Spillay

They really are pathetic..

Every club has idiots, but this incident seem pretty low.

Lets hope he is okay.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

That's not much to do with either the club or ITFC supporters in general, though. All clubs have such cretins, they exist in a society comprising the human race. The great unwashed will always be with us.

With many, if not most, of such individuals the source of such behaviour is background and upbringing and even lack of brains and therefore opportunity.

Most rise above such handicaps, some do not, and with football becoming a major part of their limited existence things easily assume obscene proportions. Alcohol etc. exacerbates it combines with the herd mentality. To become political, right wing measures (austerity) including the squeeze on youth clubs and other outlets has also been a major cause.

I, and almost all on this forum, detest that lot down the road to a greater or lesser extent and wish them the worst, but in reality it is harmless fun restricted to words and banter and part of the enjoyment of following a football team with enthusiasm. 

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I don’t buy the  “every team has idiots” routine. We all know that this would have involved more than a few- all watching and at best turning a blind eye. 

Find the cretin and report him to the club. Except of course ITFC condone throwing beer cans at 80 year olds so don’t expect much to happen. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Dock them 20 points and then the club would be more careful who they sell tickets to.

Would we also lose 20 points because of the moron who chucked a coin which hit an 11 year old girl in the away game at Coventry?

• Like 1

There will always be the odd idiot in every club in every ground in most sports who does something stupid. 

The trick is to get them singled out , punished and make it very public that they can find you and what will happen. 

Sounds like the man involved is on the mend which is of course the main thing.

• Like 1

Just expand the essex border. All mockney t**ts there anyway so makes sense. Can leave the rest of Suffolk though as half of them are City anyway 😉

5 minutes ago, Canario said:

Just expand the essex border. All mockney t**ts there anyway so makes sense. Can leave the rest of Suffolk though as half of them are City anyway 😉

Yeah, Small town in Essex 😁

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Would we also lose 20 points because of the moron who chucked a coin which hit an 11 year old girl in the away game at Coventry?

Indeed and it's worth noting that a glance at TWTD shows unanimous condemnation of he / they involved. That said, there.is also some concern at the antics of this Blue Action group set up this season I believe for purposes of whipping up atmosphere and look as if they are copying the 'Ultra' trend. Seems that some younger Ipswich idiots feel they now have free licence to cause trouble by integrating with said group.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

I only suggested it as they would then be above us on goal difference alone.

Posted (edited)

Hopefully some of the Ipswich fans around the culprit will tip off the police as to the culprit. The individual concerned needs an ABH/GBH charge on them; they could have killed him with a head injury.

If they don't then they are collectively responsible for helping the perpetrator get away with it.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

Indeed and it's worth noting that a glance at TWTD shows unanimous condemnation of he / they involved. That said, there.is also some concern at the antics of this Blue Action group set up this season I believe for purposes of whipping up atmosphere and look as if they are copying the 'Ultra' trend. Seems that some younger Ipswich idiots feel they now have free licence to cause trouble by integrating with said group.

Yeah I was reading the same on there. Seems to be a group of little jumped up idiots who can't handle a few pints or the white stuff, all dressed in the same clothes and haircut. Modern day society, unfortunately.

I’ve been saying it for years but when oh when are we going to annex Suffolk and suppress the local population?

Let's be honest Ipswich fans aren't bad for this sort of stuff and this is an isolated incident. Bad look for their club, but you can't judge them all by this standard.

21 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I’ve been saying it for years but when oh when are we going to annex Suffolk and suppress the local population?

Where's the Danes when you need em?

• Like 1

There have been isolated incidents with our fans being attacked. Away fans in my mind are foot soldiers for the club. I’d like to see genuine casualties (victims) being supported by the club, in a tangible way e.g Free seas ticket, hospitality etc. I noticed on this thread a fellow Cardiff fan offered gifts. I think there should be some policy on this, to formalise the subtle responsibility that the club has, and I don’t see this as undermining individual responsibility or negating personal generosity. A form of pastoral care. 

12 minutes ago, MC_NCFC said:

Shocking behaviour and talk on some of the Cardiff forums of joining our Derby in April for some payback. Not sure I’d travel half the breadth of the country but they are not very happy and of course have a fan base that don’t tend to take prisoners 

That's about the state of it. Some innocent town fan gets attacked simply because a cretin from a support who are not known for trouble decided to hit a pensioner in Cardiff.

Whilst that act is disgusting, it is not right to castigate their whole fan base over it. 

1 hour ago, East Rider said:

That's about the state of it. Some innocent town fan gets attacked simply because a cretin from a support who are not known for trouble decided to hit a pensioner in Cardiff.

Whilst that act is disgusting, it is not right to castigate their whole fan base over it. 

Yes, but, it also seems to be a growing trend with a lot of clubs, but I seem more aware of it with Ipswich. Perhaps it's just because of who we are so we are more aware of their tin pot attempts at playing ultras, but, seeing them with their cringe marching behind the flag and blue flares antics is not putting the fan base as a whole in a good light...

8 hours ago, MC_NCFC said:

Shocking behaviour. 

Tell you what, don't mess with Cardiff, growing up in South London in the late 70s I witnessed their "passion"

They view every away game as an invasion, (except Swansea)..... coming to England is an opportunity for revenge, not sure why but they were always really "up for it"

..... of course, Millwall were always happy to accommodate them.....

18 hours ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

I only suggested it as they would then be above us on goal difference alone.

And if Sainz hadn’t been sent off at Boro…

Auntie, uncle, b*****ks etc.

In my experience, Cardiff fans are no angels; in fact, I can't think of another set of fans who are so aggressive apart from Millwall at their place and the Serbian fans at Wembley who were just manic.