Onel playing well. He's always caused chaos in the opposition but he appears to be making the right decision with the ball tonight as well. That is unusual!

• Like 1

Sara looks such a threat in and around the box, I remember when he signed the talk was that he would be more of a goal threat than a creative midfield player. The role he is in now might even be holding him back, despite him looking a top class player there. I'd like to see us without one of the strikers and let him roam free a little bit more.

• Like 1

Have to say (though may not be too popular saying stuff about refs) but this ref has been about the best I've seen. Keeps the game moving. No ridiculous cards and almost invisible.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, repman said:

Sara looks such a threat in and around the box, I remember when he signed the talk was that he would be more of a goal threat than a creative midfield player. The role he is in now might even be holding him back, despite him looking a top class player there. I'd like to see us without one of the strikers and let him roam free a little bit more.

That's was essentially what I was saying earlier.  Although Sargent seems to be doing his best to undermine my theory so far tonight ...

Edited by Barham Blitz

1 minute ago, raunds canary said:

Definitely need another goal 

Yep.

No replays on Sky red button. Was Hanleys definitely offside?

2 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

but it's more important to give Sargent and Idah every chance to thrive so the rest of the team can be built around their approach instead of building around a guy who's of in six months.

The problem with this logic is that of the three attacking midfielders behind Idah, as things stand two of those three will be off too... both Dowell and Onel out of contract, so we wouldn't really be building anything.

Onel of course has 2 assists this evening, and Dowell 1 goal.

However, I don't consider Pukki to be undroppable anymore. He's still a good player but perhaps a bit of rotation will actually benefit his performances.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

The problem with this logic is that of the three attacking midfielders behind Idah, as things stand two of those three will be off too... both Dowell and Onel out of contract, so we wouldn't really be building anything.

However, I don't consider Pukki to be undroppable anymore. He's still a good player but perhaps a bit of rotation will actually benefit his performances.

I hope we give Onel a new contract.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

I hope we give Onel a new contract.

I would like both Onel and Dowell to stay personally.

Dowell really impressed in this league towards the end of our last promotion season. He looked lost under Dean Smith, but is showing what a good player he is again under Dean Smith.

Is it a case of we play Idah up front remainder of the season and we're still saying, "hopefully he'll come good at some point?" 

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

I would like both Onel and Dowell to stay personally.

Dowell really impressed in this league towards the end of our last promotion season. He looked lost under Dean Smith, but is showing what a good player he is again under Dean Smith.

I think we need to upgrade both to be honest. Both are deeply inconsistent. I can see an argument for them staying but if we're looking at them as week in week out starters then I don't think we're getting anywhere near promotion.

• Like 1

Terrific finish. 

We have dominated this game from start to end. Very happy. Every time a Hull player has had the ball there has been 3 if not 4 players on him. You can see the Wagner effect right there.

Lots to feel encouraged about tonight.

Giannoulis, McClean, Sara, Onel, Omo all have played so well. As has the whole team really. Gunn hardly had a shot to save all night.

Reckon Wagner will be pleased with this game. 

And 3 points at home🙂

• Like 2

Interesting to me that Gibbs and Tzolis have been preferred to Nunez tonight. Seems to have really slipped down the pecking order.