Sign in to follow this  
Parma Ham's gone mouldy

Brilliant piece by Kathy πŸ™πŸ½

Brilliant piece by Kathy on the Canaries Trust monthly report.

Everybody should read it.Β 

https://www.canariestrust.org/so/4cOeOuOhG?languageTag=en&cid=215db854-15f5-44c7-9d32-44aefdb8cc47

Thinking of you @Kathy β€οΈπŸ™πŸ½

ParmaΒ 

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
β€οΈπŸ™πŸ½
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 10

Thanks PH. I wasn't sure if it was appropriate for a football website, but it seems to have been well received.

Edited by Kathy
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 3

Best wishes to you Kathy.

I know how it feels to be told you have cancer. For me it was 14 years ago.

Remember those words, "its no longer a death sentence". There are lots of us around who are living proof of that.

Β 

• Like 11

Wishing you all the best on your recovery Kathy. A big well done for using your platform to share your experience with others to raise awareness and support those also going through similar journeys. Please continue to share πŸ™

• Like 1

Wow, I dont know you Kathy, other than on here, but you are a sister in the NCFC family, and I send you my very bestΒ wishes for a positive outcome.Β 

What a very honest, openΒ great heartfelt piece you have written. Brought back some memories for me, of when my family went through similar,Β  and shed a few tears im not ashamed to admit.Β Β 

Like most people, cancer has touched my families life, and is a horrible thing to deal with. But together with your family, friends, That man who gave you a hug, the NHS (who absolutely excel at this),Β and everything that makes you be you - you canΒ fight this. Every single person is standing alongside & with youΒ (anΒ others with the same diagnosis) and your family, as they need support too.Β 

As GPB said above - you're going to win this, and be there to celebrate many many more Jonny Rowes goals!

You've also got to keep thatΒ @TIL 1010Β in order too!Β 

You've got this.Β  Β 

You said you weren't sure to put it on a football site - please dont think twice about posting about it again, and certainly late August when you get your results too. We will all have you in our thoughts and prayers until then, and beyond.Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 4

Bravely lived and bravely put Kathy. Your story will help others make good decisions about their own health.

All our PUPs will be sending prayers, positive thoughts, love and PUPpower for the next steps in your journey.

You've got this.

Edited by nutty nigel
πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’ͺ🏿πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ🏿πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ🏿πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ🏿πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ🏿πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ🏿πŸ’ͺ
  • Like 3

BTW @Kathy Β - youre going to run out of Likes on this thread. I'm happy to donate some of mine if required. πŸ˜‰Β 

Edited by Greavsy
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kathy said:

Thanks PH. I wasn't sure if it was appropriate for a football website, but it seems to have been well received.

It's appropriate for as many places as you can spread the word Kathy. Spread your story and message as farΒ and wide as you can.

You're our Kathy and we shall all support you every step of the journey back to full health.Β 

• Like 2

What an extremely eloquent, emotional and well-written piece. I'm sure I speak for all NCFC fans when I wish you a full and speedy recovery, so you can continue the fantastic work you do on behalf of the Trust and as a Canaries fan in general. OTBCΒ πŸ’›πŸ’š

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

What an extremely eloquent, emotional and well-written piece. I'm sure I speak for all NCFC fans when I wish you a full and speedy recovery, so you can continue the fantastic work you do on behalf of the Trust and as a Canaries fan in general. OTBCΒ πŸ’›πŸ’š

I mean this seriously, but it wont sound like it, but that is praise indeed, given your occupation, as a proof reader Wolfie.Β 

Well said, and totally agree.Β 

3 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Wow, I dont know you Kathy, other than on here, but you are a sister in the NCFC family, and I send you my very bestΒ wishes for a positive outcome.Β 

What a very honest, openΒ great heartfelt piece you have written. Brought back some memories for me, of when my family went through similar,Β  and shed a few tears im not ashamed to admit.Β Β 

Like most people, cancer has touched my families life, and is a horrible thing to deal with. But together with your family, friends, That man who gave you a hug, the NHS (who absolutely excel at this),Β and everything that makes you be you - you canΒ fight this. Every single person is standing alongside & with youΒ (anΒ others with the same diagnosis) and your family, as they need support too.Β 

As GPB said above - you're going to win this, and be there to celebrate many many more Jonny Rowes goals!

You've also got to keep thatΒ @TIL 1010Β in order too!Β 

You've got this.Β  Β 

You said you weren't sure to put it on a football site - please dont think twice about posting about it again, and certainly late August when you get your results too. We will all have you in our thoughts and prayers until then, and beyond.Β 

Β 

Β 

Well said G

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Beautiful piece, Kathy. Best wishes for your recovery. AtΒ a slight tangent, just as it is vital for womenΒ to get checked for breast cancer so it is equally importantΒ for men to conquer their squeamishness and be tested for prostate cancer.

14 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Beautiful piece, Kathy. Best wishes for your recovery. AtΒ a slight tangent, just as it is vital for womenΒ to get checked for breast cancer so it is equally importantΒ for men to conquer their squeamishness and be tested for prostate cancer.

Good point purple.Β 

A prostate exam, whilst not pleasent isn't painful in any way.Β 

Whenever I have a routine blood test for anything these days, even just aΒ cholesterol/ diabetes one I ask them to measure PSA at the same time. They always do, without any quibble.Β 

Β 

Edited by Greavsy

8 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Good point purple.Β 

A prostate exam, whilst not pleasent isn't painful in any way.Β 

Whenever I have a routine blood test for anything these days, even just aΒ cholesterol/ diabetes one I ask them to measure PSA at the same time. They always do, without any quibble.Β 

Β 

Having had that first examination about 16 years ago I now have a scan and a blood test, including the PSA level, everyΒ six months to show my urologist.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Absolutely. This isn't really about me or even breast cancer. I wrote this to raise awareness of how important it is to attend your scans whether it be breast cancer, prostate cancer, cervical smears, or that rather unpleasant thing you have to do with p00Β first thing in the morning!Β πŸ˜‚

(Just found out the Pinkun wont let you write the P word!)

It doesn't cost you a penny so it's a no brainer.

Edited by Kathy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Must echo everything that’s been written about this Kathy. A lovely piece and takes courage to write it.

Most of us are pretty decent people but I thought your mention of thatΒ strangerΒ who gave you a big hug shows that human kindness can manifest itself in the most unlikelyΒ way.

Β 

Keeping everything crossed for you Kathy - 1 of my friends is going through exactly the same as you atm, she should be starting her treatment next week.Β 

• Like 1