Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*official Lappinitup match thread Canaries V Foxes*

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Aw, perhaps you should go to the dentist?  You a really are a pathetic individual.

But it shows he has been watching the game. And fishing at the same time. Looks like he has caught one for his supper.

3 minutes ago, S_81 said:

We’ve played quite well, all in all. But without creating much or making their keeper work. And against better teams in this league that will continue to cost us. 

Unfortunately thats what happens when you only spend £2m and sell over 30m worth.. we just dont have the depth of quality that is needed for a sustained promotion push.. nowhere near sadly.

Edited by Spillay
typo
  • Like 3

Just now, Jsim1986 said:

Not all doom and gloom but not signing a quality striker when we realised the extent of Sargent's injury is looking a more and more baffling decision.

Did you offer to pay for one? Because I’m not sure how we would have paid for a quality striker otherwise.

Just now, Channon’s Windmill said:

Tonight was a game where we needed every player at 100%, unfortunately nobody was anywhere near. For me Dimi our MoM, had a solid defensive game with 4 mins to go.

That’s a little unfair.  We weren’t at 100% first half but could easily have gone in 0-0, and have been asking a lot of questions in the second half.  Far from doom and gloom given the pre-match predictions

• Like 4

Just now, Well b back said:

Have you watched the game ? Gibson has made in the second half some outstanding interceptions.

Maybe you can explain why that was Gibsons fault ? Suspect maybe that would give away your complete lack of football knowledge.

Yes, I have no idea how anyone can look at a 3 on 3 counter attack where Stacey was ran past with ease and ALL GIBSON'S FAULT!!!!!

• Like 1

Frustrating night. Too many players had off nights first half. Second half have done ok but lack a bit of craft in the final third. We need Sainz to be good, we really do. 

Fassnacht and Rowe having off nights at the same time hurt us and I’m still not sure what our solution to the Sargent absence is. 

Edited by Jim Smith

Just now, Nuff Said said:

Did you offer to pay for one? Because I’m not sure how we would have paid for a quality striker otherwise.

Well we did sell a few for a couple of shekels each. I did mention Ryan Hardie during the window and was ****,poohed. Championship leading scorer.

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Frustrating night. Too many players had off nights first half. Second half have done ok but lack a bit of craft in the final third. We need Sainz to be good, as really do. 

Fassnacht and Rowe hashing off nights at the same time hurt us and I’m still not sure what our solution to the Sargent absence is. 

Yeah I was underwhelmed with Fassnacht tonight. Idah just doesn't seem to be able to bring all his obvious attributes together. We need some spark from Sainz and Nunez.

With Sargent out, Rowe and Sara probably having their worst games in a Norwich shirt and a few players losing their heads and making stupid decisions this was a tough ask really. I think with the effort we showed in the first half if our best players were on their game this would have been a different story but in the end it turned out to be hugely frustrating. My only disappointment really is how we completely threw in the towel after the second, you have to at least give the fans something even if the game is over but we just stopped running. 

Leicester looked like a solid PL team to me, which is where they'll be playing next season. 

I still think top 6 is achievable, but it does show how tough it would be if we were to be promoted. 

• Like 3

This highlights my concerns from the summer, we're miles short up front and pretty much screwed without Sargent. 

Could have been 1-1 had McLeans shot been an inch lower and then we wouldn't have been pushed so much to concede the 2nd on the break.

Put it behind us and onto the weekend 

Plenty of fight, not enough finesse. But they're definitely fighting and competing. We didn't always appear to get that under the previous manager.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, NWC said:

Agreed, ball played forward player in offside position puts it in - clear offside. 

He was level with Vardy, so definitely not offside

Good second half, probably better team and unlucky McLean or Duffy didn’t score.

I thought Gibson did decent tonight against team most regard as best in league.

we miss Sargent but think we’re a decent team who will be in play offs and could easily go up

OTBC

• Like 2

Just now, rock bus said:

we miss Sargent but think we’re a decent team who will be in play offs and could easily go up

Yeah this is how I see us too. We're probably in a chunk of about 8 teams who aren't good enough for top 2 but good enough to grab a top 6 spot.

8 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I think he was ahead, should be offside.  I don’t like the line drawing but it would get the correct result. 

It'll be interesting to see the highlights. My first reaction was astonishment - he looked absolutely miles offside to me.

45 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Thought you would be watching the mighty Leeds ? Lol

No, not even bothered what Farke does now. More interested in why a player of ours tries to score from a difficult position when there is a player less than five yards away who has a clear shot, and then goes up the other end of the field and needlessly pushes a Leicester player in our box.

Leicester were very good, but that one performance - call it scapegoating if you like - but that one perfomance was a big reason why we lost tonight. If Farke was still our manager, he would have pulled Fassnacht off at half time and put him in the U21's as a punishment.  Maybe Fassnacht has a lot to learn and will do better next time, but if I was manager I would be furious with him after those two serious errors of judgement.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Well we did sell a few for a couple of shekels each. I did mention Ryan Hardie during the window and was ****,poohed. Championship leading scorer.

We were told Gibbs could do a job ha ! We should have bought that boy from Peterborough Clarke - Harris was going for 800k until his deal fell through transfer day ,

Hungry to prove himself and bangs goals in for fun in Lg 1 and scored 12 in champs for Peterborough perfect back up or even starter with Sarge when he is back 

1 minute ago, ron obvious said:

It'll be interesting to see the highlights. My first reaction was astonishment - he looked absolutely miles offside to me.

Yeah that was my first though. Replays showed it was very tight, difficult to tell for sure without our old pal VAR.

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

That’s a little unfair.  We weren’t at 100% first half but could easily have gone in 0-0, and have been asking a lot of questions in the second half.  Far from doom and gloom given the pre-match predictions

Each to their own, not gloom and doom at all, think you misread me, if you think the likes of Sara, Rowe or many others were 100 % on it that’s not what I saw, we weren’t poor by a long stretch but at the end of the day we have been better this season. Imo losing Sargent will (has)  have a real impact, the sooner he is back the better. 

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Yeah this is how I see us too. We're probably in a chunk of about 8 teams who aren't good enough for top 2 but good enough to grab a top 6 spot.

With Sargent and Barnes fit, I’d agree. Without either we’re mid table at best. Such bad luck to lose Sarge till Jan. 

• Like 1

Just now, lake district canary said:

If Farke was still our manager, he wouldNo he  have pulled Fassnacht off at half time and put him in the U21's as a punishment. 

No he wouldn't have done, don't be silly.

We huffed and puffed and was no lack of effort tonight but quality wise and final third we look weak . We just don’t look like scoring. Sarge is huge miss. Leicester however should walk this league they have miles more quality than anyone else in this league 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ron obvious said:

Maybe an arm, var would have ruled it out, can understand why Lino didn’t. Thought we gave it a real go tonight against a good team. Depth of bench was a difference, we can’t afford to be without Sargent, Nunez, Sainz. We’re too thin 

I always saw this game as a 3-1 defeat. Sounds like we made a decent effort into finding an equaliser. Just hoping that Barnes’ injury isn’t too serious (just a knock etc),  as with no Sargent we need him for every game

Leicester are just the team the season, thought Southampton were going to be better! But there’s still time! 
We’re a decent championship team but that’s it, we don’t have the quality in depth to seriously challenge a full season to top this league, if we can stay fit we might just scrape top 6 but even that’s a tough call in my view.

Leicester were just that bit better and looked it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spillay said:

Unfortunately thats what happens when you only spend £2m and sell over 30m worth.. we just dont have the depth of quality that is needed for a sustained promotion push.. nowhere near sadly.

Agreed. We’ll be lucky to be in touch with 6th at the run in. 

• Confused 1