5 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Delia’s disciples told us it would be an easy 6 points this time last year if were to meet this season. I hope they’re brave enough to show their betting slips next weekend. 

Some were saying it at the start of this season when Binners were starting to appear on here as they sat at the top of the table with Leicester claiming that they would soon be in a relegation scrap. Those same posters have a retentive memory when it comes to digging out posters for things they have said from threads of yesteryear but selective memory has kicked in over their claims regarding how this season would pan out.

59 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

If you actually watch any of their games though or the highlights from their games they really don’t look that great. They are finding ways to win with great or lucky goals but they are not bossing many games and I don’t think they are as good as their results suggest. Everything has gone their way so far. Hopefully that changes next Saturday. 

I’m afraid that’s complete delusion.

14 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

This is a very good post and pretty much as I see it. Our only hope is to keep the back door shut early and then fluke the first goal. If that happens then (as you outline) one or two in blue could lose their heads and get sent off. Whether we would have the professional ability to manage the game out in that scenario is another matte entirely of course! 

On the subject of how the locals feel about the game, I have seen chatter suggesting an ambush of the NCFC team bus with blue flares and smoke bombs. Hopefully, the Suffolk Plod and NCFC will have done their homework and ensured said bus is well within the confines of the stadium a long, long time before kick off. If the natives can't get blood outside the ground, they will sure as hell want their team to do it on the pitch!

I know there is a welcome planned for the home bus but not heard anything about ambushing the NCFC team bus. I really hope some of our lot are not stupid enough to do this. Aside form the fact it could be dangerous, it is one surefire way to fire up the opposition players!

19 hours ago, S_81 said:

How many people on here think that the recent performances / results make a genuine difference to Wagner taking this lot away to Portaloo Road next week?

And what score in your opinion would warrant Wagner being sacked? 

Personally I’ve seen nothing to suggest that we’ve improved in recent games, despite the upturn in results. 
I still expect a heavy defeat. And I’d have already sacked him by now, but should we lose that game by more than 3 he should almost certainly be gone by CoP that day. 

I think we'll get beaten easily something like 4-0 which will be hard to take for us fans but Delia and Mike won't care too much its all part of the ups and downs of football to them. Their ambition or lack of it doesn't match ours i'm affraid.

22 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Some were saying it at the start of this season when Binners were starting to appear on here as they sat at the top of the table with Leicester claiming that they would soon be in a relegation scrap. Those same posters have a retentive memory when it comes to digging out posters for things they have said from threads of yesteryear but selective memory has kicked in over their claims regarding how this season would pan out.

I’ve got three days off and may do that digging. (Even though many already know who they are)

23 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I mean their defence is still pretty poor but rather similar to our promotion runs under Farke they are capable of outscoring the opposition which is something we seem to have forgotten how to do

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Delia has never made it secret that she likes Ipswich and that she thinks the Derby should not exist and how we should all be friends..

So you're still posting all over the forum but not replying, so I assume you literally made the above up for more online attention?

33 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Utterly.  They’re a team. A collective. And play with desire. And are well coached. They are everything we are not right now. When consider our salary bill vs theirs it’s even worse. 

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/21974709.delias-chant-tractor-boys/

doesn’t cover everything but give this a read 

Shhh he'll just claim your doing it for attention. That or claim you're 'not a real fan'

One of the two. I gave up trying with him ages ago. Imagine that, gate keeping on a forum meant for posting on. 'Waaa you can't post on here its only for me and my real fan buddies'

Really quite pathetic

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Shhh he'll just claim your doing it for attention. That or claim you're 'not a real fan'

One of the two. I gave up trying with him ages ago. Imagine that, gate keeping on a forum meant for posting on. 'Waaa you can't post on here its only for me and my real fan buddies'

Really quite pathetic

She’s deffo given it the “why can’t we all be friends” crap in the past.

Id personally like an owner who comes to a Derby game with green and yellow war paint on their faces not a flake like Delia.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Really quite pathetic

No where in that article did she say what you claimed though.

What's pathetic is a 40 year old bloke living in his mums annex posting attention seeking posts and making things up, on a regular basis, consistently demonstrating you've never been to a game in your life, trying to joke it off when people point out how f*cking stupid you are....

And to then go even further you've now made up another lie that I've said you can't post on here and I'm "gatekeeping" it?

I'd go further but I feel so f*cking sorry for you ill leave it there.

Just now, hogesar said:

What's pathetic is a 40 year old bloke living in his mums annex posting attention seeking posts and making things up, on a regular basis, consistently demonstrating you've never been to a game in your life, trying to joke it off when people point out how f*cking stupid you are....

And to then go even further you've now made up another lie that I've said you can't post on here and I'm "gatekeeping" it?

Firstly I'm not 40 and secondly my mothers dead and her house was sold years ago.

So yet again I have to remind you that you know nothing about me stop pretending you do. You're being really wierd.

Like why are you always so angry? Calm down. This is an Internet forum. It is made for Norwich fans to post things on. People are allowed to have thoughts and opinions and are allowed to post them on here.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Firstly I'm not 40 and secondly my mothers dead and her house was sold years ago.

So yet again I have to remind you that you know nothing about me stop pretending you do. You're being really wierd.

Like why are you always so angry? Calm down. This is an Internet forum. It is made for Norwich fans to post things on. People are allowed to have thoughts and opinions and are allowed to post them on here.

Everyone's allowed to have thoughts and opinions and post them.

Everyone shouldn't be allowed to lie on here for attention. Like you just did for the umpteenth time.

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Language! That’s worse than my blast at you for which I was reported. 

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

If you actually watch any of their games though or the highlights from their games they really don’t look that great. They are finding ways to win with great or lucky goals but they are not bossing many games and I don’t think they are as good as their results suggest. Everything has gone their way so far. Hopefully that changes next Saturday. 

Hope your right but even if your theory is correct they likely will have to much for us but I think if we can play at our best we can cause them problems!

1 hour ago, BlueHope76 said:

With all due respect, we are on 48 points after 20 games. You don' t win that many games by just being lucky or "everything going your way". We are certainly beatable and as I have said in my other post I do give you guys a real chance in the derby but you have to accept that we have a pretty good football team at this point, it is no longer just a good/lucky start. 

I didn’t say it was just luck. But when you have momentum things often seem to go your way and that has certainly been the case.  You should have been out of the game at Sunderland in the first match and had that happened I suspect your season would have played out rather differently. But it didn’t and we are where we are. I don’t think you are as good a side as your league position and results suggest though and think you will have a slump at some point soon. Hopefully starting this week. 

37 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I didn’t say it was just luck. But when you have momentum things often seem to go your way and that has certainly been the case.  You should have been out of the game at Sunderland in the first match and had that happened I suspect your season would have played out rather differently. But it didn’t and we are where we are. I don’t think you are as good a side as your league position and results suggest though and think you will have a slump at some point soon. Hopefully starting this week. 

If's buts and maybe's, had we lost to Sunderland etc....but we didn't. The team has shown consistency for a long time under McKenna now and also a resilience to bounce back from defeats. That being said, I am surprised at just how well we have done and I do expect us to run into a sticky patch at some point as every team does. I also still believe we will probably fall out of the top two eventually ( making you guys very happy i'm sure ) and despite the current position I will be more than happy with play offs for a first season back at this level.  

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Maybe your fans have some PTSD but not a single one of your current players nor your manager have any hangups as they've never played us before and are currently flying high and aiming for promotion. (God I feel ill saying that)

There's no way any of your players feel sick and get nervous. They have never played in a derby before and it means nothing to them

Jackson played in the last one for them! Yet again factually incorrect that no one has played in one for them 

5 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Whilst I admire your green and yellow view point, I completely disagree with this.

They have only lost two league games out of 20 so far this season and have the second best goal difference in the league. Their results over the 20 games in fact 100% says they are as good as it states (despite you, me and many others wishing it wasn't the case) and they have swept away, by one means or another, better teams than us already this campaign. 

Will this mean they easily win the game next weekend against us? Not so sure. Wagner is in no doubt we are unhappy with him and whilst their manager will probably just say it's only another game, I suspect he will have a different view on it. Especially if it keeps him in a job. Also, if the suggestion is true that they are going to 'welcome' our team coach, then I hope it happens as that if nothing else will galvanise our team and support.

Finally, the pressure is entirely and squarely on them. If we have learned anything over the last 20 years regarding itfc, it is that they do not cope well when the real pressure games are on!

8 hours ago, The Raptor said:

I'd lose the final just to **** them off even more. Come on Leeds. You can catch them

Would rather see Ipswich back in TP than Farke’s  Leeds

There fan’s really are a bunch of wasters

CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

21 minutes ago, East Rider said:

Whilst I admire your green and yellow view point, I completely disagree with this.

They have only lost two league games out of 20 so far this season and have the second best goal difference in the league. Their results over the 20 games in fact 100% says they are as good as it states (despite you, me and many others wishing it wasn't the case) and they have swept away, by one means or another, better teams than us already this campaign. 

Will this mean they easily win the game next weekend against us? Not so sure. Wagner is in no doubt we are unhappy with him and whilst their manager will probably just say it's only another game, I suspect he will have a different view on it. Especially if it keeps him in a job. Also, if the suggestion is true that they are going to 'welcome' our team coach, then I hope it happens as that if nothing else will galvanise our team and support.

Finally, the pressure is entirely and squarely on them. If we have learned anything over the last 20 years regarding itfc, it is that they do not cope well when the real pressure games are on!

No they don’t look great, their league position is all wrong they really should be like us fighting to stay in this crap league

You must be related to Delia

PS we’re still only a few places off the Playoffs

Edited by daly

14 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

What about the small matter of finances, should we remain stuck in the Chumps for long? Annual losses will result in an even further downgrade in the quality of the squad (no more signings of Sara's capability) and could even result in a downgrade in the Colney/Academy facilities.

Promotion would surely encourage further investment from Annatasio and the connections he mentioned, including those in Australia.

Nil points, millions in parachutes for me.  

We seemed to have lost more money from being in the Premier league,  you need a 100 million to give it ago , at this time we really aren't ready.  

11 hours ago, The Raptor said:

I'd lose the final just to **** them off even more. Come on Leeds. You can catch them

Farke is going for the championship title hatrick.  

8 hours ago, Sufyellow said:

We seemed to have lost more money from being in the Premier league,  you need a 100 million to give it ago , at this time we really aren't ready.  

We have a choice in the Premier League. We get into debt by existing in the Chumps (Delia Smith once said that Championship existence for the club means losing money). The eventuality of this is L.1.

If we waste television money, it's up to us. If we "give it a go" it is up to us.

We can just be there for the dosh ... as Luton seem to have mainly done this season, or we can spend big, as Forest have done, but are still struggling.  Luton weren't ready. They will probably go down, but with a better stadium, a better team and a better chance of going up again and they will have had a season for their fans to cherish .... relegation or not.

I wouldn't mind another yo-yo year to set straight the finances again, ready or not. Another bite at the cherry and even if we spent a minimum I wouldn't have us relegated before a ball is kicked as you seem to have it. That negative thinking has been part of the problem in the past. What does "ready" mean exactly. Burnley romped our league last season, look at them now.

Besides, a year in the PL would attract more investment (as mentioned by Annatasio) than a year (or more) in the Championship, that's for sure.

Edited by BroadstairsR