Sign in to follow this  
Mullet

What will Stuart Webbers legacy at NCFC be?

Most of us hopefully want to leave some kind of legacy when we move on. He has invested in a PL training facility wow big deal. Player pampering clearly doesn't work.

Soccerbot?

He’s fell victim to his own hype.

He was quite happy to point out the mistakes of the preceding regime. Arguably right this minute we are in a far worse position than what he inherited.

His legacy is trashed and he’s only got himself to blame IMO.

Those two amazing promotions don’t mean much for the long term if we’ve ended up worse than where we started.

Edited by Monty13
  • Like 2

Well we're lower in the league and a worse balance sheet than when he arrived.

Some good times though that I wouldn't swap but it's ended in tears and humiliation as it often does when you overstay your welcome.

Edited by Capt. Pants
  • Like 3

Riding off the back of the success of his support staff - until he lost them - and then got totally exposed  

Edited by S_81
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Did well choosing Farke. Didn’t ignore the noise and sacked him rather than admitting to more horrendous recruitment.

Pi££ed two lots of Premier money up the wall.

Wasted money on a training centre that produces spineless bottlers, and precious little young talent - that has to be sold after 6 months anyway.

Ironically Farke is in demand, I don’t think Stu will be.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Putting together the team that played our best football since the 90s.

And dismantling it

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Putting together the team that played our best football since the 90s.

And the worst since relegation to league 1

Was decent once, made some good signings which caused his ego to inflate, got us relegated twice by refusing to back us, has ruined our squad by signing players with injury records as long as my arm and a lot of old duffers, should have ****ed off up a mountain the second he started making it obvious he wanted to be anywhere but here and was flirting with leeds

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Four great years. Taking a shoestring budget and weaving it into a great football team better than the sum of its parts, with a flourishing academy setup producing homegrown talent to cherish, led by a charismatic and principled manager who must rank among the greatest in this club's history.

Then two years overseeing terminal decline by blowing an increased budget on wholly unsuitable players, selling our most irreplaceable asset in Buendia, losing his bottle and sacking his 'X-factor' manager and appointing two awful managers to succeed him, then hiding away when we're failing only to re-emerge with a bizarre passion for mountaineering and divisive rhetoric.

In summary: started brilliantly, disappeared up his own backside taking the prosperity of the club with him.

• Like 15

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Four great years. Taking a shoestring budget and weaving it into a great football team better than the sum of its parts, with a flourishing academy setup producing homegrown talent to cherish, led by a charismatic and principled manager who must rank among the greatest in this club's history.

Then two years overseeing terminal decline by blowing an increased budget on wholly unsuitable players, selling our most irreplaceable asset in Buendia, losing his bottle and sacking his 'X-factor' manager and appointing two awful managers to succeed him, then hiding away when we're failing only to re-emerge with a bizarre passion for mountaineering and divisive rhetoric.

In summary: started brilliantly, disappeared up his own backside taking the prosperity of the club with him.

Great summary.

Or, to put it in a nutshell:

"He ignored the noise. Then he didn't"

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

He developed the training ground massively and constructed that phenomenal team with the likes of Farke, Buendia and Pukki.

But he was always a very arrogant, egotistical character who ended up leaving us in a worse state on the pitch than we were when he arrived.

In five or ten years, once the dust settles and we look back on the whole six years with hindsight, it will be mixed.

I said in the summer of 2022 that it was the right time for him to go whilst his tenure was still more positive than negative, and I stand by that. His era at the club would have still been seen as a good one had he left then, but he has stayed on too long and he has basically thrown away his legacy.

• Like 1

Just now, Robert N. LiM said:

Great summary.

Or, to put it in a nutshell:

"He ignored the noise. Then he didn't"

Or: "He trusted the process. Then he wiped his a*se on it."

• Haha 2

Webbers tenure is a real mixed bag. The highs were amazing, the lows have been dreadful. But, we have a lovely training ground and cat 1 academy status so for that I thank him, but he needs to go NOW. 

• Like 1

THIS... This is his legacy. 

He came in and blasted the previous regime for p!ssing money up the wall. That we had a squad of aging "stars" on high wages. Etc etc. 

Well after finding 2 players (Teemu and Emi) that dragged this club up twice, we are back to, if not worse off than when he arrived. 

Sleep walking to relegation much like in 09, aging players on fairly long and I'm sure lucrative contracts and p!ssed even more money up that very same wall .... And part of me (the synical part of me) thinks he's done it purpose so he can have the last say with knapper coming in to take over essentially what he took over, so if it doesn't change for the better like last time he can sit there in his old age and say to Zoe....

"see I did a good job, I WAS the best thing that happened to them, because that new guy couldn't do what I did in the same circumstances, those Darn locals never knew they had it so good" 

Mixed, but on balance still in credit for me, especially if Knapper turns out to be a talented replacement. Almost by definition most reigns in football end badly, and that can obscure the previous good that was done.

22 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Four great years? When two of those were our worst ever top flight seasons? Really? 

• Thanks 1