cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Swans V Canaries*

A bizarre line up. Substitutions that frequently make us worse. Defensively incapable throughout his tenure. There really are a number of fingers that can be pointed at Wagner. 

I think we're a side with a good first 11, but a pretty weak squad. Hwang has not impressed me at all. Stacey looks good bombing forward, but like Dimi, can be caught out defensively. I'm not ruling out that Forshaw may be the one, but a defensive midfielder has really been needed for about 4 seasons now. And Gibson and Duffy are both fragile as anything. Danny Batth needs to be brought in there ASAP. 

I think play offs are achievable. I'm starting to think that maybe to do it needs a change of manager and a rethink about how we defend. 

• Like 2

Just now, unique said:

We have very few goal scorers - a drum I have beaten for many, many months.

It’ either Sara or Rowe….Idah is reasonable from two yards out or the penalty spot, but that’s it!….the rest are bloody hopeless.

That I totally agree with

4 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I suspect the physicality of his style means that the attacking players struggle to last 90 minutes. But we just don't have enough quality players to make that sort of squad game work. Especially with Sargent and Barnes out.

I just don’t see that. I do not think we engage high enough as a cohesive group. I certainly think that Stacey and Dimi cover miles just don’t think the rest are putting in the numbers we had under Farke. 

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Our away form will cost us dearly this season.

I'm so frustrated by Wagner. I mean why take Rowe off?

Sara hardly involved since the subs.

Rowe was knackered.

The thing that will always irk me most is that we knew in March that our SD was leaving and instead of quickly acting to replace him we've not only taken our time but we've then also let him and his head coach have a last dance of sorts, where they've signed all these ageing 'experienced' players to give them the best shot of going out on a high. 

When it's more likely we're going to be left with neither the SD or head coach here come the seasons end but with contracts tying us down to 3/4 of these players who it will be pretty much impossible to get out from.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

A bizarre line up. Substitutions that frequently make us worse. Defensively incapable throughout his tenure. There really are a number of fingers that can be pointed at Wagner. 

I think we're a side with a good first 11, but a pretty weak squad. Hwang has not impressed me at all. Stacey looks good bombing forward, but like Dimi, can be caught out defensively. I'm not ruling out that Forshaw may be the one, but a defensive midfielder has really been needed for about 4 seasons now. And Gibson and Duffy are both fragile as anything. Danny Batth needs to be brought in there ASAP. 

I think play offs are achievable. I'm starting to think that maybe to do it needs a change of manager and a rethink about how we defend. 

Wagner got away with one in our last match. Been found out yet again today though.

Sorry utter crap result that we have real issues now away from home .. losing away to some poor sides .. not good enough all round …. 

If Idah had taken his chance we'd probably have won. A real shame for him and us. 

• Like 1

Annoying, that. Having looked the better side when equalising we basically tossed that one away. I do accept that explosive types like Rowe need to be kept fresh so some rotation is required, but what I didn't get was tossing the shape. Could we really not have put someone in Forshaw's position to hold the fort?

• Like 2

Just now, repman said:

The thing that will always irk me most is that we knew in March that our SD was leaving and instead of quickly acting to replace him we've not only taken our time but we've then also let him and his head coach have a last dance of sorts, where they've signed all these ageing 'experienced' players to give them the best shot of going out on a high. 

When it's more likely we're going to be left with neither the SD or head coach here come the seasons end but with contracts tying us down to 3/4 of these players who it will be pretty much impossible to get out from.

Yeah, and it's also hard to see the upside. Even if these experienced players somehow got us up, they'd all need replacing in the PL.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

Every week we make loads of substitutions & none of them changes a game. Very very poor

Does change the game

We get worse 

• Haha 1

It’s a bit of an odd one, we were winning tonight away from having 19 points from 10 games. That is bordering on promotion form in usual seasons but the team just seems there for the taking again.

I do fully understand that pukki and Buendia were excellent players that were better than the division but we still had a focus on technical football with quality technicians like Leitner, Vrancic, Stiepermann etc and we have moved away from that to be a huff and puff championship team based on a British core. It’s odd, it’s like we just moved away from our point of difference. 

Edited by Big O
  • Like 2

Just now, Wirecanary said:

Sorry utter crap result that we have real issues now away from home .. losing away to some poor sides .. not good enough all round …. 

That's a big part of the issue. Sure, swansea won their last two but were 19th in the table. Lost to them, Rotherham and Plymouth.

Does that sound like a team good enough for a promotion challenge?

• Like 2

Duffy started well but my god has dropped off awfully. I would try Warner alongside Gibson or Baath.

Forshaw has to play defensive midfield

Gunn

Stacey Warner Batth Giannoulis 

Forshaw

Sara McLean

Rowe  Fassnacht

Idah

Still, on the positive side, at least the Webber's have been able to give some good opportunities to their mates. At least the football club is good for something.

Harsh light of day we are 7th. I think we will be between there and 14th. Given the depth of squad and woeful lack of spending that’s probably about right with players we have. Enjoy Rowe this season as he won’t be here next year. 

3 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Rowe was knackered.

So? He would have the same relative fitness and fatigued to most other players on the pitch. It was a poor decision.

• Confused 1

Its unbelievable that the players who have the most touches in our team are two awfully slow and cumbersome CBs.

We, as supporters, know where the problems are in the team. It appears our coach and DoF(s) haven't a friggin clue.

If I hear somebody defending Gibson and Duffy again I swear I will scream.

Surely time to change that defence. He keeps playing the same line up despite conceding hat fulls.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Harsh light of day we are 7th. I think we will be between there and 14th. Given the depth of squad and woeful lack of spending that’s probably about right with players we have. Enjoy Rowe this season as he won’t be here next year. 

And neither will Sargent or Sara, who are far more damaging losses.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You know worries me? If we keep sliding to midtable and teams start asking about Sara and we need the money..

If we're not in or around the top 6 in January then Sara will be off, and for less than what he's worth too.

The only question then will be which friend the Webber's will recruit or promote with the proceeds.

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Surely time to change that defence. He keeps playing the same line up despite conceding hat fulls.

Sunderlands player of the season sitting on the bench. Blokes a defender. He must be wondering why he bothered joining us

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Quite, Wagner changes everything otherthan our weakest link, our carthorse defenders.

Really dont know how many other 'top half' sides wouldve somehow contrived to have lost that in the second half

Suppose bringing Hernandez,Placheta and Idah all on at the same time , 3 players that nobody knows what theyre going to do, including themselves doesnt help