1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’m thinking they’ll come and have a proper good go but but we’ll be good enough to win. 3.1 Norwich with a Sargent brace. 

That sort of prediction belongs in the Ray's fund thread. Get in there before the season starts! 🙂

• Like 2

Ideal first fixture as Hull are probably a mid-table side in the making, although two predictions I recall have them either top six or bottom six.

Lose this and any optimism I have scraped up regarding our fortunes this season will instantly dissipate.

1-0.

In percentage terms I'd say:

Norwich win 55%

Hull win: 20%

Draw 25% 

Edited by BroadstairsR

Tough to call, depends if we have the hangover from last season! Two players in the squad who we’re trying to offload and a club In transition from board level down! Lot’s of distractions but in theory the squad looks more balanced in terms of experience now!

I believe a 1-1 draw with a decent performance would keep most happy and first game is always a tough one to win! 1-1

Expecting to win. 2-0. Hull are pretty poor, so will be good to see a good home performance for the first time in a long time

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

Tough to call, depends if we have the hangover from last season! Two players in the squad who we’re trying to offload and a club In transition from board level down! Lot’s of distractions but in theory the squad looks more balanced in terms of experience now!

I believe a 1-1 draw with a decent performance would keep most happy and first game is always a tough one to win! 1-1

Wagner needed this pre season and there’s lots to like with results but more importantly performances.

We look nastier, fitter and signs we actually have a plan now to beat teams. Can’t see a top 2 finish just yet but Play-Offs at least should be the aim. 

I expect it will be the first in a long line of defeats, culminating in relegation by Xmas. So enjoy this win. A time when the club were not bankrupt

No more excuses from Wagner ,

So players should be up to his fitness ,

should have the players tuned into his style and tactics ,

should be as much his team now as it can be ( i imagine he has other targets ),

i am worried about  2 players in CM without a CDM cover in front of CB's,

i hope we win 2-1 ,

sloppy mistake filled game 1-1 till about 80th min Idah to get a winner to settle the nerves ,

i feel we have to get off to a winning start for fans to buy into Wagner ,

Southampton away then Millwall is not a easy start ..for a under pressure Manager

I'd be happy with a home goal since Feb and signs that the press will be effective and close the chasm wagners tactics left in midfield last season.

I love the excitement of the new season 

For anyone who was there for Cardiff away last year ( I was) remember the singing pre match only for us to be absolutely woeful and not muster a shot all game.

I agree we look far more like a team and in Barnes and Duffy have some real men.

2-0 ( Sargent and Farsi )

Predictions?..Itll be the start of Autumn...15C...driving  rain and windy. The football?...a lottery, 50/50 either way so  maybe a draw.

And as I was going on to say anyone who watched England v China will be frighten by an opposition playing 3 at the back with an overload in midfield. So much depends on Barnes and sergeant and the press.

7 hours ago, Essjayess said:

Predictions?..Itll be the start of Autumn...15C...driving  rain and windy. The football?...a lottery, 50/50 either way so  maybe a draw.

It used to be that we were guaranteed sunshine on the first day of the season but the weather's going to be awful. I predict that people in the front seats are going to get very wet. 

I'm not keen on football betting but Hull are 4/1 to win. I've got a nasty feeling...... 

37 - 1

Hull have been playing FIFA all summer and won't have Thier shiz together.

Sarge will hit 20 and idah 17 shutting up all the neigh sayers, of course we will concede one because we will fart about at the back as usual , first 2 mins to make everyone groan.

Mark Anatasio will turn out to be a pseudonym used by Stephen Fry and he will invest £50 as well as a hosting a Black Adder reunion dinner where everyone apart from Tony Robinson will show up.

The drummer will mercifully still be trying to resit his GCSEs at the university of Leicester having failed music for the 4th successive year. In his sted will be a cut out of dani dyer the carrow road lot missing the point and sticking her cut out in there as we failed to sign Jared Bowen when we had the chance.

Despite the multiple record breaking win Canary call will be inundated with people moaning we havent got a striker or asking why the manager didn't play Pukki as he's our best ghoul scorer neal.

Norwich fans will still be miserable but yet consoled by the fact that it turned out farkes work permit didn't come through and Leeds moved to bring in Smith to replace him. Ipswich lose  Thier first game 1-0 following a worldie of an accidental oggy. 30 yard screamer following halftime when their winger forgets the pitch ends have reset, he's off celebrating for 5 mins before he realises what he's done.

Meanwhile Vlad puttin fires viral missles at Europe and rishi boi puts us into lockdown. Turns out the virus was just talc as the Kremlin's budget was stretched. Because of the lock down and disbanding of the football leagues norwich win the championship on GD and go to the premier League having played one game.

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Haha 1

2-1, 1-1 on 89 minutes with the moaners leaving the ground early only for those of us who stay to see a 90 +3 winner....