Leaving the reactionary "we're rubbish" opinions after we concede to one side, I thought that was reasonable. Should be winning, but crucially, we're not. If we continue to play like that, we should end up winning.

Idah control is awful.

waste having him and Sargent alongside each other, only need one of them and I’d choose Sargent 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Classic Norwich this season.

We've been the better team without actually creating much but we've conceded a goal due to defensive shortcomings. 

If Rangers want Gunn this summer I'd snap their hand off and thrown in Hanley. Entire defensive rebuild needed.

Depends how much Rangers would want for both, we’re skint remember…. 😉

• Haha 3

Actually both Idah and Sargent have been decent enough, both holding the ball and bringing others into the game. Shame we’re not creating better ball in, one real quality ball in and we score. You can’t header a cross 15 ft in the air!

You can see what we're trying to do. But our whole team was assembled to play slow, short passing football and they don't look entirely comfortable or capable of playing at this intensity or with this directness. We're lacking in composure and not timing our runs or final balls well, the crosses are coming in too late and too many players are standing still and not engaging with the play with Sargent being the worst culprit....yeah stay high, but move as well! 

I think the players are much more used to having time to think about what they're going to do and they're used to playing at a different tempo. Wagner has the right idea but we keep making poor decisions because most of the players either aren't suited to or used to playing like this yet. 

On a positive note we're much better off the ball than in the last two games and Hull just can't get out of their half which is very pleasing to see. 

• Like 2

Apart from Swansea, we have dominated possession in our ma,tches sice. The WC. But this is the third game in a row we do not look at it in the last third. We don't look to do anything different. Onel is murdering them, why not give him 5 minutes in the middle up front? Just to alter their defensive thinking. Or swap wings. Just don't let them get used to the same tactic each time.

We are pushing them back. Why not shoot more if they are parking the bus?

Hernandez is the best player on the pitch. If McLean hits one more cross-field pass that is either at the recipients head or cut out by the full back I'm going to go mental.

• Like 1

I've watched Sargent start roughly 30 games I reckon and not once have I been truly convinced he's good enough to play centre forward. Idah has played a lot less so I'm not going to pass judgment so soon but I still find myself thinking back to that run he had in the side last season where he looked promising. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Hernandez is the best player on the pitch. If McLean hits one more cross-field pass that is either at the recipients head or cut out by the full back I'm going to go mental.

At least Kenny has drive. Sara and Dowell don't

• Like 2

Hanley reminds me of a crap Harry Maguire (yes I do realise what I've just said 😁), he's got the turning circle of a tugboat. 

Plus, with so many players condensed in the attacking area, there is no space for Idah or Sargent to run into space to receive the ball. With these tactics, Pukki would definitely not get the room he needs. If City score first in he 2nd half, draw Hull out then maybe it would be different.

14 minutes ago, Barham Blitz said:

Ah. If the canaries follow the trawler it's because they are hoping for Mangos ?

Exactly! I may have gone somewhere that I wasn’t sure about

• Haha 1

In truth what member of this squad is a player that you would pay good hard earned to see, the player that you are excited to watch , the player that you think can make things happen and turn a game to our advantage? 

3 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

In truth what member of this squad is a player that you would pay good hard earned to see, the player that you are excited to watch , the player that you think can make things happen and turn a game to our advantage? 

At the start of the season I thought it would be Nunez, shame how all his early promise seems to have fallen away..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

i would not be sad for any of these players to be sold 

there has always been a player in a city side you would want to keep

but this side has no stand out performer week in and week out 

Edited by norfolkngood

5 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

Pukki

Just now, king canary said:

At the start of the season I thought it would be Nunez, shame how all his early promise seems to have fallen away..

I was so optimistic too, I'm just not sure where he fits in, so a recruitment error.

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

i would not be sad for any of these players to be sold 

there has always been a player at in a city side you would want to keep but this side has no stand out performer week in and week out 

We have no Wes or Emi type player who orchestrate. We just pass and pass. Sometimes a bit of skill can unlock the stubborn.

1 minute ago, Pyro Pete said:

Onel out to earn a new contract it seems.

I think he deserves one. Looked like he was getting tired, but still found the energy. His attitude is excellent.