cambridgeshire canary

Sara and Rowe; Both sold in January?

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Fair to say that would be the nightmare scenario. But if our form continues to be poor, and we continue to slide to a midtable finish..

Can you see it happening?

Of course it could happen. If a top 6 finish looks off the cards by then it’s ‘Sold to the highest bidder’ time once again. 

7 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

We should be giving Rowe a new contract like we did with Godfrey, Aarons etc to keep his value high

Requires Rowe to sign it.. no way he’s doing that at the minute, IMO.

To answer the OP, both will be here until the summer at least. 

19 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Requires Rowe to sign it.. no way he’s doing that at the minute, IMO.

To answer the OP, both will be here until the summer at least. 

I wish i had your optimism, if someone comes in and he says he wants to go, he will go.

And i wouldnt blame him in the slightest, would you rather work for a progressive, forward thinking, successful company or Norwich City.

Let’s be honest, if you were either of those players you’d be telling your agent to find you another club asap so that you at least have some team mates as the same standard as you. I’d also say find a club with a manager who knows how to play me in the right position and doesn’t sub me when I’m the only player actually playing well.

and that’s even before youd start thinking about the money!

• Like 1

IF Sara and Rowe have little time on their contracts why ever would you sign one ,

let's be honest Sara could move to a PL team and get 2 ,3 x his money ,

Rowe 7 goals already winger and English , someone would be quite happy to sign him as well with a big pay rise as he is Raw with plenty of Potential , 

If you were a Agent you would not say stay at Norwich they are a club going forwards Sad as it is 

I doubt we'll sell either in January as neither are going straight into a PL side and making a positive contribution mid season and I dont imagine clubs will be willing to pay their fees with that in mind. If/when we finish 10th-18th both will probably go in the summer.

Edited by splutcho

I can't see either of them leaving in January unless we receive an absolutely ridiculous offer.

Next summer, however, is a different story. But it's also a long way away, and so much can change in football. Let's not forget that this time last year our best performer had been Nuñez in the first couple of months of the season and we were expecting him to be sold for £20m or so before long, only for his form to drop massively. Hopefully it doesn't happen with Sara or Rowe, but you never know.

• Like 1

Just now, splutcho said:

I doubt we'll sell either in January as neither are going straight into a PL side and making a positive contribution mid season and I dont imagine clubs will be willing to pay their fees with that in mind. If/when we finish 10th-18th both will probably go in the summer.

i think Sara could ,

i can imagine him fitting into a side no problem with better players he would adjust pretty quickly i think 

• Like 1

Sara would slot in very well at Fulham or similar. 

Rowe has a feel of Crystal Palace about him.

Doubt either will leave in January. But, as has been said, the summer will spin a very different yarn

Plus we'll get someone on a free from Watford to soften the twin blow.

Surprising the optimism being shown by some of the posts, apparently not given up on a play off push.  Have you not taken notice of our recent form, without adequate squad depth to make significant changes don't expect form to improve.  Coupled with the technical ability of Wagner especially when making substitutions there is no chance of better form.  When Sargent and Barnes return expect some improvement but the defence and midfield will still be shall we say restricted.  Come January  when finances will not have improved recruits will either be oldies not so golden or frees, there is no room for optimism at Norwich City.  But delusion has been a trait of city fans long under the stewardship of Delia and her cohorts. 

FFS!! The level of pantwetting after a draw with Coventry. Get a grip some of you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't see either being sold or signing new contracts this season.

However, much might depend on the state of the finances which if you read the MA thread aren't looking too rosy. 

We're no different to where we usually are. Every season we seem to fear our prize assets being sold, it seldom happens mid-season. Parachute payments end after this season (and we have already borrowed money against them) so we have to cut our cloth accordingly, but hopefully not until the summer.

Edited by Capt. Pants

Crikey, has no-one seen the link to the reason Knapper was allowed to come pre-January window? Arsenal have been given an option on both as part of the deal. 😉

I highly doubt Knapper will come in and agree to selling either of those within 2 months, it would reflect very badly and he'd lose the fans instantly.

That said, there's a chance that he comes in, is 'completely transparent' with us, and the state of finances is worse than feared.  Using the outgoing Webber as a scapegoat for change.  But I can't see that happening either, least not because of Zoe.

Even a wild offer for Sara we'd have to turn round, he's one of the few consistences we have.

20 hours ago, Herman said:

FFS!! The level of pantwetting after a draw with Coventry. Get a grip some of you.

So you're happy with this ridiculous charade of Gunn tapping ball gently to Gibson, Gibson tapping ball gently back to Gunn, Gunn gently tapping ball to Duffer and finally Duffer gently tapping the ball back to Gunn. Lo and behold Gunn then starts the whole sorry sequence again all under the altar of...........'playing out from the back'! That's before we even look at our static midfield / forwards whilst this nonsense is taking place.

It was some of the most blatant negativity and timewasting I've ever seen and the travelling Y'army became very uneasy about it. Home fans were infuriated and who could blame them.

As an matter of interest, I just watched a first half replay of Burnley v Chelsea and Burnley were passing it back and forward between the two "fullbacks" and the goalie all the time it was in their half until they were forced to kick long under pressure. There didn't sound as if the supporters were upset. 

23 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

So you're happy with this ridiculous charade of Gunn tapping ball gently to Gibson, Gibson tapping ball gently back to Gunn, Gunn gently tapping ball to Duffer and finally Duffer gently tapping the ball back to Gunn. Lo and behold Gunn then starts the whole sorry sequence again all under the altar of...........'playing out from the back'! That's before we even look at our static midfield / forwards whilst this nonsense is taking place.

It was some of the most blatant negativity and timewasting I've ever seen and the travelling Y'army became very uneasy about it. Home fans were infuriated and who could blame them.

Where have I even said that? We're clearly not good enough from top to bottom but going on about selling your best players already is pearl clutching at its finest. 

• Like 1

Everyone knows the model right? We pay over the odds in wages to try and compete at the top end of the championship hopefully.

In order to continue to do this we sell players who we develop to make up for the shortfall.

If we don’t get promoted then it is inevitable that at least one of Rowe, Sara or Sargent will be sold to cover the losses. 
Why **** and moan about it when you know it is going to happen.  Probably the best thing Webber has done is be honest about it.

On the Rowe contract it truely is a joke if anyone advises not to sign the new contract. We are the ultimate selling club.

20 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

If we don’t get promoted then it is inevitable that at least one of Rowe, Sara or Sargent will be sold to cover the losses. 
Why **** and moan about it when you know it is going to happen

This thread is about them leaving in January, though.  I think fans would be correct to have a serious moan if that occured.

IMO the next four games will define our season. All of which being relatively difficult and in my head will define whether Wagners position maybe under threat. I am starting to think he isnt the right man for the job, however I cant see there being much change.

The state some grown adults get themselves into (okay, maybe grown adult doesn't apply to cambridge) after a poor performance albeit still a draw is concerning for society in general.

• Like 1

i am not against selling anyone as long as the money is reinvested ,

you sell someone for big money and buy two / three players to better yourself ,

But for that to work it your recruitment must be spot on ,

Prime example sold Emi should have bought a replacement and CDM 

It is when you keep or waste money then the squad gets weaker 

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

This was so annoying on Saturday,  just painful to watch!

This ISN'T playing it out from the back, it's playing it across the back with no purpose.

I don't necessarily totally blame the players mentioned here, it's more to do with the lack of options being created in front of them.

Ironically, Coventry showed us how to do it. Two or three quick passes (taking one touch to control - not the minimum three or four our defenders seem to need) and then playing it up field to a midfielder or attacker who had actually moved in to space.

I've no issues with playing out from the back but we arent doing that.