Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

I think they do it on purpose just to wind me up.

How could it have been foreseen?

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

The Pink'Un complainers brigade getting warmed up for 3 minutes time

giphy.gif

Which camp are you actually in Cambridge? It changes from each page.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, horsefly said:

Except we've brought in several youngsters during this transfer window, including one this very day.

Yeah as I've said somewhere else in this thread, the youth recruitment team have been allowed to do a lot of business too, but the oversight hasn't been there this summer. All the youngsters will go into the u21 team. 

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Michael Dawson saying he doesn't understand Forest spending £20million on Omobamdiele 

Michael Dawson doesn't understand much of anything though 

1 minute ago, WD40 said:

How could it have been foreseen?

That's what they said when the Clairvoyant cancelled.

6 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

5 mins to get the paper work done lads 

no   five mins to tell the fa you have paperwork to do

Edited by mastoola

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The Pink'Un complainers brigade getting warmed up for 3 minutes time

giphy.gif

You mean this geezer?
giphy.gif

Edited by TheGunnShow
Yeah, maybe copying in the embed code was not the smartest idea I ever had.
  • Haha 1

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

You mean this geezer?

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/pFwRzOLfuGHok" width="480" height="300" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/next-pFwRzOLfuGHok">via GIPHY</a></p>

"<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/pFwRzOLfuGHok" width="480" height="300" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/next-pFwRzOLfuGHok">via GIPHY</a></p>"

That geezer sure has an interesting name. His parents really named him that?

• Haha 1

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

"<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/pFwRzOLfuGHok" width="480" height="300" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/next-pFwRzOLfuGHok">via GIPHY</a></p>"

That geezer sure has an interesting name. His parents really named him that?

Copied the wrong bit, lol!! Edited it now.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

It’s a strange argument to claim I am desperate for us to fail because I want to see decent signings?

If I really wanted failure I would cheer the dross we have looked to sign today because it would bring about what I desire. As it happens I want us to succeed- and that requires a decent replacement for both sarge and Omo- and we haven’t signed either. We have cashed in and gone for profit instead 

I don’t understand you can have such a solid negative opinion on the new players signed until you actually see them play,  providing of course that you do watch the team live. 
If after a few weeks they appear poor signings then all well and good, criticise to your hearts content.

But for goodness sake give them a chance !

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

giphy.gif

If this is who cambridge uses to proof read his threads before posting no wonder we see so much crap.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Haha 1

Colour me somewhat disappointed. We’d had a really good looking window up until this last week, banking good figures for Rashica and Aarons and clearing a lot of the wage bill, new signings looking good.

But in the last 24 hours we’ve lost Big Andy, signed another 33 year old defender and a kid from Man City on loan. That’s really underwhelming considering the loss of Sarge to injury and our already slim pickings at CB.

Cannon would have been a great addition, exactly the sort of player that we should have had on our radar with trigger waiting to be pulled. But it feels like we’ve cheaped out once again.

God help the board of results don’t continue to be positive!

Moping and whinging over, let’s absolutely stuff Rotherham tomorrow lads!

7 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Colour me somewhat disappointed. We’d had a really good looking window up until this last week, banking good figures for Rashica and Aarons and clearing a lot of the wage bill, new signings looking good.

But in the last 24 hours we’ve lost Big Andy, signed another 33 year old defender and a kid from Man City on loan. That’s really underwhelming considering the loss of Sarge to injury and our already slim pickings at CB.

Cannon would have been a great addition, exactly the sort of player that we should have had on our radar with trigger waiting to be pulled. But it feels like we’ve cheaped out once again.

God help the board of results don’t continue to be positive!

Moping and whinging over, let’s absolutely stuff Rotherham tomorrow lads!

Norwich City have completed the signing of young forward Daniel Ogwuru from Premier League side Manchester City.

The 18-year-old has signed a long-term deal at Carrow Road, and will initially be part of the club's academy sides.

So not a loan 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 1

Holding for £4m is pretty good going isn't it?  I appreciate there's wages there but wish we could make signings like that when in the prem.

3 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Tbh I don't get the omo stuff as we as a championship side don't pick him. Oh well , good money I suppose. 

If you were the manager would you have picked Ono ahead of Gibson knowing he was going to be sold this summer and the defensive partnership would be broken up after 4 games?