cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread; Derby day*

Barnes off yes but Gibbs on? I guess that only works if you push Nunez or Sara up in support of Sarg.

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Anyone else a tiny bit tense? 😬

Just a tad, but borja is going to be decisive one way or the other...

• Like 1

Just keep kicking and gouging, lads. Just keep going.

Fu(king brilliant. Solid all round. Credit to every one of them  Not helped by the ref allowing them to pull Sarge to the floor all game long. How was that not a foul from Morsey!? 

Anyhow, 15 years and counting. OTBC, you love to see it. Have a great weekend all 🙂

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

And breathe.....

Kept a clean sheet, and against a team that hadn't been kept out since January. Along Come Norwich in the positive sense of the word.

EDIT: Now if Leicester and Watford can win their games, that should help us massively.

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 2

Immense performance all over the pitch. So few errors and all switched on for the full match. 

Brilliant!

An outstanding result. Felt we absolutely contained and dominated them in every area of the pitch. We'll look back on the 4 pts we got from them as crucial.

Fantastic. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Excellent result and excellent performance, deserved the win,  they didn't create much until the last 10 minutes, every player gave his all, onwards for the rest of the season, looking forward to singing "15 years".

And excellent support throughout!

Edited by Mr Angry

Posted (edited)

We did it! We beat them and also the ref, who did his best to keep the game interesting.

How the hell do they have 87 points or whatever it is? McKenna must be a genius, because man for man they are not very good (except for Davies, or is that Davis - can't be bothered to look it up). I'd say their level is roughly that of Bristol City or Swansea. Leicester and Leeds are miles ahead of them. Hard to understand why they're not also at least 20 points ahead of them.

Oh boy, a second bottle of wine is called for, I think! 

Edited by canarybubbles

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSS

• Like 1

Just now, canarybubbles said:

We did it! We beat them and also the ref, who did his best to keep the game interesting.

How the hell do they have 87 points or whatever it is? McKenna must be a genius, because man for man they are not very good (except for Davies, or is that Davis - can't be bothered to look it up). I'd say their level is roughly that of Bristol City or Swansea Leicester and Leeds are miles ahead of them. Hard to understand why they're not also at least 20 points ahead of them.

Ipswich have only managed to win once or twice all season against teams in the top six.

They play well against midtable and lower sides but soon as they play a decent side they crumble.

• Like 1

Just now, canarybubbles said:

How the hell do they have 87 points or whatever it is? McKenna must be a genius, because man for man they are not very good (except for Davies, or is that Davis - can't be bothered to look it up). I'd say their level is roughly that of Bristol City or Swansea Leicester and Leeds are miles ahead of them. Hard to understand why they're not also at least 20 points ahead of them.

+18.1 xg is a big part of the reason. Credit where it is due, McKenna is a star manager in he making, but, we did them today

I wonder if @ricardo will be able to cycle home in a straight line after that ?

Looking forward to his report already. 

• Like 2

The better team won - could have had 3/4 on another day.

Ipswich aren't all that, are they. 🤔