Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

KNAPPER NOW STARTS NOV 13TH

1 minute ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Apologies, I've completely missed this. Where did you read it please?

I believe its a made-up post from a troll account on X, the same one currently saying Webber has chained himself to the Colney gates and won't leave.

So I'd say its very likely.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

The regional Press Association reporter Nick Mwhateverhisname tweeted yesterday that if Wagner wins at Cardiff then City may commit to the contract extension as a show of faith. TNC then shared this suggestion.  

It’s curious timing given what’s now happening with Knapper. It wouldn’t surprise me at all to see our clown owners think that a show of collective strength is needed between Knapper and Wagner. 

I hope it’s a nonsense story though. Clearly the results and performances don’t warrant even staying in the existing contract - yet alone getting more time 

Sounds like absolutely baloney - but thank you.

7 minutes ago, Mike w said:

If you were Wagner and knew you are to be sacked after Cardiff game why stick around this week and how do players know and feel at training?

Hope he goes but not so confident.

Agreed. I think it’s being taken as a given Wagner now goes. I’ll believe that when I see it. 

Just now, Gordon Bennett said:

Sounds like absolutely baloney - but thank you.

I hope you’re right. Would love to know the source of it 

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

And Webber will be gone on 11th after the Cardiff game.

One Webber down, one to go. Until they are both gone, underlying issues will continue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Knapper has done his footballing apprenticeship at Arsenal. There's simply no chance he'll take a look at Wagner's style of football and recent results and think "yeah, I can work with that".

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Knapper has done his footballing apprenticeship at Arsenal. There's simply no chance he'll take a look at Wagner's style of football and recent results and think "yeah, I can work with that".

I would imagine he has been watching the videos already. I hope he comes in and hits the ground running with a fresh approach. Surely as SD he will be the coach's employer and be able to give him instructions and directions.

Too late to get Emma Hayes though. Sarina might be available.

Edited by keelansgrandad

Knapper hasn't come early to extend Wagner's contract. That's just BS.

I like to think the hate shown to the players after Sunday's came was a deciding factor. I suspect it was.

Great news, but this is only step one and tinkering around the edges. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Knapper hasn't come early to extend Wagner's contract. That's just BS.

I like to think the hate shown to the players after Sunday's came was a deciding factor. I suspect it was.

Great news, but this is only step one and tinkering around the edges. 

Was there hate toward the players? Thought it was mainly for Wagner and Webber, the board.

I am glad Knapper is coming in earlier than scheduled and even more happy Webber is leaving a lot earlier than scheduled. I would like to see Delia and MWJ step aside a lot earlier than scheduled and the club undergo a total "reset", if that means things get worse before they get better, so be it............

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Was there hate toward the players? Thought it was mainly for Wagner and Webber, the board.

Yes when they did the round pitch after the game. "What the fcukin hell was that" and w@nker signs.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I am glad Knapper is coming in earlier than scheduled and even more happy Webber is leaving a lot earlier than scheduled. I would like to see Delia and MWJ step aside a lot earlier than scheduled and the club undergo a total "reset", if that means things get worse before they get better, so be it............

As stubborn as they are I think they know the games up now. Everything crossed that they step aside ASAP. 

6 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Nope. The players got booed at the end of the match. Deservedly so. I wouldn't call it hate though as it is not entirely their fault as they are just not good enough. 

46 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Indeed he is. People, understandably excited about Webber going, are hopeful that Wagner naturally follows. No evidence as such yet. 

That’s what I’m thinking too, I think Saturday will force the hand anyway 

Benny K can make himself immediately popular by distancing himself from the Webber era.  Make sensible changes to the team management.  Find a coach that might get tactics that work with the personnel available to that person.  Ben can become a hero overnight but must understand who he is working with and their significant limitations and ignore them.

Best of British Ben you'll need it.   

25 minutes ago, pete said:

Benny K can make himself immediately popular by distancing himself from the Webber era.  Make sensible changes to the team management.  Find a coach that might get tactics that work with the personnel available to that person.  Ben can become a hero overnight but must understand who he is working with and their significant limitations and ignore them.

Best of British Ben you'll need it.   

I was waiting for a punchline.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Petriix said:

I have it on good authority that he had a Brazilian.

Bet Zoe wasn't happy!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

It says "but it remains together in its commitment to supporting its players and staff through this challenging period" no mention of the manager?

Manager is part of the staff 

Player Mangers aren't really a thing these days. But what about....... now, hear me out.... a "Sporting Director/Manager"!! 

2 birds, 1 stone. then you only ever have to hire and fire 1 person. Half the salary, half the payoffs.

53 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Nope. The players got booed at the end of the match. Deservedly so. I wouldn't call it hate though as it is not entirely their fault as they are just not good enough. 

Good enough for what? They are certainly better than a relegation fight. Somewhere between 6th and 10th with the correct manager and everyone fit would be my guess on a finishing position. 

1 hour ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Leave of your own accord and you waive any potential benefits you may be due.

Get dismissed and they have to pay you whatever you signed up for in your contract.

Of course you would stay for your pay but if you and the club know you are going, what motivation is there for the players to train and listen this week. Going to be another shambolic game at Cardiff, just get him out now not give 3 points to Cardiff. Let Adams oversea this week or the more experienced players to let them have their mojo back. Why wait ?? 3 points up for grabs just pasy him off today NOT next week.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

First bit of common sense that’s come from the club in a while. 

Indeed but that is an extremely 'low bar' to attain!

1 hour ago, S_81 said:

The regional Press Association reporter Nick Mwhateverhisname tweeted yesterday that if Wagner wins at Cardiff then City may commit to the contract extension as a show of faith. TNC then shared this suggestion.  

It’s curious timing given what’s now happening with Knapper. It wouldn’t surprise me at all to see our clown owners think that a show of collective strength is needed between Knapper and Wagner. 

I hope it’s a nonsense story though. Clearly the results and performances don’t warrant even staying in the existing contract - yet alone getting more time 

I believe this is fake news. I saw the tweet from "TNC" yesterday and when I checked it was a fake account. I have checked again today and cannot see any such tweet from either TNC or Nick.