A K Narey

Congratulations to 1p5wich

Nobody despises 1p5wich more than me but they do deserve their promotion. 

The League table does not lie at this stage of the season. They deserve their day in the sun.

Just hope that we can join them via the play-offs and a glorious day out at Wembley.

OTBC 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Aye, when you think they've had a result that breaks their momentum, they came back. And in matches, when you think they're in trouble, they come back. Hate to bloody say it, but they will deserve it based on the other 44 games of the season that weren't against us.

They've shown a lot of resilience in their matches and during this season, and to finish ahead of that Leeds team as a promoted side is a very good effort.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Best season they've had in two decades and they lost to Maidstone and failed to beat us.

Lol.

I'm pretty sure they won't give a flying fcuk about that today...

2 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT BINNER! 😡

My first accusation of being a Binner!

I feel like I belong here now.

I first went to Carrow Road as a 9 year old in 1972 and have had a season ticket for over 40 years, but whatever...

😘

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Best season they've had in two decades and they lost to Maidstone and failed to beat us.

Lol.

They won't give a sh1t if it's 15 years and counting.

Just pray we win the play-offs otherwise kiss goodbye to our best players.

Fair play to their fans, great pitch invasion with the flares. Thats the way to do it. Our fans would be tutting and booing from the stands. Our last couple of promotions at Carrow Road have been cringeworthy affairs. Cameras panning to NFN's and pensioners clapping politely in their seats. Can't think of another set of fans who celebrate so timidly as the Carrow Road regulars.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

Just now, Keith Scott said:

Fair play to their fans, great pitch invasion with the flares. Thats the way to do it. Our fans would be tutting and booing from the stands. Our last couple of promotions at Carrow Road have been cringeworthy affairs. Cameras panning to NFN's and pensioners clapping politely in their seats. Can't think of another set of fans who celebrate so timidly as the Carrow Road regulars.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

15 years.

Nah. But now they have gone up there are records to be broken. 10-0 please somebody 

49 minutes ago, A K Narey said:

Nobody despises 1p5wich more than me but they do deserve their promotion. 

The League table does not lie at this stage of the season. They deserve their day in the sun.

Just hope that we can join them via the play-offs and a glorious day out at Wembley.

OTBC 

I despise them more than you!

• Confused 1

I feel sick about it to be honest. 

I remember coming on here months ago saying they'd 100% be going up and was told by many they'd fall out of the top 6. They've been relentless. Only losing 6 games all season is an incredible achievement. 

They look a bit like us under Lambert. Not great players but one or two who are the real deal and they have unbelievable spirit, fitness and belief. They'll struggle next year but so does everyone who goes up. Fair play to them, they've done better than I thought they would.

As has been said - it’s like their Lambert era. Fair play to them. Can’t help but be jealous. They’ll strengthen that squad. Whether it’s enough to stay up remains to be seen. But they’ll come down stronger if not. 

5 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

No.

It's not 'congratulations'.

Fair play. They earned it .. but it I wish it hadn't happened.

Indeed they deserve it, so now they’re up there shouldn’t the money go to all those businesses they owed money to when they chose to go bust?

No celebrating for all those businesses effect by them not paying the bills!

Let's be honest, going back-to-back like this with a group of players which, on paper, is nothing special is a phenomenal achievement. 

The way they've done it with lots of goals, especially late ones, and a group with incredible togetherness and belief is incredibly similar to what we saw with Lambert.

If this happened to any club other than Ipswich, we'd be giving them huge credit. But unfortunately it is them, so let's just hope they overspend on crap players and go down with 20 points.

• Like 2

Have they compensated the businesses and St John’s Ambulance service who they failed to honour previously?