Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Borjas red card overturned!

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

A  very pleasant surprise.😁👍

On one hand it shouldn’t be Ricardo as it was a clear as day it wasn’t violent conduct. However I suspect you are in the same cynical old búggers club that I am and fully expected the wagons to be circled around their own! 

It was an awful decision . Madley probably  bought a raffle ticket off Howson after the game. He bought everything else . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 2

Great news and have to say I'm shocked they had the balls to do what needed to be done. Should give us a real lift on Saturday and hopefully fans will be fired up by the injustice of it all.

• Like 2

****ing absolutely right decision. Madley needs dropping again. Wonder what Carrick says now! 

But! And it's a big but. The implosion after the sending off needs to be thoroughly reviewed by the club. We cannot afford to suffer that kind of mental switch off again.

• Like 5

Just now, shefcanary said:

****ing absolutely right decision. Madley needs dropping again. Wonder what Carrick says now! 

But! And it's a big but. The implosion after the sending off needs to be thoroughly reviewed by the club. We cannot afford to suffer that kind of mental switch off again.

We're not good enough to play with a man down for an hour against anyone in this league.

I dont think it needs reviewing beyond that

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ricardo said:

You were wrong Ricardo but....... so was I ! I didn't think it was a red card but expected the FA to 'stand by their man. And, by the way, what an unpleasant man he is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Not sure I want to go to Carrow Rd tomorrow, Norwich Canary said he will be running around the ground naked.......that is one sight I do not want to witness.............

Zoom lens required? 

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

GIJeDwsXMAAjVc5?format=jpg&name=large

Maybe you can apologise now for all the s*** you gave him Wednesday night, your comments even had binners on here taking the p*** at our club

36 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Hopefully those writing articles about Sainz and his temperament, will apologise. 

Shocking by both madley and Howson. A pox on them both.... 

Now time to forget and move on.

Starting with @cambridgeshire canary who started 3 threads condemning him, on top of his comments in the match thread.

Still does not excuse the way we totally crumbled after the sending off 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

yep he has, started 3 of the last 5

Ah. Nailed on to score a last minute winner then.

Had forgotten he scored against us when they beat us on the away game.

Posted (edited)

I hope all you morons slagging off Borja the other night will now shut the **** up?

What happens to Madeley? That decision was so bad I genuinely think he should be sacked.

Edited by Ken Hairy
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Absolutely this. The only thing I can think is that they looked at it and decided he didn't kick out at all, because these decisions are usually black and white. Great result for common sense.  Madley and Howson need to look at themselves though, although after Howson's comments, it is clear he will be laughing because he essentially did a job on us to turn the game.  Cheating won that game, although our response to the predicament was fairly pathetic.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

All the “gave the ref a decision to make” folk will be guzzling their humble pie. So quick to condemn one of our own. School grass types, the lot of’em. 

*Lights celebratory cig behind the bike shed. 

You are Wynnie and I claim my £5z

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Agreed . The idiots slating Borja should give up their seats for people who bother to learn the laws. 

I'd imagine the queue to fill those seats will be very, very short

Can we now sue the referee for loss of earnings if we miss the play-offs, because of his incompetence?

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

F*CK YOU BOBBY MADLEY EVERYONE YOU TOUCH GET'S DIABETES

59 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I think others will disagree but i'm with you on this, embarrassing. 

I most certainly do…..not only is there shouty font and errant apostrophy in the original post then the cardinal sin of a lower case ‘ i ‘ in the reply.

Disgraceful 😂

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And to think prior to the match Howson could have got a free pint anywhere in the City..

Not sure he's going to be allowed over the Norfolk border anytime soon now!

If we miss out on the playoffs by three points or less, I think people will be collecting pitchforks and torches on their way to Middlesbrough.

41 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

On one hand it shouldn’t be Ricardo as it was a clear as day it wasn’t violent conduct. However I suspect you are in the same cynical old búggers club that I am and fully expected the wagons to be circled around their own! 

It was an awful decision . Madley probably  bought a raffle ticket off Howson after the game. He bought everything else . 

Indeed, having seen them do it so many times before.

A pleasant change to see justice exercised fairly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

All the “gave the ref a decision to make” folk will be guzzling their humble pie. So quick to condemn one of our own. School grass types, the lot of’em. 

*Lights celebratory cig behind the bike shed. 

I missed the incident itself and was influenced by the accounts of people whose judgement I normally trust, but I must say that as soon as I saw footage of what happened I couldn't believe he had been sent off.

So I guess the lesson is don't just go on other people's reports of what has happened; see for yourself.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We're not good enough to play with a man down for an hour against anyone in this league.

I dont think it needs reviewing beyond that

We ought to be good enough to survive more than thirteen minutes, though. Basic tenet of professionalism is to control what you can control. On Weds night we couldn't do anything about Howson's actions or Madley's incompetence, but we could control how we reacted and we failed. We should be addressing that, just in the spirit of always trying to get better.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And to think prior to the match Howson could have got a free pint anywhere in the City..

Not sure he's going to be allowed over the Norfolk border anytime soon now!

No, he should be hauled to Carrow Rd, have his eyes taped open and be made to watch Waveney run round the pitch.

Is there a worse punishment ? 😀

Edited by ......and Smith must score.
  • Haha 1