Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*official Lappinitup match thread Canaries V Foxes*

Barnes certainly can’t play the lone striker! He’s been ineffective along with Rowe who looks totally lost today.

2 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

This one is down to Wagner. Wrong team playing against a Leicester side with 5 changes who are playing completely differently to expected. Out thought by Maresca, I'm afraid. Rowe, Gibbs and Fassnacht all awful so far. Gibson almost as bad. We have nothing to aim for up front; no control or tempo. Let's see what Wagner has in mind to get back in it. Personally, I'd put Idah on.

That says it all. If Idah is the solution, god only knows what the question is. Having said that some form of change is necessary. 5 subs at half time? 

Just now, mastoola said:

maybe some people just cant afford it,  would you rather i take food from my children?

Stupid retort.

Like I said. It is not an economic right.

I can't afford an Aston Martin. But I'm not going to steal one, I'm just going to accept it.

Jesus christ, pay or don't pay. Sort yourself out.

• Like 1

We’ll all be crying out for Idah before long, Gibbs can be such a lightweight.

If Gibson slows the game down by putting his foot on the ball, you know a mis-placed pass is imminent……

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

They out-Fox-ed us in the last ten.  Only needs one goal though.

But that might make it 2-0!

• Haha 1

I think we'd feel okay if it was 0-0, a very silly penalty to give away but those are the fine margins between promotion and not. Very silly challenge. 

11 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

And that selfishness when Barnes was in a great position. Not at the races.

Agreed - pathetic challenge given the circumstances, something I'd expect my grassroots team to do. Norwich are so slow on & off the ball it's painful, first game I've had to watch on TV this season and it looks in slow motion. 

Gibbs giving up challenges and chasing down the ball before he's even got out of first gear is frustrating too. 

Any early changes?

Just now, Flying Dutchman said:

Stupid retort.

Like I said. It is not an economic right.

I can't afford an Aston Martin. But I'm not going to steal one, I'm just going to accept it.

Jesus christ, pay or don't pay. Sort yourself out.

what a horrible person you are   so privileged im sure also how much will the club get from it after business takes their share

The worrying thing is that I look at our bench and there isn’t a single player standing out as a ‘bring him on after 60 mins’, even with Fassnacht and Rowe performing as they are. I guess we’ll see Hernandez come on and maybe Idah for Gibbs, but it feels like a really significant drop off from the pitch to the bench at the moment.

and as I type that I see Placheta is coming on for Rowe…

Wow, taking Rowe off seems very odd to me. He hasn't done much so far but if you were going to guess who might pull something out of his hat it would be him.

3 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Has Gibson been bad! I think he’s done ok! Can’t see why people always turn on him first 

Watch him closely, the last ten minutes of the half he was all over the place, he is and always has been a weak link against anyone with pace.

2 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

This one is down to Wagner. Wrong team playing against a Leicester side with 5 changes who are playing completely differently to expected. Out thought by Maresca, I'm afraid. Rowe, Gibbs and Fassnacht all awful so far. Gibson almost as bad. We have nothing to aim for up front; no control or tempo. Let's see what Wagner has in mind to get back in it. Personally, I'd put Idah on.

Thought we started well and challenged them. We have purposefully put the high press on to make them go long but the quality of the passing from their keeper means they have worked it out. Equally Leicester have closed all space down for Rowe which leaves us struggling for an out ball. One thing is clear we can’t play the same way as we will be down to 10 so we will now have to concede possession to them, stay in the game and try and make it ragged in the last 20 and see why we can get. 

Just now, mastoola said:

what a horrible person you are   so privileged im sure also how much will the club get from it after business takes their share

How the actual f*ck is a stance of not stealing stuff that costs money, in any way privileged?!

Jesus wept.

And they'll get more than if you steal it. 

Pay or don't watch entertainment. That is LITERALLY how the world works. It's illegal for a reason.

Just now, Fuzzar said:

Placheta on for Rowe - that's fair enough. 

Our main source of goals this season?

There we’re plenty ahead oh him in a forlorn queue.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Yeah we're not out of it but there doesn't seem much spark in the attack right now. Hopefully Wagner can tweak some things.

Sounds like Barnes is going dropping far to deep which is his game  normally but not if he is playing up front alone ,

i think the change of shape has confused us more than Leicester 

Very disappointing to see so many of our players just not at the races so far. Sara has been kicked out of the game. Rowe had Fassnacht having their worst games of the season. Gibson continues to be an utter liability when we have the ball in our own half and he or Duffy look odds on for a red card.

Nothing in it for half an hour and then we imploded somewhat. Frightening how much difference Sargent makes. Losing one player should not have this level of impact. 

4 minutes ago, mastoola said:

Your ENTIRE argument GENUINELY is 'I can't afford it so I should get it free'.

And you call me privileged?! U OK hun?

Edited by Flying Dutchman

8 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Has Gibson been bad! I think he’s done ok! Can’t see why people always turn on him first 

He is like a rabbit in the headlights with the ball at his feet

1 minute ago, unique said:

Our main source of goals this season?

There we’re plenty ahead oh him in a forlorn queue.

He didn't look like scoring tonight. 

Gibbs should have been off at half time. Best hope Dewsbury-Hall doesn’t come on against him.

As for Rowe coming off - not had his best game but far more of a danger than Placheta, surely. 

8 minutes ago, robertociNCFC said:

I really am not understanding the negativity? We were evenly matched for the majority of the half, I can see how this season is gonna go with all the weak willed fans sh!tting themselves as soon as it doesn't go our way.

It’s the weak-willed passing and the weal-willed challenges that is worrying the weak-willed fans…….