Sign in to follow this  
slaphead

Iam done

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

If you don't want to go anymore giving up the ticket is a selfless act that enables others to take your place. It's a win/win. I thank you on behalf of your replacement.

Indeed. Some is enjoying my seat now. Well, doubtful they’re enjoying it presently.  But you know what I mean 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

If you don't want to go anymore giving up the ticket is a selfless act that enables others to take your place. It's a win/win. I thank you on behalf of your replacement.

A fair few of my family back there in E Anglia are actually from south of the border and binner fans (fair enough - they can’t help where they are from!).  I know some of their fans gave up their s/t and now that fortunes have turned can’t get tickets to games very often.  

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

If the clubs buy back system is anything to go by the person who sits next to me has due to working abroad till Xmas given his ticket to the club to sell

Not one game has the ticket been taken up

PS Centre seat in South Stand 

58 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Thats why I'm  still here after 70 years. I didn't weaken.

Different things affect people differently. 

Your reaction disappointingly says a lot about you Ricardo.

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Clearly the key to hillarious comedy is to repeat the exact same joke over and over endlessly.

Have you ever watched The Fast Show? 

45 minutes ago, daly said:

If the clubs buy back system is anything to go by the person who sits next to me has due to working abroad till Xmas given his ticket to the club to sell

More fool them. 

1 hour ago, Yobocop said:

Ive shared a car with someone for some home games this season and he’s placed Cambridgeshire as a 50 year old bloke, I don’t buy it. He’s definitely a 16 year old prepubescent spotty kid with specs who resides in a w**king den in his mums spare room in foxton. 

Believe it or not CC once wrote on here that a relative took him to a match in the early 90’s.

Maybe he’s not Norwich’s answer to Ipswich Crazy after all…..

9 hours ago, hogesar said:

Well, it doesn't have to be 3 years. It's just a number, a safety net. 

We could be in League One in 3 years time. We could be in the prem. Last time things were this up in the air we won the title with players none of us had heard of. I think you gave your season ticket up for that season. Which is completely your right. And the OP is entitled to feel however he wants and talking about it is unlikely to change - if he leaves and never comes back that will be sad, but this is football and absolutely nothing is guaranteed.

I gave up my season ticket because of the cost , and the year after I went to work abroad for the first time so would have given it up then anyway. 

There is absolutely no chance of repeating that success with this current crop of players. The difference was they worked for each other and because of where they came from, most from German lower leagues, they wanted it more because of the chance they’d been given. Not many of the current squad have that fire in their belly do they? 

Yes, we could be in the EPL or league one in 3 years, who knows, you totally overlook the point though, which other club drags out a takeover in this manner? It will be 3 years plus the 18 months since MA first came on board so 4 1/2 years. That is not normal however you try and spin it. In fact, we are very lucky that MA is sticking around that long, if indeed he does, because most people would say **** it and walk away. 

It’s just another example of the current owners reluctance to let go. 

10 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Believe it or not CC once wrote on here that a relative took him to a match in the early 90’s.

Interesting 

10 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

You know this bizzare obsession with me really is strange. Why are posters thinking about me jerking off?

You're all a bunch of weirdos

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

13 hours ago, Corbs1 said:

For me this period by itself is not even remotely one of the worse I’ve witnessed. But worryingly I do think the absolute rottenness of the premiership and the modern game is gradually corroding the sport. I respect anyone’s choice to wave goodbye

Yes. This.

The overall horrendousness of modern football makes it much more likely that you'll feel "what is the point" when your team is a bit rubbish. 

On 25/10/2023 at 21:18, nutty nigel said:

Nutty,  I think we are running out of replacements. Be careful believing others will snap these tickets up, our fans are our club with out investment , the smaller the crowd the less  money we have.

On 26/10/2023 at 09:09, Branston Pickle said:

Oddly enough I think my worst was 0-1 at QPR in October 2007 under Grant - both sides were utter garbage (just checked - it was their first win and they stayed bottom, we hadn’t scored in 6 - says it all about both sides!) -  how either scored was quite a surprise, though it was via a very dubious penalty . Grant resigned later that week.

FA Cup 3rd Round and subsequent replay against Charlton under Roeder were pretty awful. Charlton hadn’t won for months from memory until we came riding to their rescue 

On 25/10/2023 at 21:56, daly said:

Thanks Yoda! 😊 

On 26/10/2023 at 08:53, cambridgeshire canary said:

You know this bizzare obsession with me really is strange. Why are posters thinking about me jerking off?

You're all a bunch of weirdos

Problem for me is you’re happy to dish it out but when someone (multiple people in this case) challenges you they’re seen to be ‘weird’ 

no one is really thinking about you jerking off but using a stereotype of a teenage lad who in his very essence never leaves his room and therefore w**ks himself into oblivion 

but of course you have every opportunity to prove people wrong and give us your true identity? 

the floor is yours…..

On 25/10/2023 at 21:18, nutty nigel said:

Or it allows someone else to buy the season ticket then stay at home and pay a second time to watch on telly. Our ED loves that, much more important than atmosphere.

On 25/10/2023 at 22:03, Nuff Said said:

Have you ever watched The Fast Show? 

Colin Hunt's office trolley.

i'm thinking the same i'm done.  missing the old days too much, standing in the barclay, would never have considered giving up when we had duncan forbes,   

On 26/10/2023 at 04:27, TheBaldOne66 said:

….you totally overlook the point though, which other club drags out a takeover in this manner? It will be 3 years plus the 18 months since MA first came on board so 4 1/2 years. That is not normal however you try and spin it. In fact, we are very lucky that MA is sticking around that long, if indeed he does, because most people would say **** it and walk away. 

It’s just another example of the current owners reluctance to let go. 

I am genuinely worried this will end up being the case. Remember “the Turners”.

i remember reading a rare interview with Robert Chase from maybe 10 years or so ago, where he was asked if he’d have done anything differently with the benefit of hindsight. His reply was that he simply wished he’d understood that everybody and everything had a shelf life and that he wished he’d realised that before dragging things out.

Delia and Michael need to do the same. If they cared like they say they do, they would look to sort the takeover 100% as swiftly as possible surely.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

I am, therefore I think, I am an lams cat

I am in a box with poison, therefore I think, I am an Iams Schrödinger's cat

• Haha 1

I got out years ago, well before the rot had really set in.  Why?  Because I could see that the root of the problem lay in the boardroom and was sick of hearing fans with their heads in the sand calling for the manager's head every five minutes, as though that would somehow solve it.

By helping to fill the stadium no matter what, in the name of 'loyalty', I was part of the problem.  I'd been going to CR since 1967 so it wasn't easy at first, but I've never regretted it.

Edited by benchwarmer
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Wait till the 04/05 ST renewals come out, think they’ll be a mass exit ?

20 years behind the times.

15 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Wait till the 04/05 ST renewals come out, think they’ll be a mass exit ?

Are you renewing?

I am. 

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Are you renewing?

I am. 

Been going for over 60 years, can’t stop now, but how many others will chuck the towel in ?