He’s been a good servant but his form has left him recently, and he has visibly slowed. He has also suffered from a lack of quality around him.

I wish him nothing but the best for the future!

It will be interesting to see how (or if) we will replace him.

3 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Runs around like a dog chasing cars this season. Definitely the right decision to get rid of.

Not his fault he gets zero in the way of quality service . People have short memories . Thanks for everything Teemu 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Runs around like a dog chasing cars this season. Definitely the right decision to get rid of.

We didn't get rid of. He has decided to leave.

It would have been nice if you could at least have recognised the huge part he has played in our last five years rather than just making your spiteful little comment. And we wonder why footballers have no loyalty to clubs these days.

• Like 5

Teems Pukki has wasted two years of his career staying at Norwich.

We have a weapon that is the envy of a large number of clubs and have failed him miserably since the sale of Buendia.

The future does not look bright…….

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

No, Pukki does not have the hefty relegation wage cut. That was confirmed by Bailey, I believe.

I think the club had a option to extend his contract for 1 year as long as it was PL wages of 50k a week 

they took up this option 

i think that is when Pukki's agent was Talking about Pukki wanting to play as high as possible etc 

Pukki signed the contract with the club with the Option but did he really want to move ? 

He has been professional since the day he walked in the club but this season just not like the old pukki we will remember 

Edited by norfolkngood

7 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

I think the club had a option to extend his contract for 1 year as long as it was PL wages of 50k a week 

they took up this option 

i think that is when Pukki's agent was Talking about Pukki wanting to play as high as possible etc 

Pukki signed the contract with the club with the Option but did he really want to move ? 

He has been professional since the day he walked in the club but this season just not like the old pukki we will remember

It will be a relief for him to have this in public knowledge now and I predict he will be able to relax a bit and go on a goal scoring run to take us into the play offs and maybe even into the PL. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It will be a relief for him to have this in public knowledge now and I predict he will be able to relax a bit and go on a goal scoring run to take us into the play offs and maybe even into the PL. 

My prediction LDC, is that I could agree with you on this and I hope 🙏 it goes that way and also he scores the winner 🏆 in the play off final. That's what dreams are made of and Yes it's a possible and what a send off the man would get. C'mon pukki the shackles are off , do what you do best.

Massive player. Canary Legend. All the best Teemu Pukki and I'm glad to have seen you play at least once and what a brilliant goal you lobbed in.

image.jpeg.5ddd6d7379cd9859c63c6aa5323efc66.jpeg

Edited by KiwiScot
  • Like 1

My main issue with Pukki leaving is our worrying knack of finding it impossible to find ways of plugging holes left by big, influential players. 

All I can say is thankyou   Pukki you been a great player for the club, always put his heart into the club- never moaned when things not gone right - just got on with the job- sometimes words cannot fully convey how much value you been and how much we going to miss him - good luck for the future and we hope he will be back to co host  on radio Norfolk with Goreham and co in the future

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Idiot. 

• Like 1

Incredibly sad,

Ultimately the right decision for both parties.

I really hope he goes somewhere where he will play week in week out and enjoy his football - would love to watch him in the MLS.

Heart broken in this household 

He was a fundamental part of all that was right here in the current era

Favourite Pukki goal - the one he scored off his chest away to QPR … a mixture of class, cheekiness and inspiration !

• Like 2

I still think we should’ve done all we could to have kept him for another year or two.  And, ok, the club might have done, but somehow I doubt it. Let’s hope they have a coherent plan for our forward line as I’m not feeling any great confidence about Idah and Sargent being the way…

Edited by Grando
  • Like 1

You know what i'd like?  I'd like Emi to come on to the pitch final match of the season and they both come over to the Barclay for a proper farewell.  And we can all go cry in a pint afterwards knowing that this era is well and truly dead.

If possible i'd like to see the spirit of Farke clapping behind them, Darth Vader/Star Wars style.

In fact, if Pukki could dress as Luke Skywalker and Emi come dressed as a little Ewok it would be a perfect moment for me.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Cant replace him won't replace him.

Will be missed more than anyone else. 

Very interesting to see where he goes.

You say that but all we have to do is find out which strikers are being scouted by Peterborough or Brentford and sign them before they do...........simples...........

I'm just pleased this saga has come to a conclusion. Can't help but think all these issues have been part / parcel of the teams mental issues as of late. We now have some clarity and can plan accordingly.

3 hours ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Heart broken in this household 

He was a fundamental part of all that was right here in the current era

Favourite Pukki goal - the one he scored off his chest away to QPR … a mixture of class, cheekiness and inspiration !

I really will miss him. Doesn't help that I've been watching YouTube videos of the Farke team in their prime. Emi through pass to Pukki, magical.

4 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

My main issue with Pukki leaving is our worrying knack of finding it impossible to find ways of plugging holes left by big, influential players. 

Naturally, it's very hard to replace players who you've been lucky enough to sign / scout etc and they turn out to actually be a little too good for the size of our club etc. I think Pukki could have had a great few Premier League seasons for a midtable Prem club set-up the right way.

So now we need a CDM (how long have we been saying this?) and a number 9. Can pretty much add a CB in there and we need to find an entire spine. 

Can see Teemu ending up in Spain myself. A side challenging around europa league spots would be a good fit. 

He can come out to Mexico if he fancies, would happily help him out - legend!

Imagine now if Pukki feels totally relaxed, regains his scoring touch, fires us into the play-offs and scores the winner at Wembley. What a send off that would be! 😉

8 hours ago, hogesar said:

Naturally, it's very hard to replace players who you've been lucky enough to sign / scout etc and they turn out to actually be a little too good for the size of our club etc. I think Pukki could have had a great few Premier League seasons for a midtable Prem club set-up the right way.

You can never replace Pukki, simple as. Dont think there will ever be another player with his playstyle, his finishing and instincts nevermind his goal tally.

Next season is going to be a tough, tough old ride.

The key thing is to create chances like Emi did for Teemu. Teemu isn't good at creating something from nothing. At the moment we don't have the formation or players to create those chances.

We did early doors under Wagner but injuries and some questionable decision making have thwarted that.

18 hours ago, Top corner said:

I'm also not confident that Sargent will be here next season

Why, where will he go? Any club put £9m + on the table?

OK then..

1 minute ago, mrD66M said:

Why, where will he go? Any club put £9m + on the table?

I think Sarge is one of the few players who's asset has probably risen due to his world cup appearance and purple patch start of the season.  So am also a little wary of whether he'll be here too.

Historically we know many players have had the "One more season" chat at this level start of season.  And I dare say he's one that falls under that banner.

I think we as football fans become too attached to certain players, but a squad needs to be rebuilt and refreshed every 2 years. Look at PL teams who did not do that and had poor recruitment on top of that (Spurs, Lpool, MU to an extent) - contrast that with MCity that aren't bothered by losing Zinchenko, Cancelo, Sterling or Jesus. It HAS to be done otherwise players get lazy, usually as soon as they got a shiny new contract.

The "core" of a squad can be kept for 5 or so years. Aside that, we should not be afraid to sell/let players go whenever there's replacement options.

Edited by mrD66M
  • Like 1

End of an era with Pukki leaving.

if we somehow pull off promotion this season I fear for that record of Derby county’s!

more likely a mid 90s style decade of safe mediocrity in the championship away from the rich big boys, how enthralling…