1 hour ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

You mean like Snodgrass was one of our players playing for his National team? Didn’t stop you slating him did it? 

Do as I say, not as I do. Classic Lakey.

OTBC

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Snodgrass was a mature, supposedly experienced player, who tried to be a one man team. That is far worse in my book that a young player trying to make his way, but who has twice been out quite long term injured or played out of position too many times because our star striker was rarely injured or out of the team. 

Smith and Shaky actually started to get the best from him and he looked very effective, but then got injured and since back from that injury has not yet regained his form.  But he will - and the club plainly believe that - and the least we can do is support him in that process. 

Have people actually looked at that Everton game and seen what he can do? Did people not see the games he played under SAS where he looked powerful and positive?  Probably yes, but as usual, people like to be negative about him. 

He is struggling for form, that is all - and good players usually find their form sooner or later.

If by 'one man team' , you mean he was the only one who looked like he cared in the latter stages of the Hughton/Adams relegation season , he's guilty as charged

If the rest of the players showed his heart and desire to stay up that season, we may have done

6 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

I appreciate what you’re saying but if you’re looking at Idah in relation to promotion push we don’t have 3/4 years to wait for his peak and offer anymore patience. I’m in the camp of him having this season to kick on and draw a line under it

To add to this, it would be good for the club to issue some kind of statement regarding a plan again - like McNally / Webber did in their tenures. It gives fans an expectation of what we’re aiming for and this fits into the Idah narrative, if we’re attempting a 2/3 yr rebuild then we’re offering longer contracts to younger players for this reason. At the moment I just don’t see what our plan is other than every other team’s plan in the Championship: promotion. 

If it’s a promotion push, I’d argue flippantly we do have 3/4 years to play with.   Agree about the plan idea, but the fools are planning for promotion and this squad, even first XI are light years off that!    That’s before we offload the best and most valuable ones!    It means we won’t even try to develop, we’ll have a couple of loans, the experienced players will take the starting positions and we’ll fail again.  

Sadly, they’ve lost their way IMO!    Experience is necessary but we need that to help the development, not hinder it!    Fear it will be the latter because we are pushing promotion.

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Snodgrass was a mature, supposedly experienced player, who tried to be a one man team. That is far worse in my book that a young player trying to make his way, but who has twice been out quite long term injured or played out of position too many times because our star striker was rarely injured or out of the team. 

Smith and Shaky actually started to get the best from him and he looked very effective, but then got injured and since back from that injury has not yet regained his form.  But he will - and the club plainly believe that - and the least we can do is support him in that process. 

Have people actually looked at that Everton game and seen what he can do? Did people not see the games he played under SAS where he looked powerful and positive?  Probably yes, but as usual, people like to be negative about him. 

He is struggling for form, that is all - and good players usually find their form sooner or later.

I saw him lots live last season. Enough to see that Smith and Shakey did get the best out of him. And that is still dross 

5 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

You mean like Snodgrass was one of our players playing for his National team? Didn’t stop you slating him did it? 

He offers absolutely nothing and this club should be ashamed to offer this man 5 years contract costing us millions 

Just shows how low we have become 

Will take years to become a Premiership club again if ever

• Like 1

I think I'll leave all of you to it.  I plainly know nothing and he is a total waste of time, the club know nothing about football and his national team know nothing about football. Our great and knowledgeable fans think he is rubbish, even though he's had a bad time with injuries and hasn't yet had much chance to play in his best position and clearly lacks a bit of confidence.......yeah, I'll leave you to it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I think I'll leave all of you to it.  I plainly know nothing and he is a total waste of time, the club know nothing about football and his national team know nothing about football. Our great and knowledgeable fans think he is rubbish, even though he's had a bad time with injuries and hasn't yet had much chance to play in his best position and clearly lacks a bit of confidence.......yeah, I'll leave you to it. 

Good call Lakey.

But that Carlton Morris is a good player apparently, even though he'd achieved less than Adam at the same age.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

i think he might get plenty  of games Next season ,

i would start with Sarge up front but it is not Guaranteed he is going to score like he did last season ,

Yes when he played there at the start of season he played really well but he has to repeat that ( hope he does )

if Idah starts scoring as sub etc he gets the position ,

the position is up for grabs but sarge starts first 

I hope before the season is out that we see Adam play as well as everybody seems to want him to play because I am afraid we may well see Josh play as badly as we have seen him play in the past.

Unless we change our system I have great fears over how well Bali will perform as well.

There has been nothing yet to excite me about the season to come. Not even the signing of an 19 year old National League player.

I think it may be a very long season.

53 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I haven't read anyone saying that. Though I have seen Idah playing, over a number of years. As before, the confidence stuff is just an attempt at a distraction. It is not his lack of goals but his lack of ability or technique. You either have that, or you don't, irrespective of where you are on the pitch at anytime. Just because a club gets it wrong with a player (Wolfswinkle, Morris) does nor mean it knows nothing. Their current standing as with Ireland is that Idah will come good. However, there is NOTHING to suggest he has the ability to come good. There is though the knowledge that we will be in a vital future determining season. There is no room for allowing someone who, up to this point, does not have it in him to see if he can become a pro footballer.

For every Carlton Morris who came good, there have been dozens of others who drifted downwards. You can blame everyone else as much as you like, but Idah has not lived up to expectation. And so supporters are right to point this out. Your stance seems to be to blame supporters for not believing enough.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Saying from what I’ve seen that he is dross isn’t really deserving of the sarcasm. Placheta gets games for Poland occasionally and he is awful too, although young. Saying I would rather not have him in the squad isn’t writing his career off, it’s just saying he isn’t worthy of our first team and makes no impact off the bench either. If we had other strikers I’d not be sad to see him go, aside from the wasted money. Carlton Morris showed a lot more promise than Idah when I saw him preseason all those years ago, but he didn’t seem to fit with our plans under DF so off he went and 5 years later he has done great work in the second tier. That’s credit to him, but wouldn’t have happened with us, would he have got ahead of Pukki? No chance. Idah has not really looked good, pretty much ever. Even Hugill showed more promise and he was rightfully binned off. Idah doesn’t start ahead of Sargent or Barnes imo and we don’t score many if they’re both injured either, imo also. 

If he comes on I’ll not boo him and I’ll not get on his back. If he scores I’ll celebrate, but if he gets injured or gets sold I’ll be so unbothered it wouldn’t even register. 

If Idah gets a good pre season under his belt then you never know. But I’ll not be putting a bet on him getting 10 goals this season 

Adam to go on a goal fest next season folks. 25 goals plus and a goal every match for Ireland. That Preston treble will look the norm. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

8 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Good call Lakey.

But that Carlton Morris is a good player apparently, even though he'd achieved less than Adam at the same age.

What has Idah actually achieved?

1 hour ago, alex_ncfc said:

What has Idah actually achieved?

Professional footballer. He earns more money in a week than you do in a month. Premier league footballer. Republic of Ireland international. All that by the age of 22. Grand scheme of things I think he's achieved alot in his short time.

Edited by Terminally Yellow

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Professional footballer. He earns more money in a week than you do in a month. Premier league footballer. Republic of Ireland international. All that by the age of 22. Grand scheme of things I think he's achieved alot in his short time.

It’s time to start scoring and actually look like a professional footballer too surely? 

6 hours ago, Dame to Blame said:

Why  ? because  i don't share your ****e attitude towards him. 

No because people having the opinion that he's not good enough, based on the evidence presented to them via his performances is not "running him out the club like Cantwell".

Suggesting people aren't proper fans because they think Idah isn't good enough is a ridiculous post, personally I care more about the overall success of the club than masterbating individual egos. 

23 minutes ago, Mr.Carrow said:

Carlton Morris.

People keep throwing this as a reason to stick with idah. But that’s kind of the point, he only became the player he is because we let him go!!! He needed to go to a different club with a fresh start and have the time to develop and achieve his potential.

I may be wrong in thinking Idah will never be anything more than an average league one player but keeping him here is no good for him or us. He needs to go off so he plays regularly, build confidence and doesn’t have same weight of expectation. 

we need a striker (or even a second striker) that is definitely championship quality and can score the goals to at least get us in the playoffs. We can’t just sit around for the next 3 years ‘giving Idah a go’ because he MIGHT bloom later like morris did!

• Like 1

Whatever sort of striker is going to want to come here and play 3rd fiddle to Barnes and Sargent, even if Idah does go?

I like most want Adam Idah to be amazing I want him to develop into a chart busting scorer that defenders don't want to come up against, to be a Norwich City legend, we all want that right.

Currently I want improvement, the right runs, a better first touch, stronger when holding up the ball, making the right decisions, passing improving and shots on target making keepers work, the odd goal every now and again. 

Yes I know he has had injuries and has had limited minutes but he has trained with the first team for sometime and played with Pukki, who is someone you can look at and learn from, I just want to see better on the pitch I want to see development and improvement.

OTBC

He looks to me like he's undercooked for his age. He really, really needs/ needed a loan to learn how to use his attributes properly.

People can shout 'mismanagement' all they want but ultimately this is another one of those things that happened by necessity to make the Farke/ Pukki system work. And it didn't seem like such a problem whilst that was working so well.

A little backwards but I'd for sure be loaning him out this year and finding a Prem loan of our own to fill the slot. Someone like Liam Delap from City maybe.

15 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

More than Carlton Morris at the same age.

How many youth cups has he won then? Just asking 🤣

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

How many youth cups has he won then? Just asking 🤣

Good as winning a junior cup is, is it sigificant compared to being a Premier League player and a twice championship winning player? Carlton didn't start scoring significant goals at a high level for anyone until he was 25, so there is time for Adam to find his feet. 

I agree he could have gone out on loan, but Carlton went out on several loans - scored an average of one goal every five to six games at lower league clubs until he was 25.  At 22 and still nearly 5 years younger, Idah has score 10 goals in 71 senior appearances.

Last season he could have done better - but had been out with a long term injury - and lets not forget the whole team was on a downer by the time he came back into it......how is a player supposed to find his best form coming in after a long injury lay off, when the team as a whole is playing cr*p?? 

• Like 1

while I want Adam to do well

I also want all the other home nations to lose every single game

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Whatever sort of striker is going to want to come here and play 3rd fiddle to Barnes and Sargent, even if Idah does go?

We don't want a striker to play '3rd fiddle' we want one that is better than what we currently have and therefore will start.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr.Carrow said:

Carlton Morris.

I'll counter that with Percy Varco. Did nothing in his first couple of seasons, but club persevered, then suddenly couldn't stop scoring and became a legend. Know your history! 😉

Edited by shefcanary
Misspelt Percy, thanks @daly