TheBaldOne66

Will Wagner get a tune out of this lot?

Not overly happy tbh if it is him, especially reading about his last 2 jobs being failures but if he can make music with our failing squad he really will be hitting the right notes 😍

Nope! 5 or 6 are absolute baggage and I doubt Max, Sarge, Teemu and Hanley want to stick around past next summer tbh 

He has to because there's no money to spend unless several players are sold immediately.

I'm actually hoping that the appointment is with an eye to the long term re-build that will be needed soon.

If we lose a couple of games I am afraid the atmosphere amongst the club will change as it began to on Monday.

Plenty are calling him the wrong man, so I guess  he will get 3 months before those supporting him are called happy clappers.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Well b back said:

If we lose a couple of games I am afraid the atmosphere amongst the club will change as it began to on Monday.

Plenty are calling him the wrong man, so I guess  he will get 3 months before those supporting him are called happy clappers.

Hopefully not. Wagner's teams are reliant on fitness in the same way Farke's were, perhaps more-so, and it may take some time to start seeing significant changes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Well b back said:

The usual sh*t-stirring t*ssers are calling him the wrong man, so I guess  he will get 3 months before those supporting him are called happy clappers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Well b back said:

We need to give him time, I hope people don't expect results from day one.

It was quite funny if a bit sad to see people getting angry that we did not beat reading and Watford.

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

We need to give him time, I hope people don't expect results from day one.

It was quite funny if a bit sad to see people getting angry that we did not beat reading and Watford.

We've been told by Moron McMoronface that promotion is still the objective. How much time are we meant to give him, given the fact that we're a few poor results away from being closer to relegation than 6th place?

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Even Pep couldn't get us promoted.

We were top at one point this season. Is it really so ridiculous to think we could at least get into the playoffs with those same players?

9 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

We've been told by Moron McMoronface that promotion is still the objective. How much time are we meant to give him, given the fact that we're a few poor results away from being closer to relegation than 6th place?

Well given last season the objective was to stay up I would say if we don't go up then the new boss will get until Christmas...

1 minute ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Well given last season the objective was to stay up I would say if we don't go up then the new boss will get until Christmas...

He's on a 12 month deal, so if he is still here at Christmas then chances are we'll have made the playoffs and are either in the Prem or reasonably well placed in the Championship. 

The crowd, rightly or wrongly, will not tolerate us finishing a long way from the playoffs after Webber appointed his mate as manager.

14 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

He's on a 12 month deal, so if he is still here at Christmas then chances are we'll have made the playoffs and are either in the Prem or reasonably well placed in the Championship. 

The crowd, rightly or wrongly, will not tolerate us finishing a long way from the playoffs after Webber appointed his mate as manager.

Think you will be surprised. Exciting football and do or die play and close losses will be forgiven.

The most stagnant times have been nice guy Chris and the chuckle brothers. When we haven't even looked like creating 

37 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

New walk out music?

Ah, the smell of Elliman’s Rub in the afternoon. To be fair to Wagner his music is not all Germanic gloom. From memory no-one dies in Tannhauser or Parsifal, and both end sort of happily, while The Meistersingers of Nuremberg is positively jolly.🤩

Easy come easy come/ easy go , little high /little low or just a little later - I want to be free :::

Edited by baldy09

15 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Not overly happy tbh if it is him, especially reading about his last 2 jobs being failures but if he can make music with our failing squad he really will be hitting the right notes 😍

Hark will Wagners Angels sing ? Will it be the same old sh1te?

Edited by Mullet

8 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Ah, the smell of Elliman’s Rub in the afternoon. To be fair to Wagner his music is not all Germanic gloom. From memory no-one dies in Tannhauser or Parsifal, and both end sort of happily, while The Meistersingers of Nuremberg is positively jolly.🤩

Hopefully the Ride of the Valkyires and not the Twilight of the Gods.

Extraordinary that so many are ready to write off his chances before he's even arrived. The season he got Huddersfield promoted they were fancied by the bookies to be demotion contenders. Who knows what will happen. What I do remember was his team overpowering our side at Carrow Road with one of the best performances I had seen by a Championship side (1-2 didn't do them justice). Whatever!!!

Here's a link to the Huddersfield fan site to get a different perspective on his arrival at NCFC:

https://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/118255/wagner-norwich?page=1

Edited by horsefly

“O!” rief Rossini aus, “in dieser Beziehung bin ich ganz Ihrer Meinung und Niemandist entferner davon, die Origianlität des Schöpfers des Lohengrin anzuzweifeln, als ich; nur daß es uns der Componist mitunter recht schwer macht, das Schöne, was wir ihm verdanken, in dem Chaos von Tönen, das seine Opern enthalten, aufzufinden. Sie werden es selbst schon erfahren haben: Mr. Wagner a de beaux moments, mais de mauvais quart d’heures! Dennoch bin ich seiner bisherigen Laufbahn mit gespanntem Interesse gefolgt.”

“O!” cried out Rossini, “in this connection I am completely of your opinion and no one is further from doubting the originality of the creator of Lohengrin than I; only that the composer sometimes makes it right difficult for us to find the beauty, which we thank him for, in the chaos of the tones, that his operas contain. You will have heard it yourself already: Wagner has lovely moments but awful quarter-hours. Nevertheless I have followed his career up to now with excited interest.”

-Giachino Rossini

• Like 1

We'll have to wait till Act II to see how the same ensemble will work with a different conductor. Chance for fresh start after Christmas, @CarolinaCanary*

* I'm very sorry @CarolinaCanary but there was no @Carol so it's you who had to become the sacrifical turkey for this awful, humour-free vignette

Edited by GenerationA47

Those who've bothered to do a small amount of research into Wagner's tactics at Huddersfield will realise the transition from Smithball to Wagnerball probably won't be quick.

For a start the players aren't fit enough. This will take time; it might not be until next season, but hopefully we will see a huge improvement in the meantime, possibly good enough for the play-offs.

I'll continue to be bullish, but this feels a short to medium rebuild project. Personally I find that more exciting than getting humiliated in the Premier League.

• Like 1

Well, unlike many, seemingly, I feel very positive about this. The league is incredibly close this year- MBoro who were out of it have charged all the way up and there a precious few points separating most teams. We only need a small bounce to be right back into contention. Auto looks beyond reach barring a miracle but play offs defo realistic. My second best day out as an NCFC supporter was Wembley 2015, a repeat of that would be tasty.

I'm not sure about Wagner, but he deserves a chance. Such has been the wastefulness of Stuart Webber's recruitment, the club had limited options, despite Zoe ' Now I can use my married name' Webber's absurd ramblings about what a prestigious position the manager's job is at CR. 

Wagner has problems all around him, so I do not envy him one little bit. Mentally fatigued players, a board who still view football like a pack of Woodbine's and a club that is not run well despite much rhetoric to the contrary. It is sailing very close to the wind. 

Worst case scenario is relegation/administration or the best is play offs. Probably end up mid table, but if he can get them playing in a system week in, week out that works more often than not and the player seem happy with, that will be a big leap forward. 

The club needs to work with a smaller squad, though the fact that the club has little players of value is a concern as I know the club were very surprised that they could not shift Aarons and Cantwell in the summer. Would would they be worth now? 

All in all this appointment needs to work out at least reasonably positively, otherwise any continuation of current form will be back in a division that even Delia would baulk at.