Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Borjas red card overturned!

21 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I hope all you morons slagging off Borja the other night will now shut the **** up?

What happens to Madeley? That decision was so bad I genuinely think he should be sacked.

Well, Richard Madeley is a complete waste of a good yank and well past his sell-by date so I agree, he should be sacked.

• Haha 1

Outstanding news. Really felt our season would have been over if the red had stood. As it is, we can fire up John Cleese again.

Understand those railing against the criticism of Sainz, but I'm afraid I still think some of it is valid. He does allow opponents to wind him up, he'd already reacted to Ayling's tackle and if he gets a reputation, it's just going to increase the chances of it happening again. As I said in the post above, we should always be looking to improve all aspects of our players, coaching and overall set-up, and this an aspect of Borja's game he needs to improve. I'm sure he can do it, in much the same way Emi did, and I hope the club is working with him on it.

• Like 2

What a surprise.

And as I suspected, half our fans really need to get their eyes tested.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Absolutely this. The only thing I can think is that they looked at it and decided he didn't kick out at all, because these decisions are usually black and white. Great result for common sense.  Madley and Howson need to look at themselves though, although after Howson's comments, it is clear he will be laughing because he essentially did a job on us to turn the game.  Cheating won that game, although our response to the predicament was fairly pathetic.

Quite so. 

I think Bobby Madley now takes on the mantle of worst referee since Simon Hooper.

A disgrace of a referee. All he was interested in was where the throw ins should have been played from. He missed two very poor tackles and was literally standing 5 yards away, maybe 6, with no player impeding his view and watched Howson lunge through the back of Sainz. 

As for Howson, he never was at home with us and Webber had to comment on how unprofessional he had been. A rare thing in football. He has ruined his reputation with us twice. Another despicable player I'm afraid.

Just now, Robert N. LiM said:

Understand those railing against the criticism of Sainz, but I'm afraid I still think some of it is valid. He does allow opponents to wind him up, he'd already reacted to Ayling's tackle and if he gets a reputation, it's just going to increase the chances of it happening again. As I said in the post above, we should always be looking to improve all aspects of our players, coaching and overall set-up, and this an aspect of Borja's game he needs to improve. I'm sure he can do it, in much the same way Emi did, and I hope the club is working with him on it.

If I was one of the fans who criticised Sainz as a result of this decision, I'd be making apologies right now rather than weaselly justifications.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Well, Richard Madeley is a complete waste of a good yank and well past his sell-by date so I agree, he should be sacked.

I thought he’d run his final Countdown ?

Bobby Madley on the other hand….

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

47 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Zoom lens required? 

Don't think they've made one powerful enough yet!

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Does anything happen to the referees when they're shown to have screwed up as badly as this?

They'll be shuffled sideways to less demanding fixtures for a while - probably even three or four matches as the 4th official.

How stupid do certain columnists feel now about hanging Borja out.  Hang your heads in shame! We need his feisty spark and he has far more self control than Emi ever had at this stage.
Howson revealed as a cheat! Madley revealed again as incompetent. 

• Like 1

Always expect the unexpected I guess

I honestly never thought in a million years it’d be overturned. Ref must feel a right Wally now lol, can’t wait to see him at Carrie Road next, sure he’ll get a good reception!

5 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Who is that poster running round naked tomorrow from this scenario? Hope it’s not too cold

5 hours ago, norwich canary said:

I will run round the carra naked on Saturday if that gets overturned 

not a cat in hells chance 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Does anything happen to the referees when they're shown to have screwed up as badly as this?

To be fair, the FA are always running on about how they want to cut out simulation ( cheating ) and one of the ways they suggested was bans after simulation was proved. They have missed an ideal opportunity to ban Howson for 3 games !

Bet if they did that Carrick who never saw anything, would suddenly be saying ‘ you can’t do that ‘ ‘ He didn’t do anything ‘.

What this will however do is move VAR closer to the championship.

40 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Agreed . The idiots slating Borja should give up their seats for people who bother to learn the laws. 

I'd imagine the queue to fill those seats will be very, very short

Should we not be asking the EFL for the game to be replayed with eleven against eleven for ninety minutes?

• Like 1

The right decision - we/he were more than punished enough by him missing the last hour, not that this will have been considered.

He does have a side to him that he definitely needs help to control, though.

Posted (edited)

I will run round the carra naked on Saturday if that gets overturned 

not a cat in hells chance 

@norwich canary the ball is in your court now. Or should that be balls?

Edited by The Bunny

19 minutes ago, ridgeman said:

Should we not be asking the EFL for the game to be replayed with eleven against eleven for ninety minutes?

Shouldn’t it be 10 v 11 with Howson sent off ?

• Like 2

Just now, Well b back said:

Shouldn’t it be 10 v 11 with Howson sent off ?

and it should be just an hour, with us 1-0 up

• Like 2

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I missed the incident itself and was influenced by the accounts of people whose judgement I normally trust, but I must say that as soon as I saw footage of what happened I couldn't believe he had been sent off.

So I guess the lesson is don't just go on other people's reports of what has happened; see for yourself.

You really are hilarious. Comedy gold. 

25 minutes ago, ridgeman said:

Email - enquiries@efl.com 

One of these days all order on the pitch will be lost, but then again that would need VAR to change things.

However, can you imagine if that incident happened on the last game of the season, if it was in our hands and the team below were winning ? With those extremes ( say it was a team in 2nd place ) would a team walk off the pitch ?. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ridgeman said:

Email - enquiries@efl.com 

As fans, we should maybe flood them with emails. On top of everything else Howson has been caught red handed ( excuse the pun ) blatantly cheating. Surely if nothing else can be done at least give him a 3 match ban. 

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

As fans, we should maybe flood them with emails. On top of everything else Howson has been caught red handed ( excuse the pun ) blatantly cheating. Surely if nothing else can be done at least give him a 3 match ban. 

Done mine, here’s hoping others follow.

Hallelujah ! I was at Middlesbrough and our first thoughts were that Howson was the one going to be sent off. Bloody well should’ve been. We were in complete control so this doesn’t make up for the 3 points lost but at least Borja isn’t banned. We need him playing if we’re to make the playoffs. 
Really up for the playoff push ! Bring it on ! 
OTBC . 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ridgeman said:

Done mine, here’s hoping others follow.

And mine.

Dont expect a reply but I have asked why 1. Howson wasn’t given a retrospective red card for the tackle 2. Why Howson is not facing a ban for cheating, as per previous EFL and EPL statements, stating that simulation will clamped down on. 3. Why Madeley has not been demoted, or at least made to apologise.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Pockthorpe said:

Hallelujah ! I was at Middlesbrough and our first thoughts were that Howson was the one going to be sent off. Bloody well should’ve been. We were in complete control so this doesn’t make up for the 3 points lost but at least Borja isn’t banned. We need him playing if we’re to make the playoffs. 
Really up for the playoff push ! Bring it on ! 
OTBC . 

I also thought the red card was for Howson, on reflection I think, Howson should of been yellow carded and a free kick given to us.  I dont want to see 50/50 challenges disappear from the game. 

I do agree Howson caught the back of Borjas leg, but dont believe there was malicious intent.

Great to see the decision correctly overturned.

2 minutes ago, The Great Drinkell said:

I also thought the red card was for Howson, on reflection I think, Howson should of been yellow carded and a free kick given to us.  I dont want to see 50/50 challenges disappear from the game. 

I do agree Howson caught the back of Borjas leg, but dont believe there was malicious intent.

Great to see the decision correctly overturned.

On SKY the commentator called a red card for Howson and was astonished when he realised one was given for Saintz. 
Howson was out of control and both studs went into the thigh of Saintz ( knowing him he will be showing the fans the marks tomorrow ).

• Like 2

As per another thread, what are the EFL on ? They have appointed Madeley to the Coventry Watford game one of our playoff rivals. That could go seriously wrong