How many people on here think that the recent performances / results make a genuine difference to Wagner taking this lot away to Portaloo Road next week?

And what score in your opinion would warrant Wagner being sacked? 

Personally I’ve seen nothing to suggest that we’ve improved in recent games, despite the upturn in results. 
I still expect a heavy defeat. And I’d have already sacked him by now, but should we lose that game by more than 3 he should almost certainly be gone by CoP that day. 

• Like 1

The way we are playing at the moment, they will destroy us. They attack with speed through the middle and counter well, so even if we do get any pressure they're still a threat. I don't think we have the players to stop them now, and Wagner tactically is simply no match for their guy. Sargent maybe would have given them something to think about, and Rowe could if he gave a t++s, but defensively we don't have a prayer.

I would never "settle" for any kind of defeat at Portman Road, but if you gave me a fighting draw I'd take it.

Our only chance is that Man Utd sack their manager and steal McKenna before next weekend. But even then, I suspect they'd still do us.

They look unstoppable and have a 21 point cushion over us, even 7 points over the playoff places. It just shows no sign of stopping or slowing down. 

I would absolutely take a draw, because it's looking like we are going to get slaughtered. 

The pressure is all on Ipswich. Their fans will be fully expecting a victory ,heightened by years of  failure in the match up. Town need the points with Leeds behind them and with some tough fixtures to come.

Edited by MORDENCANARY
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I don't understand the question...

Question is whether recent performances have improved - and enough to avoid getting beaten by the binners. 

And if we do get beaten by the binners what margin should warrant dismissal of Wagner. 

15 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

They look unstoppable and have a 21 point cushion over us, even 7 points over the playoff places. It just shows no sign of stopping or slowing down. 

I would absolutely take a draw, because it's looking like we are going to get slaughtered. 

And 18pts from 7th so on playoffs nearly guaranteed 

Edited by daz

Just now, Number9 said:

Play Kenny at cb 😉

Should have been playing Warner in recent games. Get more of a feel of whether he’s ready - including for a derby game. 

• Thanks 1

All good things come to an end and we’re, potentially, at the end of our unbeaten run. It’s been a pleasure gents, a real pleasure to share the last 14 years with you all. It’s sad that it’s come to this, and I salute all of you going to Portman Road. Let’s hope for a @hogesar ****house. I fear it’ll be more of a massacre however. Our team of individuals don’t seem to have the skill or character to dig deep for this one.

• Like 5

Wagner could lose 10-0 and he wouldn’t lose a wink of sleep

he looks like a goat at a petting zoo, he hasn’t got a clue what’s going on. Oblivious.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

All good things come to an end and we’re, potentially, at the end of our unbeaten run. It’s been a pleasure gents, a real pleasure to share the last 14 years with you all. It’s sad that it’s come to this, and I salute all of you going to Portman Road. Let’s hope for a @hogesar ****house. I fear it’ll be more of a massacre however. Our team of individuals don’t seem to have the skill or character to dig deep for this one.

Keep the faith brother! Can't you imagine it Danke? Weather the storm for 90 minutes and then sneak one at the death? Idah off the bench, is fed a beautiful first time ball by Argos. The Irish Ibrahimović beats three men and then spanks it into the top corner! Could it happen? Who knows! But I'll tell you what I do know - this acid is f*cking amazing.

OTBC

• Haha 1

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Keep the faith brother! Can't you imagine it Danke? Weather the storm for 90 minutes and then sneak one at the death? Idah off the bench, is fed a beautiful first time ball by Argos. The Irish Ibrahimović beats three men and then spanks it into the top corner! Could it happen? Who knows! But I'll tell you what I do know - this acid is f*cking amazing.

OTBC

If I send you my postcode can you get it to me special delivery by next Saturday?? :  D

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

OTBC

I’m hoping McKenna in the second half of the season does a Paul and ****s off pulling the ultimate magic trick of disappearing into oblivion aka the Premier League (I know that’s pretty good, and I assume you’re of the vintage to remember Paul McKenna so you can have that one to impress your friends).

• Like 1

I have my optomistic hat on at 1-1

my other realistic hat is at 2-0 to scum

No confidece in wat I watced today. Sideways. Sideways. Back. 
Idah is a statue. 

20 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Ipswich and Leicester are up. Hopefully they will all go on the píss. 

Well the hope is Ipswich go up and become the first team in league history to score nil points.

That would make this year.all worth it 

• Like 2

I dont think Wagner knows what our derby is, or means. 

I just think his tactics and our players wont rise to the occasion and sadly theyll beat us.

I want us to do well but its impossible to see that under Wagner, and we need a fresh start, even if it takes Ipswich beating us to open our deluded Boards eyes. Hopefully Knapper will then act

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

I dont think Wagner knows what our derby is, or means. 

I just think his tactics and our players wont rise to the occasion and sadly theyll beat us.

I want us to do well but its impossible to see that under Wagner, and we need a fresh start, even if it takes Ipswich beating us to open our deluded Boards eyes. Hopefully Knapper will then act

once we start playing the better teams in the league Wagner will be shown up once again sadly 

• Like 1

Preston were awful today. We’ve actually had a decent run against poor teams and yielded respectable points haul. Sheff Wed is must win, though.

Than the Derby. There’s nothing in the above run that gives me any ounce of confidence we’ll get close to anything from them. I honestly don’t think I can watch it…

• Like 1

One game at a time. If we can't beat Sheff Wed then I don't think Wagner should be in charge against the binners. I'm looking at the bigger picture now and I honestly can't see what Wagner gives us. Realistically as much as I'd love a point or more at binland we aren't going to get it. They would need a significantly below par performance and we would need our best performance of the season, probably just to get a point. It's just another match and we need to start building for the future.

44 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

One game at a time. If we can't beat Sheff Wed then I don't think Wagner should be in charge against the binners. I'm looking at the bigger picture now and I honestly can't see what Wagner gives us. Realistically as much as I'd love a point or more at binland we aren't going to get it. They would need a significantly below par performance and we would need our best performance of the season, probably just to get a point. It's just another match and we need to start building for the future.

Well said. Very true. 

4 hours ago, S_81 said:

I am -still hoping for a heavy defeat. And I’d have already sacked him by now, but hopefully we will lose that game by more than 3 he should almost certainly be gone by CoP that day. 

There, fixed it for you.

To answer the OP’s questions. 

1. No. The recent results are nothing more than deceptive. What bothers me the most is how disjointed the team became after a few injuries. The team was looking to stomp this league at the beginning of the season. Some could say that the injuries to a few key players is what has caused the disfunction, and to a degree I would agree. But the players train together, study together and play together, so why such a painful level of disjointedness during the games?

2. For me, an embarrassingly dominating  3-0 win by Ip5hit should be enough for Wagner to have to clean his desk out.

Edited by CirclePoint
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RobJames said:

There, fixed it for you.

Something really is wrong with you. The only thing you can fix for me is getting rid of Wagner. But even if you could I suspect you wouldn’t.