Bert

Cometh the hour cometh the man

There is only one man that can sort out this mess. Now is the time for the second coming of the Messiah IMG_1166.jpeg.39965251b35223d738d85cf194def42f.jpeg

• Haha 1

That was a special time for sure wasn't it?

I'll always remember how chuffed I was when we survived that Premier League season under Paul having started the journey in League One! We played Villa off the pitch at Carrow Road in his last game.

It hurt a lot when he left - such a shame ... what could've been - for him and us???

Only if he can reunite the back room staff with him, that was a team effort headed by Lambert!

• Like 1

Just a sad, bitter little scotsman. Did magic with us only to never replicate it again, got the binners down though which was fun but did act like a right **** during the derby so don't want him anywhere near us ever again

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t think we need to look to the past.. one thing I like though is having an ex world class player as a manager they expect higher standards in my view. With that in mind I would not be against giving a high class ex pro a go as manager again. 

2 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Actually that’sa lie, I’d also take Alex Neil at the moment if it meant Wagner going!

I'd take Mike Bassett if it meant getting rid of Wagner........

2 minutes ago, rock bus said:

I’d also take Alex Neil at the moment if it meant Wagner going!

We've had some good people as manager. Neil and Farke two of the more decent ones. Lambert kind of blew it. 

Well it isn't going to be any the names mentioned in this thread that's for sure. It will be the cheap option, it will be Pelach.

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Just a sad, bitter little scotsman. Did magic with us only to never replicate it again, got the binners down though which was fun but did act like a right **** during the derby so don't want him anywhere near us ever again

This. Coupled with the fact he's actually proven himself to be a really, really crap manager.

A mandate for our new manager is he mustn't currently be out of work. If he is that means hes failed and we dont want that mentality here!

We need someone who is currently successful whatever lever, if if that means we have to pay compensation 

We need a new young up & coming coach with new idea's, not going back in time with a old manager, but who would come & work with the shower who are running this / our club

• Like 2

Well - one thing is almost certain - it will be someone out of work, with no contract to buy out. That could be Heckingbottom soon - and I’d happily take him over Wagner 

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well it isn't going to be any the names mentioned in this thread that's for sure. It will be the cheap option, it will be Pelach.

Its the logical option provided he hasn't been 'brainwashed' by Wagner. Gives our new DOF some breathing space

I don't care really - can't be worse than this. 

Don't you remember? It actually turned out to be all Gary Kasa with Lambert just the public facing puppet. 

1 minute ago, stratton canary said:

We need a new young up & coming coach with new idea's, not going back in time with a old manager, but who would come & work with the shower who are running this / our club

We need a manager who sets tactics that suit the players we have . I remember the x Forest player Frank Clark managing Orient (unsuccessfully)years ago . One of the players later reflected that he expected his players to play like the French world Cup team of the time ......when they were in the lower reaches of the old 4th division. 

25 minutes ago, Bert said:

There is only one man that can sort out this mess. Now is the time for the second coming of the Messiah IMG_1166.jpeg.39965251b35223d738d85cf194def42f.jpeg

That reminds me, I must put some more brandy on the Christmas Pudden!

35 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I don’t think we need to look to the past.. one thing I like though is having an ex world class player as a manager they expect higher standards in my view. With that in mind I would not be against giving a high class ex pro a go as manager again. 

You've literally just called for Lampard there mate 😀

48 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

No not lampard he’s had a go at management and failed. Also I didn’t put any restrictions on them having to of been English 

1 minute ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

No not lampard he’s had a go at management and failed. Also I didn’t put any restrictions on them having to of been English 

I could see our stupid owners turning to him. Hopefully Knapper won’t agree 

59 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Looks like he’s on his way to Bristol City.

Eustace for me

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Looks like he’s on his way to Bristol City.

Eustace for me

Eustace did very well at Brum but his tactics against us weren't at all impressive - didn't seem to realise our weaknesses.  The only match we've won in ages.

I'd have Warnock or Allardyce here gladly. Both would give us a defensive structure to work with.

I hear that Mike Phelan is looking for another crack at the whip, 100% Win percentage at Norwich. 😉