Midlands Yellow

Millwall Predictions

They've got some attacking quality in their ranks, especially Flemming, and you'll always get in a right scrap with them as they generally tend to be pretty solid in defence. They'll definitely have their moments as we're still finding our feet defensively.

We are more streetwise though, and I think we'll win it with a late one. 1-0 or 2-1 sounds about right.

13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

10 minutes in 1-1

45 minutes in 2-2

75 minutes in 2-3

80 minutes in 3-3

90+10 minutes in 4-3 Rowe winner

That would be exiting but would anyone notice with eyes glued to the main even? 

38 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That would be exiting but would anyone notice with eyes glued to the main even? 

Providing the women's final doesn't go to extra time, it should be over by half time at Carrow Road.

29 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

2-0 Barnes and Sargent. 

Barnes could do with a goal. Based on what I've seen (Soton game, highlights of the other two), he's had a really good start to the season and looks a great presence in the team. Hope he can add a goal or two to that on Sunday 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

They've got some attacking quality in their ranks, especially Flemming, and you'll always get in a right scrap with them as they generally tend to be pretty solid in defence. They'll definitely have their moments as we're still finding our feet defensively.

We are more streetwise though, and I think we'll win it with a late one. 1-0 or 2-1 sounds about right.

I really rate Flemming from what I've seen of him - he was one of my choices on the 'who would you like to see us sign' thread earlier in the year. 

Given our links with Fortuna Sittard it is slightly criminal that he ended up at Millwall for not very much money - a player who would fit in nicely here ...

Millwall are a very decent side who will be somewhere close to the top 6 come the end of the season - but I'll go for a 2-1 City win.

I’m hoping for a nice easy afternoon but I can’t help thinking Millwall are a serious proposition that will do well this season. If we play to our potential and don’t make stupid mistakes we should win.

Optimistic 3-1 prediction (0-0 at half time)

Our results have been better than our performances. Only a matter of time before we get a deserved hiding. I think it will be Sunday. Early kick off, on the telly, empty ground because we’re all staying home to watch the WWCF… recipe for a humbling. Hopefully the drum will be there and the entourage can give it some wellie towards the ‘wall fans. I’m leaving the Stone Island and C.P. company gear at home this week.

I think 0-3. Nephew Tom on the pitch at HT (0-2) to try and drum up - excuse the pun - some support from the 6,000 in attendance, only to be pelted with coke bottles without lids, pukka pie trays and an array of half eaten “lukewarm dogs”.

Can only hope I’m wrong. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Our results have been better than our performances. Only a matter of time before we get a deserved hiding. I think it will be Sunday. Early kick off, on the telly, empty ground because we’re all staying home to watch the WWCF… recipe for a humbling. Hopefully the drum will be there and the entourage can give it some wellie towards the ‘wall fans. I’m leaving the Stone Island and C.P. company gear at home this week.

I think 0-3. Nephew Tom on the pitch at HT (0-2) to try and drum up - excuse the pun - some support from the 6,000 in attendance, only to be pelted with coke bottles without lids, pukka pie trays and an array of half eaten “lukewarm dogs”.

Can only hope I’m wrong. 

You will be but then you know that when you write your negative polemics

3-2 Rowe with the winner 

We are still shipping goals 

Will be a tough game and teams will always be hopeful of a result until we tighten up at the back 

Got an uneasy feeling about this one - Millwall a thorn in many teams sides and taking off my Yellow and Green glasses can see us struggling and possibly scraping out only a draw 

We are to Millwall what Fulham are to us. They absolutely dread coming here and reading their forum (not for the faint hearted) they fully expect to lose. I suspect that feeling gets to the players. I do hope we don't disappoint them! 

I'm going for a thumping home victory 

Interesting to see if Millwall are suffering from the death of their owner yet. Comfortable win for us. 3:1

The last twenty minutes or so of our last game against the Lions last season we were pounded like no other that season.

It made Southampton's onslaught seem moderate stuff by comparison, and we were lucky to come out of the game with three points. 

The win gave us false hope, and very false it turned out to be.

From that evidence (alone) I'll take it that Millwall won't come to park the bus and will aspire to a victory. It could well suit our face-on approach and counter attacking skills as we are a different kettle of fish now and are in front of our own, who are also showing signs of being a different kettle of fish.

I just fancy a home result above all else.

Norwich win 55%

Draw 25%

Millwall win 20%

Edited by BroadstairsR

On 17/08/2023 at 20:20, Robert N. LiM said:

Barnes could do with a goal. Based on what I've seen (Soton game, highlights of the other two), he's had a really good start to the season and looks a great presence in the team. Hope he can add a goal or two to that on Sunday 

My predictions/hopes usually ensure the opposite will happen. Very glad to hear that hasn't been the case today.