5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

The problem with this logic is that of the three attacking midfielders behind Idah, as things stand two of those three will be off too... both Dowell and Onel out of contract, so we wouldn't really be building anything.

Onel of course has 2 assists this evening, and Dowell 1 goal.

However, I don't consider Pukki to be undroppable anymore. He's still a good player but perhaps a bit of rotation will actually benefit his performances.

For me it's not about building the whole team as such but giving our young players enough minutes to grow. I'm not convinced that both Onel and Dowell will be off but that shouldn't matter. We also have a few young wingers in Tzolis and Rowe who if we are losing the other 2 at the end of the year we should probably look at getting onto the pitch more often. That also discounts the club's view on what next season will bring for Rashica/Mumba/Springett. It can be a tricky balancing act but if we ignore the problem we will be much worse for it.

Just now, sonyc said:

Terrific finish. 

We have dominated this game from start to end. Very happy. Every time a Hull player has had the ball there has been 3 if not 4 players on him. You can see the Wagner effect right there.

Lots to feel encouraged about tonight.

Giannoulis, McClean, Sara, Onel, Omo all have played so well. As has the whole team really. Gunn hardly had a shot to save all night.

Reckon Wagner will be pleased with this game. 

And 3 points at home🙂

Couldn't watch tonight so very pleased to hear that. 

Also a crucial win. Would have been six points off the playoffs had we lost today.

Delighted.

I gave my season ticket to a friend whose been having a tough time lately.

So pleased he saw a good win tonight.

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

I think we need to upgrade both to be honest. Both are deeply inconsistent. I can see an argument for them staying but if we're looking at them as week in week out starters then I don't think we're getting anywhere near promotion.

Got no wingers as it is, we could comfortably sign a quality winger from somewhere, probably two, and still have room for Onel in a 25. We've just let Cantwell and Sinani go, Josh Martin to be released in the summer, and the Arsenal chap is a loanee.

For me he's worth a contract even if he spends the duration being used as an impact sub or to gee up the fans, bleeds yellow and green.

Two assists today, what more can you ask?

Dowell really depends on how Wagner wants to play doesn't it, I'll trust Wagner on that one. If we've learnt one thing about Dowell it is that he isn't very versatile, there has to be a Dowell shaped hole in Wagners tactics to justify keeping Dowell.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 3

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Got no wingers as it is, we could comfortably sign a quality winger from somewhere and still have room for Onel.

For me he's worth a contract even if he spends the duration being used as an impact sub or to gee up the fans, bleeds yellow and green.

Two assists today, what more can you ask?

Dowell really depends on how Wagner wants to play doesn't it, I'll trust Wagner on that one. If we've learnt one thing about Dowell it is that he isn't very versatile, there has to be a Dowell shaped hole in Wagners tactics to justify keeping Dowell.

I think that is a fair assesment. Onel is one where I can see more value in keeping him for another season, especially if he's happy coming off the bench.

Dowell I think depends somewhat on what we think we've got in Tzolis and Nunez. Both of them are on long deals and probably decent wages.

4 minutes ago, repman said:

For me it's not about building the whole team as such but giving our young players enough minutes to grow.

Agree, think some rotation is wise.

Wonder if we'll see Placheta being given a chance to impress before the summer also. 

Hard to argue with 3-1 and delighted for the home fans, its been a while.

Obviously still some reservations but pleased that Dimi, Max and Sara all improved from Brizzle. And that our total domination was rewarded.

Thoroughly professional 2nd half, Hull were never in it. Glad we got the 3rd that performance deserved.

Would like to see that challenge on Sara again, looked a penalty from where I was, although I must admit I did enjoy the ref letting the game flow without blowing for fouls all the time. 

• Like 1

Just now, unique said:

McLean at quarterback,(when not making daft mistakes), is a revelation.

I think this sort of game suited him. Hull basically did no pressing so he had time on the ball to move it around, which he can certainly do.

Just now, unique said:

McLean at quarterback,(when not making daft mistakes), is a revelation.

Agree. He was my MOTM. He drives forward which is why he was so good for DF. 

As someone who hasn't been the biggest fan of Kenny in the past, this season he is by far and away our player of the season so far. Looks incredibly effective in his new role as well!

• Like 1

That'll do.

If we didn't concede early, would have been pretty much perfect. In fact, that we did concede first and then proved to ourselves that we could come back from being behind to dominate is probably better, as it will help in future when we concede first. We can do it.

• Like 4

Thought Sargent & Idah actually worked really well tonight, played well enough to warrant the result.

• Like 1

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Agree, think some rotation is wise.

Wonder if we'll see Placheta being given a chance to impress before the summer also. 

Completely forgot about him also, I think he's got a year left on his deal after this so we might look to offload while we can.

I'm sure Wagner will probably be keen on keeping Onel because he's a known (and reasonably reliable) quantity but it's also the sort of situation where Webber needs to put his foot down and say no this is what you've got.

Watched it on the red button, not fit enough tonight but hopefully next home game. I certainly feel better  for three points👍

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Thought Sargent & Idah actually worked really well tonight, played well enough to warrant the result.

Felt they improved as the game went on and started playing more as a pair. 

Interesting to see if this is something Wagner sticks to.

That was a performance from Hanley that we haven’t seen for a very long time.

The defenders weren’t dwelling on the ball. Constant ‘positive’ movement of the football. Much more like it.

Edited by unique

2 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Result matched the performance, and we looked like we had a credible game plan. Far fewer individual errors also. 

Neat tidy and accurate is how it must be to succeed in this league.

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

As I kept Tweeting we needed that 3rd goal

But we didn't? We would have won 2-1 without it. Perhaps I was over-confident but after we went ahead, I was never really concerned*, we were the better team from start to finish. 

* With the usual caveat that you always want a 2 goal cushion as only one goal ahead is always a risk.