cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Swans V Canaries*

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Already 11 pts off top and 9 pts off 2nd. We were actually doing better under Smith at this stage.

This squad and this boss had no chance at top two. I’d be more concerned about how far we are going to fall 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Already 11 pts off top and 9 pts off 2nd. We were actually doing better under Smith at this stage.

He's still available......... 😜

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Would have been dissappointed with a 1-1 ,the way we were the better side in the second half.

Wagner completely shot us in the foot with some odd substitutions

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, S_81 said:

I still think that despite us having too many poor players in the squad - the decent ones amongst them would still ensure we are play off level - with a better manager in charge. 
But the cocktail of players / Wagner is a bottom half combination 

I agree we have the core of an OK team. McLean and Forshaw in midfield, with Sara further forward. Stacey and Dimi have both been very good so far this season, especially going forward. Rowe, although he needs to be less selfish at times. Barnes and Sargent when they are back fit. Perhaps Sainz, who knows?

But then there is a massive fall-off. People say we have been unlucky with injuries, but every club will have injuries. No ambitious club should be pinning their hopes on the likes of Idah, Hwang and Placheta unless there is a severe injury crisis. A three goalkeepers on the bench just to make up the numbers type of crisis.

I was hopeful for Wagner but I am starting to lose faith. I honestly believe if he had been banned from making any substitutes during games other than for injuries, we'd have more points than we currently have. 

• Like 1

Tactics. Who is our most ponderous player when in possession and a very poor passer. Gibson. Which Norwich player had the most touches tonight by some distance. Gibson. Say no more.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, vos said:

Tactics. Who is our most ponderous player when in possession and a very poor passer. Gibson. Which Norwich player had the most touches tonight by some distance. Gibson. Say no more.

And amongst those that played the majority of the match, who was second in pass accuracy % ?

Just asking

54 minutes ago, raunds canary said:

I don't understand that someone in the recruitment team advised to sign hwang who hasn't even played a minute for forest since signing for them. 

And the club insult our intelligence by saying he was the “top of the list”.

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

How did they scout him and watch him. He's nothing like what we needed. He was available,  that's it. 

Just seen that Idah miss from three yards out.

I mean, Placheta puts quite a lot on the cross. But even so, Idah's practically under the crossbar when he heads it

12 hours ago, Well b back said:

And amongst those that played the majority of the match, who was second in pass accuracy % ?

Just asking

There were so few decent passes I can't think of anyone. Oh, hang on a minute, what about Gunn !!!

I just hope DW doesn't quit on yesterday's experiment with Forshaw. That we were 1-0 down so early was nothing to do with midfield just our defence. I thought we looked much better with him there and to be fair he was fairly anonymous which seems a good thing in this case. Sara must, IMO, persist in getting forward so the less running he has to do must be better for him. Although I was surprosed to see him pressing their defence.

LOOKS like we just a mid table team, frustrating when others say we are a good team ie Duff etc , clearly its stretching the truth, or have others work out how we play, 

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I just hope DW doesn't quit on yesterday's experiment with Forshaw. That we were 1-0 down so early was nothing to do with midfield just our defence. I thought we looked much better with him there and to be fair he was fairly anonymous which seems a good thing in this case. Sara must, IMO, persist in getting forward so the less running he has to do must be better for him. Although I was surprosed to see him pressing their defence.

The problem with Sara is that he was looking constantly to thread through balls to offensive players and few options overlapping.

5 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

The problem with Sara is that he was looking constantly to thread through balls to offensive players and few options overlapping.

Duffy

Stacey

Hwang

Absolute waste of money 

Division  2 at best

Whoever was responsible advising NCFC that those 3 be signed should be sacked 

• Haha 1

Stacey is great, Duffy our best CB and miles ahead of Gibbs, Hwang not seen much but not great so far. 2 out of 3 ain’t bad. 

I guess we should’ve just picked up some premier league gems for free that miraculously no one else has noticed. Lol

• Like 1

20 hours ago, First Wazzock said:

Lose Saturday - and there's every chance - then I want Wagner gone

In next to no time he seems to be returning to that "meh" status he gained by the end of last season.

He talked his way out of this by convincing most of us that he had solved the problems associated with that awful run-in by adding steel and experience to the squad.

This has proven to be fragile and short-lived and an exact repeat of last season's downward spiral seems to be taking place before our very eyes. 

He is a better talker than he is a tactician, that's for sure, and I now doubt his worth as much as ever.

I suspect that he won't last long after Webber finally oils the chain on his bike and p-sses off from whence he came.

Following Dean Smith was an easier act to follow than David Wagner makes it. They seem much of a muchness in so many ways. 

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, K Lo said:

Was there really any advantage in getting rid of Farke ?

We will see on 21 October.

9 minutes ago, ridgeman said:

We will see on 21 October.

But Farke has a string, relegated team, with funds to spare. We are struggling without finances to strengthen the team (on a shoe string) which is starting to show.

I'm one for 'move on from Farke' but in hindsight his sacking hasnt helped us one iota. We've gone backwards and backwards since.

22 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I think they insulted themselves more with that statement, to be fair.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, K Lo said:

Was there really any advantage in getting rid of Farke ?

Absolutely none. Webber the fraud has bombed ever since but is accountable to no one. 

9 hours ago, daly said:

Duffy

Stacey

Hwang

Absolute waste of money 

Division  2 at best

IMO, Stacey has been excellent since his arrival. Duffy is generally good in the air, but he looks old and slow and is just as prone to errors as any of our recent defenders. He needs to focus less on bossing other players and more on his own performance, which so far has been so poor overall that he deserves to be dropped. Hwang has looked utterly useless, so bad that you think he can't really be that bad, no professional player can, so you hope he's going to do a Sargent and transform from a caterpillar to a butterfly. I have my doubts. At least with Sargent you could see effort and some virtues - e.g. hassling and chasing opponents and putting them under pressure - even if first touch and deft footwork wasn't among them. With Hwang so far it's hard to discern a single positive.

Edited by canarybubbles

What we never seem to do is show the utter determination to score in the way that Swansea did for their 2nd goal. They piled 7 or 8 players in & around the box & basically forced the ball home by hook or by crook.

We just don't have the character. As a team, as a club, we simply don't care enough. I'm afraid it's been one of the defining properties of the club over the past 20 or so years I've been watching them. I don't what it used to be like, but I can't imagine it changing any time soon.

Edited by ron obvious

10 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

But Farke has a string, relegated team, with funds to spare. We are struggling without finances to strengthen the team (on a shoe string) which is starting to show.

I'm one for 'move on from Farke' but in hindsight his sacking hasnt helped us one iota. We've gone backwards and backwards since.

Your first statement is true, Farke is at a strong club and with his persona having already taken hold, they will likely do very well.

As people know, i like to see positives - and for me the big positive was that we had Farke under a four year contract after a record breaking season and had we believed in him - as that contract suggested we would - then we might still have him here with his strength of mind and purpose, rather than what we've had since.

But we're very close to being the club we want to be imo, we do have some very good players and a good mix of talented youth and experience. We're missing the experience of Barnes and the dynamism of Sargent, without a doubt - and with our best players fit, we should be challenging better - and Wagner will look better too....after all playing well and/or winning helps everyone!

So while I'm a Farke fan, we still have it in us this season to do well - we're in a sticky patch at the moment, but with Rowe, Barnes and Sargent in full flow, allied to the midfield talent of Sara, Sainz and the others, we have every reason to think we will do well. 

12 hours ago, daly said:

Duffy

Stacey

Hwang

Absolute waste of money 

Division  2 at best

"Division  2 at best"

Good thing we are indeed in the second divison then

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, daly said:

Duffy

Stacey

Hwang

Absolute waste of money 

Division  2 at best

Apart from the fact Stacey has been one of our better performers and in my opinion is a cheaper and better option that Max was. So take that into consideration next time.

Edited by jaberry2
  • Like 1

Stacey is excellent going forward and has a great engine. I have concerns over his defensive capability though and he, and particularly Duffy, are starting to be a bit of a liability on the right hand side of our defence.