad comment.We all know he had to go but give the man some credit for his past record.Were you not chanting his name in the good times, everyone else was, or were you not around then? Most real fans will acknowledge what he did for us and also recognise that he passed his sell by date quite a long time ago.

Good Luck Nigel.

What is the future for our squad many of whome have dishonoured the shirt over the past few weeks. Clearly he had lost the dressing room but the Board have really messed up. Who is advising them? I think Neil Doncaster needs to look at himself, the Mr Teflon image is becoming a bit tiring.  

[quote user="Dicky"]

Worthy was a good manager for the club.  Unfortunately there are some very happy "supporters" of Norwich City who have seen their witch hunt succeed.  You got what you wanted, there are a lot of you that should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves.

Best of  luck Nige - just had a text from a West Brom mate who said he would love to see you there.

[/quote]

Dicky, do u believe that sacking Nigel was for the good of Norwich City?

and do u feel that the way we have played since the international break was acceptable for a promotion hopeful side?

do u not agree that the away record under Worthington was a joke? and do u feel that the MAJORITY of the fans wanting him out were on a witch hunt?

and ur mate wont be saying that in 18 months time should Worthy end up there

jas :)

Just wanted to say thanks for the good times that you gave us, not many but thanks.

Hopefully we can all start cheering the team again, and get behind whoever becomes new manager.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

A sad comment.We all know he had to go but give the man some credit for his past record.Were you not chanting his name in the good times, everyone else was, or were you not around then? Most real fans will acknowledge what he did for us and also recognise that he passed his sell by date quite a long time ago.

Good Luck Nigel.

What is the future for our squad many of whome have dishonoured the shirt over the past few weeks. Clearly he had lost the dressing room but the Board have really messed up. Who is advising them? I think Neil Doncaster needs to look at himself, the Mr Teflon image is becoming a bit tiring.  

[/quote]

just more hypocracy....the man if he had any decency should have fell on his sword months ago,but hung on to get the big final payoff.

i was one who called for him to go but i would like to say thanks for what he did the first four years. it would have been better if he had gone when things started to go wrong but after hearing him on sky tonight i can honestly say that he has gone with great dignity. the words he said about everyone connected with the club are a credit to him. i wish him all the best for the future but please if this situation ever arises for you again nigel dont be so stubborn!!!

Thanks for the good times Worthy.

I will look back at Cardiff, Promotion, Huckerby, Attendances rising, a far larger fanbase, amazing home and away atmospheres (Circa 01-04), a bit of stability. Things have gone a bit sour since, and its a damn shame.

However no fan can deny they werent chanting his name at the promotion parade, and at Cardiff. Flicking on the 03/04 season DVD always brings back great memories. So im sure even the most ardent Worthy Haters can find it in them to thank him for the good times. And although it isnt much, the club as a whole is in a far better state than when he joined.

And although some people may disagree, he seems like a very honest bloke. And I wish him luck in his next job (Assuming it isnt West Brom or someone similar!)

Now please lets get back to supporting our team, and get us back up to the premier!

[quote user="Dicky"]

[/quote]

The next chapter for Norwich City Football Club starts here and we can now ALL get behind the team and give the sort of support it has been used over the last few years. Thanks you very much Nigel and i will always remember the brilliant times you have brought us, But today is a very good day to be a City supporter as we can now move on.

Good luck nigel, wherever you go.

[quote user="nolegs"]well done yellow fever,up to your post i was gagging on the hypocracy.[/quote]

I think they wil be asking for him back soon - or having a wip round!

I''d just like to add my thanks, Nigel, for the good times we have had during your time as manager. The first 3 years was an amazing experience which sadly soured in and after our Premiership season.

The Play-off final, winning the league by a mile, beating Man Utd at Carrow Road, all magnificent moments and some of the best in my time as a supporter, so I thank you, but also not forgetting one of my personal favourites which made me very, very happy...

Top of the league at Portman Road!

Cheers Nigel

I too would just like to add my best wishes: Thank you Nigel for all your hard work and for everything that you have done for this football club, in my eyes you wont be forgotten easily. All the best for the future, JP

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]sure, credit where its due, but no one can rest on past glories.  i hope he succeeds in his next job.
[/quote]

Good luck in your next position Nigel and feel free to take Doherty, Fleming, Robinson, Hughes, Thorne, and Dublin with you, not to mention Livermore and Webb.

I no longer have to stand with my arms folded on the touchline and show good work ethic and lots of passion.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I refuse to be a hypocrite, I never liked Worthy, and I''m glad to see the back of him at last.[/quote]

Then feel free to start your own thread Wiz. 

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I refuse to be a hypocrite, I never liked Worthy, and I''m glad to see the back of him at last.[/quote]

Cast your mind back 2 or 3 weeks and I''m sure you''ll agree that''s not exactly true Wiz....

Well said. I needed a bucket after that post-sacking tripe. Don''t tell me some of you are still under the spin spell?