I have seen in to the future,  Ipswich end up 21 points ahead of us in 3rd position,  unfortunately for them we are in 6th , the rest is history, we do lose the final though. Surely no one wants to go up with this team 😕

1 minute ago, Sufyellow said:

I have seen in to the future,  Ipswich end up 21 points ahead of us in 3rd position,  unfortunately for them we are in 6th , the rest is history, we do lose the final though. Surely no one wants to go up with this team 😕

Re the latter - I would, just to fund the rebuild. 

7 hours ago, Sufyellow said:

What about the small matter of finances, should we remain stuck in the Chumps for long? Annual losses will result in an even further downgrade in the quality of the squad (no more signings of Sara's capability) and could even result in a downgrade in the Colney/Academy facilities.

Promotion would surely encourage further investment from Annatasio and the connections he mentioned, including those in Australia.

Nil points, millions in parachutes for me.  

Edited by BroadstairsR

9 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

What about the small matter of finances, should we remain stuck in the Chumps for long? Annual losses will result in an even further downgrade in the quality of the squad (no more signings of Sara's capability) and could even result in a downgrade in the Colney/Academy facilities.

Promotion would surely encourage further investment from Annatasio and the connections he mentioned, including those in Australia.

Nil points, millions in parachutes for me.  

Corbs can’t wait for for all the whingers to stay away and City revert back to crowds of 14,000. Strange thinking indeed. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Corbs can’t wait for for all the whingers to stay away and City revert back to crowds of 14,000. Strange thinking indeed. 

"Little Old Norwich?"

We are a medium-sized club, with the advantage of having no really close rivals in a decently populated catchment area. Our support is strong and stable, but a return to 14, 000 crowds will be on the cards should we ever have to give up hope of playing among the big boys, whatever the pitfalls, whatever the humiliations. 

What a waste it would be.

The meeting last week presented the sharpest contrast imaginable between the old thinking and the new thinking. We have to hope the latter prevails.

It's the way it is, like it or not.

Edited by BroadstairsR

50 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

"Little Old Norwich?"

We are a medium-sized club, with the advantage of having no really close rivals in a decently populated catchment area. Our support is strong and stable, but a return to 14, 000 crowds will be on the cards should we ever have to give up hope of playing among the big boys, whatever the pitfalls, whatever the humiliations. 

What a waste it would be.

The meeting last week presented the sharpest contrast imaginable between the old thinking and the new thinking. We have to hope the latter prevails.

It's the way it is, like it or not.

Quite. If we reverted back to those numbers half would still be ‘whingers’ and probably more. Some just can’t take change which is so long overdue. 

There’s a section of the fanbase that doesn’t really care that much about the streak or losing to Ipswich and that includes Delia.

It’ll be “Oh well, never mind”

I don’t know if we’ll win or lose but I can say it doesn’t look good for us and if we do lose, I’ll be utterly furious.

8 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

There’s a section of the fanbase that doesn’t really care that much about the streak or losing to Ipswich and that includes Delia.

I don’t know if we’ll win or lose but I can say it doesn’t look good for us and if we do lose, I’ll be utterly furious.

Delia’s disciples told us it would be an easy 6 points this time last year if were to meet this season. I hope they’re brave enough to show their betting slips next weekend. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Well the hope is Ipswich go up and become the first team in league history to score nil points.

That would make this year.all worth it 

It would but there’s this nagging feeling they’ll go up and stay up.

We did it with Lambert with mainly League One players and I’ll bet the Ipswich owners will splash some cash unlike us expecting Farke to work miracles with one arm tied behind his back.

I'll take a draw now cause we are poor, easy to attack against and Ipswich look unstoppable!

As for Wagner, its only the change of Sporting Director thats kept him in his job and like others say despite the recent upturn in results performances indicate that he won't get much if anymore out of this current squad.

Edited by kingsway

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

Delia has never made it secret that she likes Ipswich and that she thinks the Derby should not exist and how we should all be friends..

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Delia has never made it secret that she likes Ipswich and that she thinks the Derby should not exist and how we should all be friends..

It’s an absolute farce. She’s absolutely lost it.

It’s a war between rival counties. I can’t anticipate any level of understanding of what that means amongst our players and a big section of our fanbase would react to a loss to Ipswich with a hearty chuckle and a “HoHo, took them long enough, never mind eh? see you next yeah at the carra, durrrrrr!”

It’s Norfolk vs Suffolk! Where is your f@&£ing heart??

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sufyellow said:

I'd lose the final just to **** them off even more. Come on Leeds. You can catch them

• Like 1

I was speaking to a binner supporting colleague at work this week and he is equally as worried about the derby as most of us on here. Admittedly he is just one fan and there is decidedly little chatter about next week on TWTD so it's hard to get a real sense of what the lot down the road are thinking. Maybe the PTSD from 13 years of not beating us will play a part?

I still think we're going to get hammered, but it's a derby and form can count for very little in these games.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You've said this twice now. Why did you make this up?

I asked for evidence last time and you provided nothing.

45 minutes ago, hogesar said:

She’s definitely said she hates the Derby and prefers it when we don’t play each other.

Tbf, it’s sentiment I agree with this season!

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Mmmm MUMMY DELIA BITTY

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I think we'll win it through an Ipswich own goal.

OG fast becoming one of our top scorers this season

13 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

OG fast becoming one of our top scorers this season

If this ends up being the case I'll get it printed on a shirt

This is a nothing season, the one achievement we can get that still matters is not losing to Ipswich IMO.

Feels like they are too confident in comparison to us for that to happen but derby’s are different. Pressure is on them to break the cycle.

I’d trade losing other games to not lose to Ipswich personally, seeing them have their turn flying while we are so poor hurts enough. 

• Like 1

Putting to one side it’s our local rival, my football knowledge of other teams in this league is pretty limited, I honestly couldn’t name one Ipswich player!  
They are clearly having a hell of a season…and fair play, something has clicked. But why, what is making them such a good team currently?

Has the absence from the top flight for so long given them an extra hunger? Have they lucked out with a brilliant manager? Do they have some amazing players? I’ve no idea!  
Predication …..The pressure, for a change, is all on them, form will go out the window on the day, they will panic as this is no doubt their best chance to win against us in years. Cheeky 1-0 the Nozza.  

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

She’s definitely said she hates the Derby and prefers it when we don’t play each other.

Tbf, it’s sentiment I agree with this season!

I have no idea if she's said that but if so, its not what Cambridge is claiming.

56 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Mmmm MUMMY DELIA BITTY

Are you heading rapidly towards a TvB style meltdown?

1 hour ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

I was speaking to a binner supporting colleague at work this week and he is equally as worried about the derby as most of us on here. Admittedly he is just one fan and there is decidedly little chatter about next week on TWTD so it's hard to get a real sense of what the lot down the road are thinking. Maybe the PTSD from 13 years of not beating us will play a part?

I still think we're going to get hammered, but it's a derby and form can count for very little in these games.

If I may be so bold as to offer a Binner perspective? 

Essentially you are correct, the PTSD from recent Derby games definitely plays a part here, at least as far as the supporters are concerned. I am quite nervous about the game. Yes, on paper we are flying and should be too strong, especially at home, but this is a derby and anything can happen. A red card, an early penalty ( or just an early goal ) to you which quietens the crowd, you just don't know what could happen on the day. 

There is also a chance Sam Morsy misses the match as he is on 9 bookings. He is our captain and leader and we don't really have anybody else of the same type/quality to come in if he isn't playing. I also fear that we could end up losing our right back to a red card. It will either be Brandon Williams ( whom you know well ) or Harry Clarke ( local boy and fan ), both players can be hot headed and I feel it wont take much for either to lose their discipline in this match. 

I understand why many Norwich fans are pessimistic but I genuinely feel this game could go either way, we are strong at home but we do give up chances and I expect you to score in the game, it will all depend on whether you can keep them out at the other end. 

We are a well oiled machine and in great form but lets face it you are not playing Real Madrid here, its fundamentally two sets of Championship players locking horns and either team can win on the day. Whenever you have had the superior team in the past you have more often than not put us to the sword, I really hope we can return the favour of course, but I've actually got a feeling it will end in a draw. 

I remain strangely positive about the Derby. I just think if roles were reversed we would probably lose and I also think that their fans are so desperate to beat us and end our period of dominance that it might add some extra pressure/nerves to the occasion for them. 

3 hours ago, kingsway said:

I'll take a draw now cause we are poor, easy to attack against and Ipswich look unstoppable!

As for Wagner, its only the change of Sporting Director thats kept him in his job and like others say despite the recent upturn in results performances indicate that he won't get much if anymore out of this current squad.

If you actually watch any of their games though or the highlights from their games they really don’t look that great. They are finding ways to win with great or lucky goals but they are not bossing many games and I don’t think they are as good as their results suggest. Everything has gone their way so far. Hopefully that changes next Saturday. 

Edited by Jim Smith

17 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

Essentially you are correct, the PTSD from recent Derby games definitely plays a part here, at least as far as the supporters are concerned. I am quite nervous about the game. Yes, on paper we are flying and should be too strong, especially at home, but this is a derby and anything can happen. A red card, an early penalty ( or just an early goal ) to you which quietens the crowd, you just don't know what could happen on the day. 

There is also a chance Sam Morsy misses the match as he is on 9 bookings. He is our captain and leader and we don't really have anybody else of the same type/quality to come in if he isn't playing. I also fear that we could end up losing our right back to a red card. It will either be Brandon Williams ( whom you know well ) or Harry Clarke ( local boy and fan ), both players can be hot headed and I feel it wont take much for either to lose their discipline in this match. 

I understand why many Norwich fans are pessimistic but I genuinely feel this game could go either way, we are strong at home but we do give up chances and I expect you to score in the game, it will all depend on whether you can keep them out at the other end. 

We are a well oiled machine and in great form but lets face it you are not playing Real Madrid here, its fundamentally two sets of Championship players locking horns and either team can win on the day. Whenever you have had the superior team in the past you have more often than not put us to the sword, I really hope we can return the favour of course, but I've actually got a feeling it will end in a draw. 

Maybe your fans have some PTSD but not a single one of your current players nor your manager have any hangups as they've never played us before and are currently flying high and aiming for promotion. (God I feel ill saying that)

There's no way any of your players feel sick and get nervous. They have never played in a derby before and it means nothing to them

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

19 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

If you actually watch any of their games though or the highlights from their games they really don’t look that great. They are finding ways to win with great or lucky goals but they are not bossing many games and I don’t think they are as good as their results suggest. Everything has gone their way so far. Hopefully that changes next Saturday. 

With all due respect, we are on 48 points after 20 games. You don' t win that many games by just being lucky or "everything going your way". We are certainly beatable and as I have said in my other post I do give you guys a real chance in the derby but you have to accept that we have a pretty good football team at this point, it is no longer just a good/lucky start. 

19 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Maybe your fans have some PTSD but not a single one of your current players nor your manager have any hangups as they've never played us before and are currently flying high and aiming for promotion. (God I feel ill saying that)

There's no way any of your players feel sick and get nervous. They have never played in a derby before and it means nothing to them

Sure I take your point however if the crowd are nervous this can sometimes transmit to the players on the pitch. Ultimately I am probably over-analysing everything and worrying about things that won't even happen. Derbies eh? Who needs them!  

49 minutes ago, BlueHope76 said:

This is a very good post and pretty much as I see it. Our only hope is to keep the back door shut early and then fluke the first goal. If that happens then (as you outline) one or two in blue could lose their heads and get sent off. Whether we would have the professional ability to manage the game out in that scenario is another matte entirely of course! 

On the subject of how the locals feel about the game, I have seen chatter suggesting an ambush of the NCFC team bus with blue flares and smoke bombs. Hopefully, the Suffolk Plod and NCFC will have done their homework and ensured said bus is well within the confines of the stadium a long, long time before kick off. If the natives can't get blood outside the ground, they will sure as hell want their team to do it on the pitch!