cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Smoggies V Canaries*

Letting that in before half time might turn out to be a good thing. Full on chase now. This result is key .... 

Howson is a disgrace. If we don’t successfully appeal that, I’ll be amazed

• Like 2

We have this amazing ability to self destruct.

Just got to forget tonight, move on to Saturday and hope the loss of another wide player doesn't affect t us too much. 

Disgusting refereeing performance just disgusting, that decision is simply cheating. 

Why should the Championship put up with refs sacked off by the Premier for being incompetent???

Can't watch anymore, we're not allowed to get anything from this.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

We only have ourselves to blame. He definitely lifted his leg, made contact and he has previous.

Easy decision for the ref

Silly boy

You’re hallucinating. There was virtually no contact, certainly no intent

Just now, Gordon Bennett said:

We have this amazing ability to self destruct.

Just got to forget tonight, move on to Saturday and hope the loss of another wide player doesn't affect t us too much. 

Lost all of our wide pace. Unfortunately. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

10 men or not we have crumbled.

Can see another red coming. 

Yep. We have still conceded two terrible goals. Utter sh1te defence. You can't blame being down to 10 men on that. Lost concentration in a game where we were so comfortable.

As for Madley he is a massive tw4t. Always has been and always will be. He let two bad Boro tackles go with no card well before that. All he is interested in seems to be where throw ins are taken.

Edited by sonyc

FFS.

First thirty mins were the best I've seen us play this season. Then brainless petulance from Sainz. 

But after the red, it has to be said we've played really poorly, just gone to pieces. I completely accept it's hard to play for an hour against ten, but there's enough experience in that side to be able to regroup and hold out for 15 mins against a team completely devoid of confidence. Really poor from the old heads in the team. 

Goreham said as they went off that they feel hard done by by the decision. But that's unprofessional. Get on with it. Complain afterwards.

This team is so frustrating

• Like 6

Very harsh red but from then we've completely crumbled. Another away defeat. This team is so soft, no fight in them. Sainz out for 4 games. Top 6 as good as done I'm afraid.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

I was saying earlier that the only two good things about Middlesbrough were Jonny Howson and the band Benefits. 

Benefits, the crown is yours now. 

Ok so he has been sent off but we have completely crumbled since then - I have seen teams win with 10 men but we dont have a clue

9 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

We only have ourselves to blame. He definitely lifted his leg, made contact and he has previous.

Easy decision for the ref

Silly boy

You're not being serious surely???? That was a disgusting decision,  just pure cheating 

You've got to feel for the team/the fans/Wagner here. We were completely dominant and through nobody's fault except the ref/Borja it has gone out of the window.

Certainly not a red card, utterly stupid by the ref and it should be noted that for a red the ref must see and be in no doubt!

That said, Barnes got lucky and we just can’t defend, McLean isn’t as effective in midfield as he is when he plays at the back. Really poor defending for both goals!

Gibson drawn to the ball like a **** to ****. If he had stayed with his man that goal wouldn’t have happened.  

2 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Not a red card. The goals were not down to being a player down. It is all in the head.

Nah both were down to really poor defending watching them back! We just can’t defend when the pressure is on!

• Like 1

Goreham now saying it looks like a red. If we appeal and fail the ban is increased to 5 games!

5 match ban if you fail the appeal, based on the river I'm watching the replays were **** & it's hard to tell if there is any intent. 

3 minutes ago, tricky974 said:

Not even a yellow

Spot on, however because of the slight movement and the cheat that is Johnny Howson, I can’t see the panel not just supporting the referee.

This is the problem when refs have refereed with VAR they rely on VAR making the decision and when they have to do it themselves they are clueless. Had there have been VAR he would have given a yellow and let others decide if he was right.

8 minutes ago, Satriales said:

He was absolutely livid at the decision, saw him smash a water bottle to the ground. Understandable. 

Or he could have been livid at Sainz for doing it in the first place...

I've watched a replay of the red and I'm not so sure any more.

Sainz doesn't help himself- just no need for him to spin and throw his legs in the air like that, looks very unnatural. Saying that there isn't much of a 'kick out' if any. Issue is Sainz gives Howson a chance to react and then the ref a decision to make. Sainz isn't blameless but Howson is a **** for his reaction.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Adycakes said:

How the hell do we crumble like a wet cake when down to 10 men but other teams seem to manage against us just fine.

Unbelievably weak character to collapse like that from a position of dominance. Such a lack of mental strength. Boro were negative and bloody awful for thirty minutes, totally there for the taking, and now all of a sudden they've got a little boost and they're pinging it around in the penalty box at will.

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

Or he could have been livid at Sainz for doing it in the first place...

I imagine it is probably both. Angry and the decision, angry at Sainz for giving him a decision to make.

Well, what is it with Norwich? Since we went down to 10 men we have fallen apart. We seem to have lost the ability to pass to each other and as for our defending I cannot say. As a team we seem to have accepted a loss in this game. Wagner really needs to earn his wages now or this could get even more embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Goreham now saying it looks like a red. If we appeal and fail the ban is increased to 5 games!

I don't think an extra match is added automatically, only if the appeal is deemed 'frivolous'.

Posted (edited)

Just seen another angle and I think Goreham is right. He does stop, he then puts his foot up. He probably realises what he's doing and doesn't kick but it's stupid. Howson sold it though that's for sure.

Edited by KeiranShikari