KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Bristol v Norwich****

1 minute ago, AJ said:

With every new team selection it certainly feels like he's trying to see what he can do before he finally gets sacked. Can't wait for us to take off Barnes and play Long up front in the second half and then make a load of "Long ball" jokes in the press conference after the game

Line ups like this really makes you wonder if the tongue in cheek comments about drawing player numbers out of a draw has some truth in it

• Haha 2

What a kick in the teeth for the likes of Warner when McLean is at centre half. What a mess of a club we now are with selections like this. When it goes wrong I really hope the fans truly turn on Wagner as he is so clueless. It’s like Webber is saying, I did my bit to screw the club with the crap signings now it’s over to you Dave to finish the job! 🤣🤣(laughing emojis)

1 minute ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

What a kick in the teeth for the likes of Warner when McLean is at centre half. What a mess of a club we now are with selections like this. When it goes wrong I really hope the fans truly turn on Wagner as he is so clueless. It’s like Webber is saying, I did my bit to screw the club with the crap signings now it’s over to you Dave to finish the job! 🤣🤣(laughing emojis)

It must be that Wagner fancies a long Christmas break with his family! He was on the phone last night "yes, love... don't worry...wait til you see my selections tomorrow lunchtime"

Edited by sonyc
  • Haha 4

Wagner has a screw loose.

The strangest managerial behaviour at Carrow Road in my memory.

He'll get us relegated if he's not binned soon.

McLean starts centre back 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Glad to see Gibbs start, but drop McLean, not move him back and drop a centre half who’s come in an improved us!!

And still Hernandez… it’s indefensible.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

Are we going to see Gibbs upfront with Barnes in behind, though? Worked brilliantly at Watford, so…

Long ball central today from McLean then. Everything is going to be lumped over the top toward Barnes or in behind Rowe & Onel. Midfield is getting bypassed allllll afternoon. Joke. 

Just now, GRB2 said:

Long ball central today from McLean then. Everything is going to be lumped over the top toward Barnes or in behind Rowe & Onel. Midfield is getting bypassed allllll afternoon. Joke. 

To be fair McLean is there for the opposite reason I assume. Baath can't pass.

Regardless, it looks like a last roll of the dice.

Hmmmm - well that's an interesting selection.

Rowe being back in is a big positive - Gibbs should make us more competitive in midfield - McLean has actually done OK when he's played centre half at the end of some recent games, but it's a huge call putting him there for the full 90.

No Idea how Hernandez continually gets to start and Barnes has been totally anonymous in his last two games. As has Nunez in his recent games. 

I guess nobody can accuse Wagner of boring, safety first team selections. 

4 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

If i was Warner i would hand in a transfer request tomorrow ,

no point wasting your time here , 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

This is a sackable offence

He knows it's probably on the cards and he will get a few extra bob if he's given the boot....he won't fall on his sword...

4 minutes ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

he has managed to simultaneously weaken the defence and midfield... that's urmmmm brave? bold? f'king stupid?

Its incredible

We already have the worst defence in the league and concede 20 odd chances per game...and he,as you say has made us weaker in both departments

What he should be picking is

Batth   Duffy

Forshsaw  McLean

Sara

.and just telling Forshaw/Mclean to sit in front of the defence and not let anythjng through

...instead he's playing a midfielder at CB..and a weak midfield defensively with the likes of Gibbs and Nunez

If this turns to sh!t ,Wagner need not bother coming back to Norwich after the game

• Like 1

Gunn

Stacey - Duffy - McLean

Hernandez ------------------------------------Giannoulis

Nunez - Gibbs - Sara

Barnes - Rowe

You heard it here first.

Edited by KeiranShikari
  • Haha 1

I can only assume Sainz is still refusing to shave his silly little beard off; a condition of getting a starting place. 

Given he was more effective and dynamic in 10mins vs Watford than Hernandez, Idah and Fassnacht combined, it’s all I can think. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Big O said:

A win or bust selection from Wagner. I give him credit to have the boll*cks to pick a team he thinks is right as he must know he is in for pelters if that goes wrong.

in fairness McClean has looked pretty good playing centre half but Hernandez remaining in is odd. 

Was going to say, Kenny might actually do quite well there - it's Hernandez staying in that's baffled me. Particularly with Placheta on the bench.

What happened with Warner? Has he got a knock?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

If i was Warner i would hand in a transfer request tomorrow ,

no point wasting your time here , 

Absolutely agree. How disheartening it must be for the young lad

2 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Gunn

Stacey - Duffy - McLean

Hernandez ------------------------------------Giannoulis

Nunez - Gibbs - Sara

Barnes - Rowe

You heard it here first.

The front 5 is decent, but that ain’t how we’re lining up.

Nunez and Fernandez, in their current form, couldn’t hurt a fly……..let alone a Bristol City defence away from home….

8 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Hmmmm - well that's an interesting selection.

Rowe being back in is a big positive - Gibbs should make us more competitive in midfield - McLean has actually done OK when he's played centre half at the end of some recent games, but it's a huge call putting him there for the full 90.

No Idea how Hernandez continually gets to start and Barnes has been totally anonymous in his last two games. As has Nunez in his recent games. 

I guess nobody can accuse Wagner of boring, safety first team selections. 

Should add that Gunn back in goal should make us stronger as well.