Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Man City lad signed.

Good news but he's straight into the academy. Now let's sign someone who can start tommorow..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

34 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

You’re desperate for us to fail to sign anyone, aren’t you…

Desperate for us to fail.... full stop 

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Good news but he's straight into the academy. Now let's sign someone who can start tommorow..

No new signing can start tomorrow

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Too late for tomorrow now

It’s a strange argument to claim I am desperate for us to fail because I want to see decent signings?

If I really wanted failure I would cheer the dross we have looked to sign today because it would bring about what I desire. As it happens I want us to succeed- and that requires a decent replacement for both sarge and Omo- and we haven’t signed either. We have cashed in and gone for profit instead 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Yes but not blindly. If you think today is something to cheer you must be simple or insane. 

Do you believe everything you read on the internet?. Until it is actually confirmed that we have actually sold a CB of questionable ability who has not kicked a ball for us this season I refuse to get that upset............

• Like 2

Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

It’s a strange argument to claim I am desperate for us to fail because I want to see decent signings?

If I really wanted failure I would cheer the dross we have looked to sign today because it would bring about what I desire. As it happens I want us to succeed- and that requires a decent replacement for both sarge and Omo- and we haven’t signed either. We have cashed in and gone for profit instead 

Again, you don't know they aren't decent replacements until they actually play for US! 

But on the other hand, have you actually read all the miserable cr*p you post?

And how you ignore essentially anything positive about NCFC.

There's a reason you have this reputation.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Can't. Have to be registered by noon for that. Any signings now will not be ready for Rotherham, but will be OK for future matches.

What seems odd is that the omo sale was long in the making and we didn’t seem to have a decent replacement lined up? We needed a Gibbo upgrade to keep things competitive- why sign a 33 year old has been who is slow and has little future? 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I don't know if you're aware, but we can't sign anyone to play tomorrow now due to the position of the moon.

Sky saying Omobamdiele will be a 'deal sheet', in other words proof deal is agreed, but not confirmed until midnight with the Football League. 

• Like 1

So, with transfers and injuries, we've lost Omobamidele and Sargent, and replaced them with Batth and Hwang. 

Batth for Omobamidele seems a sideways move, whereas Hwang for Sargent looks like a downgrade (but obviously not the club's fault). 

With Forest maybe about to sign Origi apparently, should we use some Omobamidele money to launch an offer for Chris Wood? Get the Burnley band back together? 

It won't happen, but it would seriously turn this day into a huge success...

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s neither great nor the end of the world - we have been told all summer long that Omo was all-but certain to leave so there’s little point in bleating about it.  He can’t even get in our side so £15m-£20m is great money however you look at it.   If we get a decent replacement in at short notice, along with the striker we need, I’m happy enough.  

I agree Branston. We ended last season  a mid table Champs side...have started well this season and selling Omo for 15-20 mill is good business. Weve Warner around and young Tomkinson  has been loaned to get some experience. Its all about  the here and now...if this helps us get promoted against all the odds then  next Summer we can worry about another rebuild for Prem  reality.

• Like 2

What seems odd is that the omo sale was long in the making and we didn’t seem to have a decent replacement lined up? We needed a Gibbo upgrade to keep things competitive- why sign a 33 year old has been who is slow and has little future? 

The simple and obvious answer is that the person whose job it is to oversee these things is leaving, so there's not much joined up thinking in our first team and youth recruitment. The manager wants players who will be good right now, not maybe good in 2/3 years. He knows if he doesn't perform he will lose his job so why waste time developing players for the future.

29 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Whereas your thought appears to be that those who have got us in this position are not aware of what we need ?

I think I'll trust their judgement.

Fair enough. I didn't doubt that reply. You feel free to be content about another window where promise is replaced with disappointment.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I’ve got High hopes

the man city lad those photos it was still day light so that was completed before 7pm 

Edited by norfolkngood

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Or instead of a age bracket, he's a play off making teams player of the season where we failed miserably into 13th, he's not coming in to be a regular starter, he's coming to be a back up to Duffy/Gibson who have formed a good partnership, he's massively experienced and is only going to be a stop gap! 

• Like 2

Just now, WD40 said:

Another CB crisis incoming for the nth year in a row no doubt…

I think they do it on purpose just to wind me up.

2 minutes ago, repman said:

The simple and obvious answer is that the person whose job it is to oversee these things is leaving, so there's not much joined up thinking in our first team and youth recruitment. The manager wants players who will be good right now, not maybe good in 2/3 years. He knows if he doesn't perform he will lose his job so why waste time developing players for the future.

Except we've brought in several youngsters during this transfer window, including one this very day.

Tbh this isn't what I was expecting and hoping for today.

Andy O, one of my favourites gone, £20m good, if we get there. Sad to see him go.

Hwang on loan and 33 yr old Batth is really underwhelming.

We have money in the bank, which will please some on here more than it does what happens on the pitch.

• Like 2