On 04/02/2024 at 09:13, CANARYKING said:

We really missed Jonny Rowe yesterday, I can’t see what Fassnacht brings to the team, love to know how many times he actually touched the ball.

Can you see it now? 

• Haha 5

Far better than people realise - he’s not your jinky-runs winger, he’s far more solid and has a great knack of being in the right place - 6 goals vs none for Onel kind-of tells a story.

22 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He's a right oddity. Does not really seem to do much, has no real pace or strength and yet..

Just loves to pop up and score from time to time

He’s more like a wide striker/10 than a winger.

He’s a clever and tidy player with a great finish and a knack of getting in good positions.

Does the defensive work well, but he doesn’t have electric pace or the desire to get chalk on his boots. In fact he often does the opposite and drifts centrally.

He’s just a different type of option.

• Like 1

Agree with all of the above, Onel is exciting, passionate, great to watch and has very little end product. Fass does nothing all game to be visible and then just pops up and scores. So weird.

He's fine. Much better suited as a super sub to take advantage of tired defenders leaving spaces than a starter 

To be honest he needs goals because he does precious little else. 

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Can you see it now? 

Always happy to be proved wrong. Thought he was a bit rubbish but he now seems to have a useful knack of being in the right place at the right time!

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Chocolate teapot for most of the time, Robert Earnshaw frequently.

Loved Earnshaw playing for us. Quality (in my opinion)

Fassnacht is an intelligent player and will get better as the season progresses I feel. More to come from him (although I believe that was his 6th goal this season today)

• Like 1

He looks about 52, but fair play to him for doing a decent job when called upon. 🫡

Apples

• Haha 1

I think he had a really good cameo today. Certainly more than just popping up in the right place, he did an awful lot of work for his goal.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

He looks about 52, but fair play to him for doing a decent job when called upon. 🫡

Apples

As a 52 year old I'm not sure how to take this comment.😂

Anyway, if he can do more of this please....

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

He's like the anti-Onel. All end product.

Just need to combine the two!

He seems to be getting to grips with things and coming into some form at the right time. Certainly has an instinct for scoring a few. Not a natural wide player in my view due to lack of pace but a useful option to come on anywhere across the front 4 or 5. 

4 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

He's like the anti-Onel. All end product.

8 laughing reactions….thats a landslide 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

8 laughing reactions….thats a landslide 

You don't need luck when you've got 80% of the Barclay behind you

• Haha 1

I dare say he's another that looks better now that we seemed to have balanced attack & defence. Definitely a player for the opposition box instead of your own.

One of the biggest problems through the bad run (and even some of the not-so-bad runs) was that our players spent very little time in and around the opposition box. Lovely to see that coming around.

6 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Always happy to be proved wrong. Thought he was a bit rubbish but he now seems to have a useful knack of being in the right place at the right time!

Maybe time to resurrect last season’s song about some American striker. ‘We thought he was ****e, but now he’s alright’