Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*official Lappinitup match thread Canaries V Foxes*

No fears. We want to play the best. And they appear to be one of them. But maybe so are we. even under DF, we stuttered in our Champonship winning seasons. Put Saturday's second half behind us. Remember the first half.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Apparently he didn’t stop you having a go

I don't think he's capable.

Match thread wars.

Weather forecast looking horrendous for those of us venturing out. Hope the lads give us a performance whatever the result.

16 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Match thread wars.

Weather forecast looking horrendous for those of us venturing out. Hope the lads give us a performance whatever the result.

Those in the south stand will be alright. Everyone else, a bit moist!

I’m not confident about this one, primarily because I think we are too open through the middle with this formation against the very best sides so I fear we are due a wake up call.

I would play an extra midfielder for that reason instead of one of the strikers but Wagner won’t.

one thing I am confident of though is that at home, under the lights, we will at least make them work for it. 

• Like 1

I can rarely remember a game in the 2nd tier when we were in the top 4 and the feeling going into a game on this MB was so completely negative as this one.  I do agree, like @Jim Smith I think we're too open in the middle. 

Living in Nottingham I know quite a few Leicester fans and a couple of them have reminded me that our 3-1 win at their old stadium was one of the best away performances they've seen, that was a Wes masterclass.  So, never say die...

3 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

I can rarely remember a game in the 2nd tier when we were in the top 4 and the feeling going into a game on this MB was so completely negative as this one.  I do agree, like @Jim Smith I think we're too open in the middle. 

Living in Nottingham I know quite a few Leicester fans and a couple of them have reminded me that our 3-1 win at their old stadium was one of the best away performances they've seen, that was a Wes masterclass.  So, never say die...

Can we get Sara to wear an Ireland top? Prehaps get him to wear the number 14?

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

A bit moist? Mate its early afternoon behave 😉

I reject your suggestion.

The river end will be dry, they haven't been moist in 60 years!

• Haha 1

Is it just me or does an 8pm kick off seem much later than 7.45 even tho it isn't. I should be happy really as its more time in the pub!

20 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

Is it just me or does an 8pm kick off seem much later than 7.45 even tho it isn't. I should be happy really as its more time in the pub!

less time afterwards though...just saying.

34 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

Yeah feels a bit odd. We're meeting earlier even though the kickoff is later on the basis we probably won't have as much time after the game to achieve same volume.

If both teams use 5 subs and the physios get called into action, it could be gone 10pm before the match finishes.

2 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Yeah, 8pm does feel a lot later for some reason, it's only 15 minutes ha. Persume its a SKY dictated thing, they've shown other 8pm midweek games already. No surprise that they call the shots.

2 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Yes!! Bed time will be looming large at the final whistle 

I will say it Again Time for Idah to step up and fill those strikers shoes !! 

i think it shows how important Sarge is everything seems more attacking when he plays got to get back to that way of playing 

Grinding results out is fine and i know you have to do that but Attacking unit has to step up a little to early game form 

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

i think it shows how important Sarge is everything seems more attacking when he plays got to get back to that way of playing 

Grinding results out is fine and i know you have to do that but Attacking unit has to step up a little to early game form 

Wonder how many times we will given Idah "one last big chance" before he scores?

3 hours ago, Rottingdean canary said:

Aren't we now more suited for a game in awful weather having more physical players and more direct style? Compared with Leicester who are presumably more Guardiola style? 

2-1 to us😁

Leicester are a counter attacking team. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wonder how many times we will given Idah "one last big chance" before he scores?

Every Game !! I Really feel if he gets a couple in a Row we might see a different player , to be fair he is not missing many chances he is not getting many clear chances ,

ok one at weekend was a bit tame but not many chances falling to him at moment ,

is that him not making the runs ,not putting in the work Sarge does maybe 

40 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

That aged well. Idah dropped.